• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Constraints of religion

Religions do not have the capacity nor
    intellectual depth to solve many of the
    real world problems.

It is simply a tool to discipline individuals
    living in groups(family,tribes,cities..)
    so as create harmony and socail order.

Thinking Islam or for that matter any other
    religion can solve Pakistan's complex
    social and economic problems is very naive.

why don't you give us a real life scenario?

solving pakistan problem through religion?
    lets see. religion teaches us honesty, respect, love and care for others. Tells us to get EDUCATED. with the literacy rate around 30% (official figures. kinda high if you askme), exploding population

if you think about it, islam suggests limiting the family size if the parents don't have the means to provide for their parents (maily education).
    (i'm not good with references,so maybe someone can back me on this)

Comment

They are solving Afghanistan's problem with its religion (using honesty, friendship et al) and are very successful.

Comment

Originally posted by kumarakn:
        They are solving Afghanistan's problem with its religion (using honesty, friendship et al) and are very successful.
        Well, what about Saudi Arabia.. Know of
        any other country with lesser crime, murder,
        or Aids rates..
        If you think afghanistan taleban movement
        is so insuccessful, how did they get control
        of over 90% of area? Only foriegn madia is
        crying over islamic law in afghanistan, I've
        met many afghnis, and they've no problems
        with it. If you search BBC for Shariaa Law
        in some parts of Nigeria, you will find that
        these areas are now more peaceful and better
        then before.

Islam is a COMPLETE WAY of life. and can
        solve ALL the problems for a society if
        FOLLOWED correctly.

[This message has been edited by PureLand (edited February 16, 2001).]
        There are only two forces in the world, the sword and the spirit. In the end the sword will always be conquered by the spirit. --Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

I think Wisekhas probably had Gas while posting his unintelligent thoughts that did not originate in his brain.

Islam as a religion is very liberating. Pakistans problems are corruption and the lack of education. Its an Islamic state and those laws need to be instituted.

[This message has been edited by zman (edited February 16, 2001).]

Comment

I agree with all of the above postings. Islam has the solution for all social economic and political problems which pakistanis are faced with. First of all if it wasn't for Pakistan all of us would be second class citizens in India. Sharia and the Quran have laid such paths for us to follow that we don't need look elsewhere for guidance. If pakistan strictly enforces laws against interest, Pakistan's economy will take a positive step. Ofcourse, and obviously, people have to pay taxes but thats a different post.

Shamsheer ul Haq

Comment

***if FOLLOWED correctly.

and here is the catch in this infomercial my friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Najoomi:
                ***if FOLLOWED correctly.

and here is the catch in this infomercial my friend.
                And what is the correct way, no body knows. Everybody knows it is the way of Allah, but nobody knows the details of implementation and their lies the problem.

It is interesting to know that Osama bin laden follows the same Islam of Shahi Imam of India and most people in this forum or Farooq Abdullah of Kashmir. But they see different approaches to the same problem.

"If followed correctly" - beautifully said. But nobody has any clue on the correct implementation/intrepretation of one ultimate Islamic manual - which is the crux of the issue.

[This message has been edited by kumarakn (edited February 18, 2001).]

Comment

Originally posted by PureLand:

If you think afghanistan taleban movement
                  is so insuccessful, how did they get control
                  of over 90% of area? Only foriegn madia is
                  crying over islamic law in afghanistan, I've
                  met many afghnis, and they've no problems
                  with it.

>>>If you search BBC for Shariaa Law
                  in some parts of Nigeria, you will find that
                  these areas are now more peaceful and better
                  then before.<<<<

This message has been edited by PureLand (edited February 16, 2001).]
                  very interesting.......because I was talking to some Nigerian peoples on training course in UK. They said that In Nigeria where Sharia law is applied, got aids from Saudi Arab and after sharia law the area is very unstable ecnomically because lot of big businesses are now moving away from these areas and religiously christians and muslims are more isolated.

I wonder what is motive of Saudi Arab giving aids to these areas and where Saudi's get money from because Since Gulf war they did not bother to help innocent Iraq's or Iran's.

IS SHARIA LAW MORE IMPORTANT THEN HELPING MUSLIM BROTHERS IN NEEDS???? I STILL WONDER

Comment

Originally posted by shamsheer:
                    I agree with all of the above postings. Islam has the solution for all social economic and political problems which pakistanis are faced with. First of all if it wasn't for Pakistan all of us would be second class citizens in India. Sharia and the Quran have laid such paths for us to follow that we don't need look elsewhere for guidance. If pakistan strictly enforces laws against interest, Pakistan's economy will take a positive step. Ofcourse, and obviously, people have to pay taxes but thats a different post.

Shamsheer ul Haq
                    everyone says the solution to Pakistan's problem is Islam and Sharia. If is is then why it is not eefective depsite laws for muslims and majority being muslim and thusands of mosques, millons of malvis and ullemah etc. If this large army of Ullemah and Malvi's can not guide nation to true Islam then WHAT IS GURANTEE THAT WHEN THESE PEOPLE BECOME LAW MAKER AND PLAY MAJOR PART IN RUINNG COUNTRY THEN WE HAVE TRUE ISLAMIC STATE AND SHRIA LAW????

Comment

Originally posted by kumarakn:

Don’t open your mouth about Afghanistan when you don’t know jack. I can tell and point out a lot of the things that your religion/culture couldn’t provide or do for thousands of years what 100 years of education have.

It is interesting to know that Osama bin laden follows the same Islam of Shahi Imam of India and most people in this forum or Farooq Abdullah of Kashmir. But they see different approaches to the same problem.

Osama approach is not Islamic, more of a personal reason. He doesn’t believe in glorifying whites or westerns. He doesn’t believe in the “American way” of things.

What he did for Afghanistan and for Muslims around the world is remarkable that no one could have. Not the so-called “Islamic governments”. The leaders of these “Islamic countries” rather spend their money on dating white women, then go fight a jihad for their brothers in anther country. They make stupid radio/TV announcements while their Muslim brothers are dying by Israeli hands.

They fear him because they don’t want more Osama Binladins in their way to stop the westernizing /assimilation of the world.

------------------
                      *We are the Taleban-Resistance is Futile*
                      Sin: Osama Bin Junior

Comment

Hey Young Brat:
                        If America is so bad why do you live in Oakland, California. Move to Afghanistan if you don't like it here. FBI should keep an eye on you.

[This message has been edited by schopenhauer (edited February 20, 2001).]

Comment

Don’t open your mouth about Afghanistan when you don’t know jack. I can tell and point out a lot of the things that your religion/culture couldn’t provide or do for thousands of years what 100 years of education have.
                          Man, am I having fun! YoungBrat, I am not telling my religion or my belief has the solution for everything in the universe.

Comment

Youngbrat.... if you think that the ultimate goal of your life is to fight for your brothers .. ask yourself onething ... why the **** did they fight in the first place? Tell me that and then ask if blindly follwing a "brother" who you wouldnt entertain in your house otherwise is the true path of all mankind them pray tell me why do we worship GOD who is ever forgiving and merciful and not the tiger or some equally bloodthirsty might is right animal?
                            refer to me signature and ponder.

------------------
                            Religion was created by man.....but dont forget......man was created by God.... Allah Ho Akhbar, Halleluiah, Jay Dev..... all are salutations to the Great One....

Comment

Kumarakn:
                              You are wasting your time if you think that you can reason with people who hate all non-muslims. Best thing you can do is to copy all venomous writings on this board and send them to as many people as possible. Only by raising the awareness of the American public of the threat that these people pose because of their arcane and diabolical views can you succeed in gatting a UK-like anti-terrorist law in the US. Keep files on people like Malik, Young Brat, CM, and Mr.Xtreme for FBI or MI5 might find them helpful.

Comment

Working...
                              X