X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

INTERET - IF E-MAIL NOT ACCEPTABLE THEN WHY WASTE MONEY

By: anjash
    Date”: 14 February 2001

Repeatedly the ministers and concerned tell us through the press that government was determined to revolutionise our beloved Pakistan with I. technology. And for that purpose even small towns are being connected with internet.

2. West wants to sell its technology. I. technology which it provides to developing countries some experts say is second newest. Any technology may it be I.tech, weapon, automobile or what else it has never and will never provide first hand. I remember mid 70s my then Karachi organisation entered into an agreement with a Japanese automobile under which approx. 70% technical know how was to be transferred. Yes, 70% parts started being manufactured locally but washers, gaskets, nuts, bolts totalling to 70% and not any part of main engine.

3. We are now madly developing internet without realising while west is developing I.tech simultaneously it is developing agriculture and in next 15/20 years only those countries would be independent sovereign who have surplus food of their own. Supply of food will be another tool or new "IMF/World Bank". And we are providing interent to our farmers in Sambrial, Kamokee, Nawabshah expecting them to do "e-commerce" whereas people there even do not have proper bank accounts.

4. A friend recently addressed one ombudsman through e-mail address given on said ombudsman's office letter head. Mt friend was told by a written reply inter alia beside other objection that "your application is not signed" which in other words mean any communication addressed by e-mail, on a computer interent provided on huge cost from national exchequer, since is unsigned hence not acceptable. Point is then what is use of e-mail addresses and why spent on interent.

1st. What will be the results of the policy. By having computers in the villages the income of tech companies will not increase too much!

2nd. What are the results? People will now have the option even in the villages of learning simple things like C++, Java, and earn a very decent living in that respect. This way all all the population in Pakistan will have access to this system and kids will be forced to get technical education that pays off very quickly.

3rd. Once we start exporting large amounts of software we will be earning very valuabe forex. The value of the ruppee will go up and hence things like cooking oil, petrol, basicly everything that is imported will become cheaper. What this will mean that more people will be able to get machines for production.

Basiclly if insha'Allah everything goes well we could see the only economic progress that pakistan has ever seen.

And ONE more thing, even in the west e-mail is not used to sign agreements. They still use paper. Offical documents will always be recorded on paper.

Comment

Working...
    X