Chief Executive's Biographi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chief Executive's Biographi

I was wondering if anyone here could refer me to a link where i could find Gen. Musharafs bio/data u know, his life line. Where he was born, when, brother, sisters, education, children etc...

thx

------------------
    Best regards.
    Ali M. Khan
    No links allowed....Admin

[This message has been edited by Admin (edited February 06, 2001).]

www.pak.gov

------------------
    If YoU CaN't SaY AnYthInG NiCe ... ShuT uP ! !
    I have OCD: Obsessive Cullens Disorder
    Bite Me! -- Please
    I like running with scissors...makes me feel dangerous

Comment

Chief Executive of Pakistan

General Pervez Musharraf

General Pervez Musharraf
      Nishan-I-Imtiaz (Military),
      Tamgha-i-Basalat,
      Chief Executive, Islamic Republic of Pakistan

General Pervez Musharraf, the second of three brothers, was born to an educated Syed family on August 11, 1943 in Delhi. After the creation of Pakistan the family chose to settle in Karachi. His father, the late Syed Musharaff-ud-Din a career diplomat retired in 1974 while his mother successfully devoted her time between caring for her family and serving the International Labour Organization, retired in 1987.

The General had the opportunity of spending his early life (1949-1956 in Turkey and can, consequently, converse fluently in Turkish language.

General Musharraf attended renowned Educational Institutions of Pakistan like Saint Patrick’s High School, Karachi and Forman Christian Collage, Lahore.

He joined the Pakistan Military Academy in 1961 and was commissioned in an elite Artillery Regiment in 1964. He saw action in 1965 war as a young officer in the Khem Karan, Lahore and Sialkot Sectors with a self propelled Artillery Regiment. He was awarded Imtiazi Sanad for gallantry. He later volunteered and served for seven years in the Special Service Group "Commandos". He also participated in the 1971 war as Company Commander in a Commando Battalion.

General Musharraf has the privilege of commanding two self-propelled Artillery Regiments. As a Brigadier, he had the distinction of commanding an Infantry Brigade as well as Armoured Division Artillery. On promotion to the rank of Major General on 15th January 1991, he was given the command of an Infantry Division and later of a prestigious strike Corps as Lieutenant General on 21st October 1995.

General Musharraf has served on various important staff and instructional appointments during his career. These include Deputy Military Secretary at the Military Secretary’s Branch, member of Directing Staff both at the Command and Staff College, Quetta and the National Defence College. He has also remained the Director General Military Operations at the General Headquarters.

A graduate of Command and Staff College, Quetta and the National Defence College, General Pervez Musharraf also distinguished himself at the Royal College of Defence Studies, United Kingdom. Commenting on his performance in his report remarked, "A capable, articulate and extremely personable officer, who made a most valuable impact here. His country is fortunate to have the services of a man of his undeniable quality".

General Pervez Musharraf was promoted to the rank of General on 7th October 1998 and appointed Chief of Army Staff. He was given the additional charge of Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee on 9th April 1999 and is performing duties as the Chief Executive of Pakistan since 12th October, 1999. He also continues to hold the office of Chief of Army Staff and Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee.

As a promising young Captain, he got married to Sehba Musharraf on 28th December 1968. He remains a devoted family man and a loving father to their two children Ayla and Bilal, both happily married. They have a grand-daughter, Mariam from Ayla.

A natural sportsman, who has always loved the outdoors and spends most of his leisure time playing Squash, Badminton or Golf. The General also takes keen interest in water sports, is a enthusiastic canoeist and loves to sail. An avid reader he is well versed in Military History, being his favourite subject.

http://www.pak.gov.pk/public/chief/ce_profile.htm

Comment

You forgot to add that he is a poor excuse for a leader beacuse he hasn't been able to change the image of the pakistanis in the eyes of the world.

He is also a middler. Having neither the Charisma of Bhutto or the balls of Yayah, he is a guy who just ambles on getting C's on his report card.

I can get C's as an autocrat. Let me run Pakistan

Comment

Not another one...phew.

Infoman.....what are the chances of u having roots in either some political party, or india? The only folks who have opposed Gen Musharraf blindly are those who have vested interests in his removal....who will perhaps benefit from a return to low life democratic powers.

Pakistan has magnanimously improved since Musharrafs arrival. If you dont agree with it, tough noogies. Comparing Bhutto to anyone is a slap in the face.....one of the most disgraceful and corrupt families on the face of this earth.

Comment

his indian roots shows up he cant be tough
            with those kahns and punjabis. he is just surviving

Comment

Yo Info/ Indian man:
              Right now we'll take anything but your Blood sucking Benazir/ & that sorry xcuse of a man Nawaz Sharif! We were also avid supporters of Bhutto, but we are not blind nor stupid as your BB would have her people to fill up her hubby's & her own bank accts. Yeah a lot of good her charisma did. Please!!

Can you please tell us why in God's name Pakistan was t/ only country where poverty actually rose during t/ nineties, even tho she was elected 2wice??
              And please, don't say Nawaz Sharif. We have just about had it w/ each blaming t/ other all t/ while ripping t/ Pakistani people off until there is no more left!

Comment

if pakistan have stayed with india it would have been better economicaly. it would have been more industrialised. i dont understand why kashmir want to join the bandwagon
                politicians stole the whole country while
                its people's attention is forcibly diverted
                towards evil india

[This message has been edited by rvikz (edited February 10, 2001).]

Comment

Originally posted by rvikz:
                  if pakistan have stayed with india it would have been better economicaly. it would have been more industrialised. i dont understand why kashmir want to join the bandwagon
                  politicians stole the whole country while
                  its people's attention is forcibly diverted
                  towards evil india

[This message has been edited by rvikz (edited February 10, 2001).]
                  Why is there big line at bombay ,calcutta & chennai American embassy by H1b aaplicant knowing it is no guarantee of job or green card or anything whivch india has ,greta economy ,industrialization,booming bollywood yada yada yada .Look in the mirror & ask your self whay the hell YTOU & i million Indians doing in USA if it is swarg for you!! Dont tell me all indians in usa are doctor .

------------------

*Negahe Marde Momin Se Badal Jate Hai Taqdeeren*

Comment

What has the CE done wrong till now?

And rvikz, the whole thing with if this then that is all BS. How do u know it would have been better off? sad... A quote from Jinnah (the movie): "Why do u want to force two nations to marry when they dont want to get married!".

I think that the CE is doing a good job. We have to wait some time (atleast till next fiscal year) to see the real results. I mean look at the brighter side, We had an arms export exibition and we just signed a $21 million deal with Malayaisa! Todays news...

Comment

Originally posted by Azad Munna:
                      Why is there big line at bombay ,calcutta & chennai American embassy by H1b aaplicant knowing it is no guarantee of job or green card or anything whivch india has ,greta economy ,industrialization,booming bollywood yada yada yada .Look in the mirror & ask your self whay the hell YTOU & i million Indians doing in USA if it is swarg for you!! Dont tell me all indians in usa are doctor .
                      it is not only indians want to immigrate
                      we still have 1 billion at home .
                      indians have the highest percapita income in usa of all ethini groups.

Comment

Working...
                      X