the afghan curse continues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the afghan curse continues

and these are just the fruits of the holy war in afghanistan...much more to come from kashmir.

do we give a damn about our own country? or is it just the fate of us pakistanis to help get other people liberated while working our own way to self-destruction.

A Glimpse Of The Future

By:Ayaz Amir

No need to go to the Malakand Agency or Maulana Samiul Haq's famed redoubt in Akora Khattak to look at the future. The future is all around us, with poisoned fangs pressing its claims on the decaying present. Parts of Chakwal are turning slowly but surely into Afghan localities. The outskirts of the town are pockmarked by Afghan tents. The richer Afghans dominate sections of the main bazaar. The poorer sort push streetcarts or work as day laborers. It is a common sight seeing their children pick rags. Whence (from which of Afghanistan's provinces) have these people come? How many are they? No one knows, least of all the administration which has not the measure of this insidious diaspora.
    Nor is Chakwal an exception. A vast Afghan influx is changing the color of the entire north Punjab plain. These Kabuliwallahs are not seasonal migrants or Powindahs driving their flocks south for the winter and then returning to their upland homes when the weather turns warm. They are here to stay, their urge to do so strengthened by the memory of the misery they have fled and the relative plenty they have found here. Is Pakistan a poor country? Few Afghans, or Bangladeshis for that matter, would agree. Beginning with the great Mahmud, Afghans have come to these parts as conquering dynasts. For the first time in history they have entered as termites, infiltrating the woodwork and spreading not by open conquest but relentless encroachment. And just as tired wood is helpless before an onslaught of termites, the weak structure of the Pakistani state is helpless before this unheralded invasion. The Durand Line is a thing of the past. As before the Sikh empire of Maharaja Ranjit Singh, Afghanistan has entered the heartland of Punjab.

Is this a call to xenophobia? It could be read like one although it is more a despairing cry over the debilitating cancer that has laid Pakistan low. Today we are in no position to count our own people much less make an accurate count of the Afghans who have pitched tent in our towns and villages. There is a Pakistani diaspora in the Gulf and much further afield. But it is not running loose because the countries wherein it is to be found are better at keeping count of foreigners and of enforcing their own laws. Pakistan by contrast has become an open sieve which anyone can enter and leave at will.

Worse, it's also become open territory for anyone to settle in. Iran kept its Afghan refugees under control. General Zia, the source of so many of our sorrows, let them have the freedom of the country. The consequences are now upon us in the form of an Afghan invasion more permanent than any before it. It is also an on-going invasion with Afghanistan's on-going troubles sweeping fresh waves of refugees into Pakistan.

I'm cold seed, I'm your sweetest leaf
    I'll ease your mind, I'll set you free

What a pathetic picture is presented by the author. The curse is not the Afghan. The real curse is the propaganda and thinking of authors like Ayaz Amir. Is this the true picture of Islamic spirit? Is this what we believe of Islamic brotherhood? Is this how we help our grieved Muslim brothers? This is the worst form of prejudice against our Afghan brothers. The worst form of the evil of nationalism. The same could be said for Pakistani's coming to west as termites for few more dollars. Shame on the Author!

Comment

Link please.

------------------
      CROIRE A L'INCROYABLE
      You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Comment

musalman, do we have to help the afghanis even if our own existance is at stake? r we strong enough to deal with these things? haven't we suffered enough?

its just not the afghanis migrating to pakistan. its the effect of the whole afghan war which has destroyed pakistan, with little hope for future.

link : http://www.paktoday.com/ayaz2.htm

Comment

Would you turn away from your dying brother because you have suffered enough?
          Would you?
          Could you?
          And how?
          They only people that I know can ever pull something like this of are cowards.
          Are you one?
          Can you be one?

Look and read really really hard and think about what you are saying.

------------------
          *We are the Taleban-Resistance is Futile*
          Sin: Osama Bin Junior

Comment

Originally posted by Musalman:
            What a pathetic picture is presented by the author. The curse is not the Afghan. The real curse is the propaganda and thinking of authors like Ayaz Amir. Is this the true picture of Islamic spirit? Is this what we believe of Islamic brotherhood? Is this how we help our grieved Muslim brothers? This is the worst form of prejudice against our Afghan brothers. The worst form of the evil of nationalism. The same could be said for Pakistani's coming to west as termites for few more dollars. Shame on the Author!

musalman i agree would you show same kindness
            to bihari muslims that were stranded in bangaldesh .

Comment

youngbrat, my bretheren are foremost the millions of pakistanis who have had to bear the brunt of this holy war. klashinkov culture, profuseness of drugs everywhere and general pathetic state of affairs are all the spill outs of this.

secondly, beta pakistan na ho ga to kahan jao gey. wake up, please.

i too once was a great fan of jihad culture, but not anymore. things have to change.

Comment

the pathetic state u r talking about is not because of Afghans. its cos of our messed up government systems of the past. the looters have sucked up the country dry. landlords, rich businessmen who got richer by leaps and bounds by using their political advantages etc. the bhuttos, lagharies, shareefs and the rest. blaming any immigrants be it mohajirs, afghans, biharies for Pakistans problems is moronic. these middle class folks like average Pakistanies have no powers to do any damage to Pakistan. Its the elite 10% that is to blame for this poor economic state.

Comment

Originally posted by Scratch:

secondly, beta pakistan na ho ga to kahan jao gey. wake up, please.

Beta I was born in Pakistan and MashAllah have a huge family there.

Some Afghanis point their fingers at Pakistan for their problems and some Pakistanis point their fingers at Afghanistan for their problem, where the nose grinding from both sides are mutual.

I'm already up 'n awake and I think mundyaa post explains everything for you.

Salaam

p.s> time for you to wake up and stop discriminating.

------------------

Comment

hey bro youngbrat u seem to be offended by my reply... sorry if it is so.

my point is just that if we are going to continue supproting every such holy wars in the world, where are we gonna end up? was this country made to be used by everyone in the world expect by pakistanis? i mean starting from this afghan war, we now have private armies (the jihadi groups) in our country, defying all the laws of the lands.

the pak-afghan sarhad is non-existant, its just like you and me going from lahore to oindi...we are talking about the sovereignity of a country. and these guys are not living like mohajirs here. they are literally taking over the economy of the nwfp.

and mundyaa, you are right in some sense. but tell me one thing. how can we concentrate on our own problems unless we stop trying to solve the problems of other people? have we been able to do so uptill now?

peace!

Comment

[B]hey bro youngbrat u seem to be offended by my reply... sorry if it is so.
                      [B]
                      lol hahahhahahahahaha whats up with you guys? some people are saying i get emotional and some offened.......why? lol...........come on now.....this is just a forum........lol.....

Take IT easy...

p.s>Brats dont get emotional....

------------------

Comment

i dont think we have solved anyones problem? barely provided them a place to live. not a big deal. u sound like that new u.s citizen who blamed the influx of immigrants for his economic problems.

so the jihadies scare some in Pakistan? they should. these scared folks are ppl with crooks hidden in'em. who do not want things to go right for the first time. as long as Islam, truth justice honesty prevails.... these jihadies might bring the one change we really needed ever since the creation of Pakistan. so if u want the same qualities to prevail... and are on the same side you have nothing to be afraid of.

[This message has been edited by mundyaa (edited January 31, 2001).]

Comment

we are talking about the sovereignity of a country.
                          What makes you think that Pakistan has the sovereignty on the land or you think that the citizens of Pakistan are sovereign.

Sovereignty of all things belongs to Allah (SWT) and it includes the land of Pakistan. Citizens of Pakistan do not have any claim of sovereignty on the land of Pakistan. Entire Muslim Ummah has rights on the land of Pakistan and the Muslims of Pakistan and vice versa.

Do not forget the following words of Allah (SWT) next time when you claim any kind of sovereignty:

62. Surat Al-Jumu'ah, Verse 1:
                          Whatever is in the heavens and on earth, doth declare the Praises and Glory of Allah,- the Sovereign, the Holy One, the Exalted in Might, the Wise.

23. Surat Al-Mu'minun, Verse 88:
                          "Who is it in whose hands is the sovereignty of all things,- who protects (all), but is not protected (of any)? (Say) if ye know."

The land of Pakistan belongs to Allah (SWT), the people of Pakistan are slaves of Allah. The right of Sovereignty belongs to Allah alone and to no one else. And read carefully it is Allah (SWT) “who protects (all)” and no one else.

Insaan being placed as the Khalifa on this planet will only obey the real Sovereign Allah (SWT) and Jihad is one of HU’s obligatory (Fard) commandment upon Muslim Ummah and has to be obeyed under all circumstances. Read the following words of Allah (SWT)

2:190 Fight in the cause of Allah those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for Allah loveth not transgressors.
                          2:193 And fight them on until there is no more persecution or oppression, and the religion becomes Allah's. But if they cease. Let there be no hostility except to those who practice oppression.
                          2:244 Then fight in the Cause of Allah, and know that Allah Heareth and Knoweth all things.
                          4:74 Let those fight in the Cause of Allah who sell the life of this world for the hereafter. To him who fighteth in the cause of Allah,- whether he is slain or gets victory - soon shall We give him a reward of great (value).
                          4:75 And why should ye not fight in the cause of Allah and of those who, being weak, are ill-treated (and oppressed)?- Men, women, and children, whose cry is: "Our Lord! Rescue us from this town, whose people are oppressors; and raise for us from Thee one who will protect; and raise for us from Thee one who will help!"
                          4:76 Those who believe fight in the cause of Allah, and those who reject faith fight in the cause of Tagut (Evil): So fight ye against the friends of Satan: feeble indeed is the cunning of Satan.
                          4:84Then fight in Allah's Cause - Thou art held responsible only for thyself - and rouse the believers. It may be that Allah will restrain the fury of the Unbelievers; for Allah is the strongest in might and in punishment.
                          4:95 Not equal are those believers who sit, except those who are disabled, and those who strive and fight in the cause of Allah with their goods and their persons. Allah hath granted a grade higher to those who strive and fight with their goods and persons than to those who sit (at home). Unto all (in faith) Hath Allah promised good: But those who strive and fight Hath He distinguished above those who sit (at home) by a great reward,-

How much more proof do you need that Jihad is Fard on this Ummah?

[This message has been edited by Musalman (edited January 31, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Musalman (edited January 31, 2001).]

Comment

Musalman, One question. Are you Pakistani? Yes or No Please.

Comment

Originally posted by Najoomi:
                              Musalman, One question. Are you Pakistani? Yes or No Please.
                              Yes!

Comment

Working...
                              X