• Show
Clear All

Bin Laden overthrew my Govt says Benazir

could bin laden that powerful in pakistan's
    politics?

Bin Laden overthrew my Govt says Benazir
    Islamabad
    Jan 13, 2001 14:40 Hrs (IST)

AKISTAN Peoples Party (PPP) Chief Benazir Bhutto has charged that Saudi fugitive Osama Bin Laden, Nawaz Sharif and a Corps Commander were responsible in overthrowing her Government in early 1990s.

Bhutto also accused President Farooq Leghari and some “rogue” elements of the intelligence agency and security services for dislodging her Government for second time.

“Osama paid $10 million to overthrow my Government during my first term,” the exiled PPP leader said in an interview to the monthly Herald.

The former Pak premier said the then serving Corps Commander held several meetings with the Muslim League Chief Nawaz Sharif and Osama Bin Laden to chalk out the plan to topple her Government.

“Osama bin Laden was told that a woman in the prime minister's position was against Islam and so he should give them money to overthrow her,” she said and added that Nawaz Sharif told Laden he would bring Islam to Pakistan.

“No one had heard of Osama Bin Laden then, neither had I. He's become famous now. He would be sitting there and interfering with the government’s work,” she said and added that Bin Laden also paid $10 million to PPP member to finance the ‘no-confidence motion' against her Government but they voted againt the motion.”

Referring to her dismissal for the second time, Bhutto said, “It was the president in collusion with rogue elements of the intelligence and security agency that overthrew the Government.”

“I exonerate Chief of the Army Staff Gen. Karamat and the Military as an institution for their role in the dismissal of the Government,” she said but blamed the then president Leghari for the murder of her brother-Murtaza Bhutto.

i am ashamed of the type of politicans we have

what really happened was thatsome martians didn'treallylke her, so they,togather with the doodh wala, and the chaprasi overthrew her govt.

Comment

rvikz I really did not not know whether to transfer this to the jokes column. But alas this woman (Benazir) claims to be a Pakistani politician so I thought it should remain here. But you must realise that the
      more these so-called Pakistani politicians lose influence (and attention) the more desperate and foolish their statements will become.

This is a pattern that is becoming increasingly common among all the three parties leadership's. The PML, MQM and PPP leaders will continue to make more and more such bizarre statements to garner attention for themsleves. They know they are yesterday's people.

To demonstrate this take a couple of her assertions.

“Osama bin Laden was told that a woman in the prime minister's position was against Islam and so he should give them money to overthrow her,” she said and added that Nawaz Sharif told Laden he would bring Islam to Pakistan.

Here she is talking about her first term. But was Osama responsible for her dismissal the second time round? NO.

Has any other woman Muslim PM's complained of such Osama-led conspiracies? e.g. Sheikh Hasina and Khaleda Zia of Bangladesh, Tansu Ciller of Turkey. NO.

“No one had heard of Osama Bin Laden then, neither had I. He's become famous now.

Exactly he is famous now. There is a get Osama craze sweeping from DC to Delhi and she thought she would cash in on it. Simple as that.

[This message has been edited by Mursalin (edited January 13, 2001).]

Comment

Bull****.

------------------
        CROIRE A L'INCROYABLE
        You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Comment

How crazy can some people get....just because.......Mursalin ur rite..there is a bin Laden craze out there....people seem to blame bin Laden for every thing which went wrong wid them.

Plain old bull****!!!!!

------------------
          /* ^You mess wid me....I mess wid U^- AlCapone *\

Comment

And it took her that long to come out with this "FACT".Lets try to find out what could be behind this statement as the politicians dont make a statement without some interests or the other behind them.May be she is trying to be friendly with USA as its going to have a new President now and she wants to have his support.

Comment

for allah's sake dont let this women rule pakistan again
              well benazir is talking all this bull**** just because she want to be in the good books of the new bush administration and the western western world .
              please keep this woman away from pakistan

Comment

pure form of frustration!

Comment

Daddy's spoiled little girl who became a prime minister, but didn't have the courage to stand up to the consequences of her actions. Bin Ladin and Nawaz Sharif together is the worst derogatory statement towards Bin Ladin. Secondly, For Ladin there are more important things out there then overthrowing Bainazir. Her idiocracy, contradictions and lack of ability to lead was enough to do the trick.

Comment

See rvikz everybody knows it is bull****.
                    Why do you waste our and your time by posting stuff like this???

------------------
                    CROIRE A L'INCROYABLE
                    You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Comment

all i can say bout benazir is she lost head long time ago(thats if she had 1 in the 1st place

Comment

Originally posted by BOLEY BALE LARKI:
                        all i can say bout benazir is she lost head long time ago(thats if she had 1 in the 1st place
                        agreed 100%.....

She was not the type to run the country..she was bound to say this sooner or later..

bye
                        naeem

Comment

It was good riddance to bad rubbish - so I say 3 cheers for whoever was responsible. Actually it was her own fault, if she had thought about the Awam and not her own personal bank account I doubt she would have been kicked out, or in any case the Awam would have protested against her overthrow. These "leaders" never learn!

Comment

Working...
                          X