• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pakistan's India haters and India's Pakistan haters

http://server35.hypermart.net/thefri...es/outrage.htm

Outrage
    Haider Cheema
    hates Pakistan's India haters and India's Pakistan haters
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am sick and tired of the impression of India that is currently prevalent in our society. What angers me most is that, like the villains of old low budget movies, we have decided to accept India as a country in which the existence of a single virtue is impossible. For the majority of the population of Pakistan who don't have access to cable TV or Dish, India is presented as the evil nemesis of the world where everything is unIslamic and unethical. Why?

I believe narrow-minded mullahs are partly responsible for this extreme wave of hatred towards India in Pakistan. The rest of the blame for this situation goes to PTV. I know the same sort of situation exists in India vis a vis us and ZeeTV and Hindu chauvinism are to blame on the other side of the border. I will comment on the madness this side of the border and I hope some TFT reader on the other side will expose their own. Otherwise I threaten to do so in my next Outrage. Ok, fine, India is our enemy and all, but that doesn't mean that we must stop liking Indian singers, movies, or sportsmen. With PTV, it isn't even a question of liking; it is a matter of complete rejection. Watching PTV, you get the feeling that the authorities have decided to completely ignore the very existence of any Indian who is not a politician or an army official. The host of a music program was recently interviewing Ali Azmat of Junoon. When asked about his inspirations, he mentioned Led Zeppelin, Santana and Jimmi Hendrix. He also mentioned Sonu Nigam, but the name was censored. What are we trying to prove here? That Sonu Nigam doesn't exist?

But Sonu Nigam is just the tip of the iceberg; we are caught in an even bigger complex. We can't even face the reality of India's presence. Why oh why does everyone say " hamsaya mulk " instead of India on PTV? Then in an India-Pakistan cricket match, whenever an Indian batsman scores a boundary or an Indian bowler gets a wicket, rejoicing Indian fans waving the Indian flag are censored on PTV. The pious people of the land of the pure are protected from the unholy scene by being shown an uplifting cigarette advertisement. Apart from irritating the already irritated viewer (at the fall of the wicket), this little act also reeks of the mindless mentality of our censors. Though we can play cricket with India, watching them do well would simply be unpatriotic. After the 1999 world cup, PTV 'sports time' started showing all the world cup matches in order, but when it came to the Super Six match between India and Pakistan, which India won, the match was skipped, and never shown at all.

Another thing I find amusing, as well as irritating, about PTV is the style of presenting a disaster occurring in India. Any accident in India, even a natural calamity like a flood or a cyclone, is announced so triumphantly on khabarnama that it gives the impression that Pakistan was wholly responsible for the incident. The beaming newsreader practically bursts with happiness as he announces the number of casualties in a given train crash or flood. Basic humanity does not stretch across the border, there is a sickening smugness in the way we are told of the women and children killed by dacoits, typhoid epidemics or droughts. This shows how obsessed we are with India's losses. This does not consolidate our position as a superior nation. I hate to burst the national bubble, but sticking our heads in the sand isn't going to make our neighbour disappear. It will only succeed in blocking our collective vision.

<<When asked about his inspirations, he mentioned Led Zeppelin, Santana and Jimmi Hendrix. He also mentioned Sonu Nigam, but the name was censored. What are we trying to prove here? That Sonu Nigam doesn't exist? >>

i am curious what sonu nigam inspired ali azmat for. for all i know, he is a second rate copy of old singers.

Comment

THis is sOOO GREAT AND WONDERFUL TO HEAR
      I HOPE PTV will keep doing this and keep blocking out india from its shows we do not want any kind of influence from the "AWARA INDIANZ" They will ruin the Pakistani and our culture. We are 2 DIFFERENT countries with 2 different ways.

LONG LIVE PAKISTAN
      INDIA MURDABAD

Comment

Working...
      X