The Official Pakistan's Website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Official Pakistan's Website

Since I had questions about the official Pakitan's website, I post the follwoing bit of information I got recently.
    The following is from the Consul General in Boston.

>>The Official Government website is http://www.pak.gov.pk. This is the only
    >>official website maintained by the Ministry of Information and Media
    >>Development which is secure and hacker proof. Any other site purporting to be
    >>that of the govt. of Pakistan is not a valid govt. website. Furthermore,
    >>there is also a tourism website which is www.toursim.gov.pk. this is the
    >>official website of Pakistan Tourism Development Corporation. This is a
    >>multifunctional website which is user-friendly and needs to be introduced to
    >>travel agents and tour operator in addition to the general public.
    >>
    >>Sincerely,
    >>
    >>Asad Hayauddin Barry D Hoffman
    >>Press Attache Hon. Consul General

What's a Barry D Hoffman?

Comment

official as in gov ... yaw .. those are the ones ... otherwise .. u know ...

AC

Comment

Originally posted by Ahmed:
        What's a Barry D Hoffman?
        Barry Hoffman is a persons name and so also is Asad Hayauddin I believe. Sorry the formatting made it look like a title.

As Azkar mentioned ... offiical as in government controlled and sanctioned.

Comment

Akif
          why is this in pakistan affairs. I thought it was refering to websites that are called offical and not so official.
          Hmcq

Comment

Oh sorry hmcq, we thought this was general information about Pakistanís government site. Do you want to discuss the O in TOPP? In that case Iíll move it back to general, lemme know.

Comment

I think it should be noted what you mean by official. Since you and the moderaters
              feel this is a more adequate place for the location of the post then, it should be left over here (it is related to Pakistan as is obvious and does fit in here as well)
              but I would be nice to have a statement somewhere prominent on this
              website with a link to the Pakistani Official "GOVERNMENT" controlled website.

I raised the point only because, I dont think the TOPP or Gupshup management
              would willingly promote itself as something it is not and to clarify that for people who might wonder about it ( as I did when I joined the forums).

Thanks

Hmcq

Originally posted by sabah:
              Oh sorry hmcq, we thought this was general information about Pakistanís government site. Do you want to discuss the O in TOPP? In that case Iíll move it back to general, lemme know.

Comment

I really enjoyed the Tourism site.

It was wonderful and really multi-purpose! I am sure having a one-page site with a label "Site under Construction", can be used for multiple purposes and MUST be introduced to all the travel agencies and general public.... Yikes!

[This message has been edited by Pristine (edited January 11, 2001).]

Comment

Working...
                X