No announcement yet.

Why does national and religous pride have to be accompanied by so much paranoia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why does national and religous pride have to be accompanied by so much paranoia

..and hate? In fact it seems if you are not a bigot or hateful person your are considered a traitor to your own people.

Explain that. Never mind how it should be and what is wrong or right.I already know that. I'd like to hear from all the people who think this way..

HmmmÖ Iím very proud of my religion and my nation(s), and I donít think anyone is important enough to be hated, and Iím definitely not paranoid. Waise paranoia to yeh hai, that you (not you) decide not to feel anything for your ppl and thereby donít have to offer help of any sort, and since you see some others offering help etc. You start criticizing them. I call it desperation, you donít want others to tell you how low moral and greedy person you are so you start dissing them like majority of other civilized ppl, jo sirf aik aankh se dekhte haiN.

Youíre not a traitor if you donít love your nation; youíre one if you hate it, if you donít feel anything, youíre just another man in the world. Waise in this world most ppl fall in the category jo chaRhte sooraj ki pooja kerte hai, so thinking that religious proud is == hatred or paranoia is ok for some, lekin weíre all different with our unique priorities

Comment

I think rather than label people bigots or hateful, it is better to discuss the issues and stick to that.

Your question:

"Why does national and religous pride have to be accompanied by so much paranoia ...and hate?"

If you can point to one specific example then it would be easier to evaluate rather than give a general answer which might not be relevant.

Comment

What is the evidence of your observation? Do you have any solid proofs to back your rhetoric up? If NOT, then you are merely spreading baseless propaganda, which in-fact seems to be your real agenda.

[This message has been edited by Musalman (edited January 09, 2001).]

Comment

What? It was the kind of 'discussions' I find common here at Gupshup and pretty much any place desi's get together that made me feel like asking this.

What's this talk about agendas?

[This message has been edited by waqas72 (edited January 09, 2001).]

Comment

HaiN???

Khair.

Comment

Working...
            X