Was Pakistan undermined at birth ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was Pakistan undermined at birth ?

Achary Kriplani, who was the President of the Congress at the time of partitioning of India had declared "Neither the Congress nor the nation has given up its claim of a United India, and Patel confidently prophesied: Sooner than later, we(India & Pakistan)shall again be united in common allegiance to our country.

(1947)

Does India really harbour similar feelings ?

Please post articles and posts too support.

why do you think India attacked Pakistan in 1965? After 18 years after partition India finaly realized that Pakistan is not going to join back with India even after many hurdles put in Pakistans way like the cutting of water supplies from rivers originating in India. Not giving the fair share of assets in United India.

And as far as India and Pakistan uniting again is concerned, that will never happen my friend! Muhammad Ali Jinnah, thought of not in the near future but far ahead that Hindus and Muslims could never live in peace.

Take the example of the Babri mosque and several other examples. And the low living of Muslims in India! If India is so secular, I simply fail to understand that why do they have a quota system based on religeon if secular why not everyone is the same and everything is based upon merit?

Comment

Originally posted by AliBeta:
      If India is so secular, I simply fail to understand that why do they have a quota system based on religeon if secular why not everyone is the same and everything is based upon merit?

alibeta.. welcome to politics. movies are too boring these days, there is no cricket being played and as u said u can't afford zee TV. anyway, coming to point the quota in india is for sheduled castes and scheduled tribes and middle castes like yadav and handicapped. no quota based on religion.

Comment

Originally posted by AliBeta:
        why do you think India attacked Pakistan in 1965? After 18 years after partition India finaly realized that Pakistan is not going to join back with India even after many hurdles put in Pakistans way like the cutting of water supplies from rivers originating in India. Not giving the fair share of assets in United India.

Actually India attacked Pakistan because if it had not done so it would have lost Kashmir as "Mujahidin" (Pak Army) had infiltrated deep into Kashmir. (India was successful in it's mission & both countries claimed victory).

Back to the point, here's one to ponder about:

While I was at University a few years back, there were a couple of students doing research on the subcontinent. They had an interesting (& v controversial) theory. They believed that Jinnah initially did not want Pakistan but was asking for it to win a special status for muslims (well stated theory). Some hindus in the congress (like Patel) on the other hand were worried about
        the effect of a predominately muslim block in united India. They also considered NWFP & Baluchistan ungovernable. The theory goes that Jinnah was forced to have Pakistan as the hindus saw that as a better option than to grant muslims a special status.

I do not necessarily agree 100% with this theory but it is interesting nonetheless.

Comment

Working...
        X