Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shahbaz Sharif.......the forgotten hero?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shahbaz Sharif.......the forgotten hero?

http://www.jang.com.pk/thenews/dec20...main/main2.htm

I dont know how much credence I should give to the News Intelligence Unit, but this is news to me. Shahbaz Sharif is pretty much being hailed as a forgotten hero in this piece.

This is either a plan B on part of the Sharifs, or on part of Shahbaz Sharif himself, which proves that there is some major dissent among the family. I dont know what ramifications that will have, and whether or not Shahbaz has the authority to nullify the deal for himself only, because as quoted in this piece, the deal was approved for the whole family, as a whole....and his initial refusal had put the deal in jeopardy for the whole family.
    Dont know what to think of it, but i dont think its any more than a bunch of fibs.

Thats funny.
    Shahbaz a hero!!!
    Now that is funny!!

------------------
    CROIRE A L'INCROYABLE
    You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Comment

Swear to god.. All this time I was hoping that one of the jawaans will flip out watching a crook like Nawazu escape and turn his gun on him... *sigh*

Comment

Shahbaz Sharif a Hero........now thats a new twist....
        ND

Comment

NIU aka New Intelligence Unit … had come up with a series of articles .. very interesting stuff (read articles from december 11-14) also check out the opinion section …. The information is based on analysis … I personally believe that shareef clan will be back on Pakistani soil in no more than two years and the ‘innocent’ or more appropriately dumb Awam will give him a great welcome and will vote for him in very considerable numbers …. Benazir and Alatf after all follies, corruption and anti-patriotism have not lost any considerable ground … they all three of them still control their political parties … for Shareef it’s a bump in the road… Shabaz will be their animal .. perhaps a Murga since the title Lion is already reserved for big bro… its pathetic !
          With Arab (damn that Saud family) and American (World Bank etc.) help these leaders maintain their viscous cycle of corruption … its up to us the public to force our will .. military is as corrupt and impotent as other institutions .. The clown Musharaf is just an extension of Shareefs , Bhutoos … he does not have no balls .. Hijra Musharaf .. is a product of revenge rather then accountability … frustrating and sad .. where we do go from here ??

------------------
          Hey one more thing
          These things are hard to explain
          For some it seems strange... to swallow
          The frontier of our minds
          Is the last place we find
          But maybe the first place we should go

Comment

It seems like the (not-so) Sharif family has outfoxed the army yet again!! It is very possible- Shahbaz does not have much against him in terms of corruption allegations etc. If he does return, he would fill the (alleged) political vacuum. In fact as much as I hate the sharif family, it seems that Shahbaz has got quite a bit more intelligence than his elder brother. He is the brains behind the business wing of the "sharif affairs" whereas Nawaz was incharge of the "Beyimani" side.

It is however extremely sad that the army elite is constantly being outsmarted by a bunch of morons!! First it was the silly cow (Kulsoom) who had them wrapped around her fat little finger and now it is Shahbaz. All the claims of the govt that it has taken property worth "x" million is also challenged in the following article:
            http://www.jang.com.pk/thenews/dec20...main/main7.htm

If we are to believe the above articles, it seems that the sharifs' have held on to their billions, got themselves a nice villa in Saudi, held onto the leadership of PML & are in pole position to take charge of Pakistan again after the gens go (via Shahbaz).

What does this say about the foresight and judgement of the ruling army?

Comment

The credibility of NIU itself is very questionable. Their 'intelligent sources' are lawyers, sitting on sidewalks perhaps, with politically motivated opinions. And most of the statements made in the NIU articles are, not surprisingly enough, opinionated. So why not just stick them in the editorial columns rather than give it a misguiding name of 'intelligence unit'. Its not as if they have detectives working round the clock, hiding behind bushes, fishing out secret info that a normal person cannot cook up.

Everyone agrees that the decision to send Nawaz out was a sad one. He should have been hanged or still be in jail, to say the least. But now hes gone. Regarding the law books that are being cited in different articles, including the link in the previous post, i think lawyers need to do their homework a little more. This was a deal. And a deal is an out of court settlement, which invariably means that no external laws are applied, and the parties agree to self made laws that both sides agree upon. In this case, the Sharif family agreed to leave the country in return for handing over all their property and bank holdings in Pakistan, and agreed not to participate in politics, and agreed not to return to Pakistan. Now whether or not there is any law allowing the govt to take over a citizens property, it doesnt matter. Because the Sharif family, as part of the deal, in essence, handed over control of their property to the government, and that essentially rules out any judicial interference.
              As for any chance for his return, I dont think so. Firstly, anyone who believes the Sharifs will be welcomed in Pakistan, or in the PML are mistaken. The PML hierarchy has been badly burned by the Sharifs via this escapade, and though they dont show it yet, Pakistan will see the effects of it as soon as a new party chief is elected.

And as far as cursing and berating Musharraf goes, well, people have been doing that for over a year now...because they havent been able to find anything wrong with the setup. The overflowing public mandate that the Musharraf govt got speaks volumes. No, you dont always need elections or a referendum to gauge public mandates. Pakistan is a better place today than it was during any of the past 13 'democratic' years.

[This message has been edited by Eastern Analog (edited December 14, 2000).]

Comment

Originally posted by Eastern Analog:
                The credibility of NIU itself is very questionable.
                I do agree with you on the credibility of
                NIU .. they will slap any label on anything for the sake of ‘news’

'As for any chance for his return, I dont think so. Firstly, anyone who believes the Sharifs will be welcomed in Pakistan, or in the PML are mistaken. The PML hierarchy has been badly burned by the Sharifs via this escapade, and though they dont show it yet, Pakistan will see the effects of it as soon as a new party chief is elected.'
                All will be forgoten once the Shareef clan is back in Pakistan … and mark this (save this post you can refer to it in two years or less)… there are no liabilities and integrity in Pakistani politics or institutions . whether its army or political or bureaucratic institutes .. they never suffer or face consequences of their actions and misadventures!

'And as far as cursing and berating Musharraf goes, well, people have been doing that for over a year now...because they havent been able to find anything wrong with the setup.'
                what ??? what set up huh??

'The overflowing public mandate that the Musharraf govt got speaks volumes. No, you dont always need elections or a referendum to gauge public mandates. Pakistan is a better place today than it was during any of the past 13 'democratic' years.

[This message has been edited by Eastern Analog (edited December 14, 2000).]
                '

I dunno how else do you get mandate .. ? Army was riding the so called popular mandate wave for one and only one reason and that was ACCOUNTABLITY … now as they say .. ISS HAMAM MEIN SAAB HE NANAGUY HAIN … Musharaf is come undone .. only thing left is a piece of Kurta Shalwr accompnied by a Wasket for him to join the corrupt political culture .. hold on ..yes he does not need that he is corrupt in Khaki any way … read my posting in Khel and Khalri about the fishy business at PCB run by his handpicked cronies

------------------
                Hey one more thing
                These things are hard to explain
                For some it seems strange... to swallow
                The frontier of our minds
                Is the last place we find
                But maybe the first place we should go

Comment

I have said enough about this accountability and corruption issue in the thread titled 'who is the most corrupt in Pakistan'.
                  The army has stabilized the country, and rather than see that, we continue to shoot from a distance. I think we just like doing it as Pakistanis For some reason, we cannot bring ourselves to acknowledge even the right things happening in Pakistan. Thats because we never bother to look at them.

Comment

Working...
                  X