So much for the transparency!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So much for the transparency!!!

So....our self styled CE couldn't much heat in his pants huh??

The deal was obviously cut under the table. No respect for public wishes. Did CE bother to ask what is the general public opinion while letting this rotten egg Nawaz to go in exile? If that was to be the outcome of this yr long drama, why spent millions of public exchequer to stage the "kangroo court" style cases against nawaz & co?
    musharraf came to power with the so called motto of accountability which now lies in tatters with the drop scene. Does he has any moral reasons left to rule this country?

Now lets not talk about the rubber stamp Tarrar granting the clemency, we all know where he gets his strings pulled from, dont we??

Lancerz....
    The Musharraf govt, if given this choice on the very first day, would have taken it then adn there rather than go through this year long drama. This was initiated by the saudis and the Sharifs. It wasnt anticipated by anyone.

I dont particularly agree with this decision, but I can understand Musharraf and Cos reasons for doing this. A couple of immediate results of this......Pak foreign exchange will increase significantly..hopefully....Sharif clan will be off the charts for an indefinite amount of time.........very likely a new party will emerge to replace the tattered PML and PPP.....and the introduction of new faces will very likely produce some better results.

So yes, Id prefer to have Sharif live out his sentence in a seedy pakistani prison, but whats happened, has happened. We cant reverse it. Lets just take the good things out of it and look towards the future.

No more Sharif badmaash news

Comment

Originally posted by Eastern Analog:
      Lancerz....

So yes, Id prefer to have Sharif live out his sentence in a seedy pakistani prison, but whats happened, has happened. We cant reverse it. Lets just take the good things out of it and look towards the future.

My sentiments exactly.

Comment

well thats what has been going on for 51 yrs. Every time we have a new messiah with bold slogans and claims of straightening things out once for ever but when leaves the scene, there's always even more mess then before and we content ourselves with this same knee jerk self denying hoodwink every time "whats happened, has happened. We cant reverse it"
        we as nation never care to look into and ask why it happened in the first place.

And do you really think sharif is history? I doubt it. He'll be pulling the chords from the cozy comforts of his estates in UK just like BB, instead of serving his time in the dark cells of attock fort.

And as for new faces emerging, one must be living in hole to believe this. Did u check out the news in Dawn about the same old hogs i.e MPs & MNAs now sharping their teeths for upcoming district level elections?? Dude these blood sucking leeches are going to be there one way or other.

Priorities & a sense of direction are what we have been lacking all along. Musharraf had the time, resources & support of masses to put things back in place, but.....now he's loosing 'em all fast.

With NS going in exile, people of Pakistan have been robbed once again of their due right of justice.

Comment

LancerZ said..
          Did CE bother to ask what is the general public opinion while letting this rotten egg Nawaz to go in exile?

you mean the CE should have asked the same population that was responsible forbringing this idiot to power??? Twice i may add..

i don't think so.

Comment

so nomaan u r saying that CE is not there for general public but to save his own rear end then - right???

and why CE is here in the first place if Pakistan is infact a Dumbistan?

Comment

Twice the people of Pakistan voted BB into power!

Twice the people of Pakisyan voted NS in power!

They knew about the corruption of both thieves during their first terms so why even think of giving them the vote the second time around?

The Pakistani people share more blame for leeting these people loot Pakistan than the CE will ever for letting one of them go into perpetual exile!

Comment

Originally posted by Eastern Analog:
                ooh, we cannot say that.....altaf hussain is a living example of such news that is exiled yet printed every day
                ....for the first few weeks we may hear of his health...then his 'biyanat' about how if he was in pak. , the country coulda been much better and all.....dont rely on having him outta the scene for even SOME time....

Comment

Originally posted by lancerz:
                  so nomaan u r saying that CE is not there for general public but to save his own rear end then - right???
                  how did you get that out of my post???
                  no thats not what i'm saying. you said the CE should have asked the general population. what i said was that we can't trust the general population to make a decision that'll be good for the country.
                  Like malik73 said, BB and NS have been in power twice, and that just goes to show how gullible most of the population is.

Comment

well nomaan dear, if u think people of Pakistan are guilty of bringing NS in power, then lets not forget army is even more guilty here of creating such a rotten egg i.e NS

Point is, NS was awarded a punishment thr a superior court and the punishment was rightly justified by every sensible quarter of the society, now who gives this right to CE to play against the wishes of poeple of Pakistan, while he doesn't spare a moment bragging about the so called accountability hoopla.

Comment

apparently the law does. i read somewhere its in the presidents power to pardon, so i guess he did.

Comment

looks like u missed the last couple of lines of my opening post - about that dummy Tarrar!

Comment

manun note wakhao mera mood bane...
                          Saints are fine for Heaven, but they are hell on earth.

Comment

[This message has been edited by TTank (edited December 11, 2000).]

Comment

Originally posted by nomaan:
                              apparently the law does. i read somewhere its in the presidents power to pardon, so i guess he did.
                              Provisional Constitution Order No. 1 of 1999

(1)
                              Notwithstanding the abeyance of the provisions of the Constitution of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, hereinafter referred to as the Constitution, Pakistan shall, subject to this Order and any other Orders made by the Chief Executive, be governed, as nearly as may be, in accordance with the Constitution.

(1)
                              The President shall act on, and in accordance with the advice of the Chief Executive;

The Constitution of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan - in PART III:

The President shall have power to grant pardon, reprieve and respite, and to remit, suspend or commute any sentence passed by any court, tribunal or other authority.

-
                              I got this from http://www.stanford.edu/group/pakist.../constitution/

Comment

Working...
                              X