Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Pak have an option outside PML & PPP

Thatis.. a democratic option.

Now don't make jokes like putting army as third option. Somebody can leave the army and start a party to give a third option, but the army CAN'T be the third option. (it's just common sense, coz I noticed that many....)

Now that many pakistani govts have been there after benazir, what efforts have been really made to bring her to book... ?

what's the insurance that even Nawaz sharief won't come out after a deal with the PPP ?

Or is Pak destined to have only military rule? If so how long before they too become corrupt ?

This is the main tragidy facing by all Pakistanies. Pakistan from very first day needs experienced, educated politicians from noble families. Unfortunately, we ourself kicked all of such politicians out of politics in early years of Pakistan, Saying we dont need Pakistan to be governed by few families.(I mean closest senior colleagues of Jinnah.)

After kicking them out, the tragidy begins, we dont left with any truely experienced and educated politician and now completely dependant upon presnt PML & PPP. (As along with corruption these two parties only have some experienced persons). After these two, other option we have is eigther Jamiat or Imran Khan...both have nill experiance of true politics, and people really in doubt, if they both have capabilties of running/ governing country.

And about third option of military in rule....NEVER. As comanding military and comanding countery are completely different things. and they also have nill experiance of politics.

This nation truely needs experianced and well educated leadres, which unfortunately we dont have/see right now. And I dont think PPP or Benazir are relyable substitution, we have tried her twice.

[This message has been edited by Hamdard (edited November 28, 2000).]

Comment

You question has been answered here before many times.
      For us guppies it is Imran Khan and Tehrik-i-Insaaf.
      With the Jamaat coming in second.
      Those are our democractic options.
      Happy?

------------------
      CROIRE A L'INCROYABLE
      You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Comment

If the PPP, PML & Military are n't good enough.. what are the options.

I dunno about the grassroots reach of the Jamaat. But Imran may not be a good alternative. I've seen sycophancy and it generally works to the detriment of the people. If Imran is so interested in providing a good govt. to the people, he should start with a small area first and prove his mettle. Why not the mayorship of a city or a governorship and show change and improvement. Same goes for the Jamaat as well. What is their experience at governance at a smaller level. all big (and good) things start small!

Any party without any prior experience that rides a sudden surge of popularity to govern the nation fails and it fails utterly. Imran may be good at heart and want to change things. But hey, let's face it. Most of the people around him are there for the spoils. At a point he has to give in. He has to season himself in administration, starting with a smaller area.

All the above things said...

Now with things looking bleak, what are the expectations of the people. Is he worried about his next meal or the state of his family the next year. Are they just fed up with the system and given up. Or want to really change and improve matters.

Whichever party reads it right will come to power.

If the people are just resigned to their fate and don't have any hope that one day Pak will become a great country, then it'll be the regular parties- PPP or PML.

Unless there is a great impetus for change, there won't be any chance at all for Tehrik et al.

The intelligentsia of Pak has a responsibility. They have to help the ordinary man look ahead (even if he can't look where his next meal is coming from). Especially so with the young voters (18 plus) who will be voting for the first time. All you educated and experienced people should help the young to think, instead of rusing in.

For all we know, this may be the last chance for Pak. If it goes bad, it's bad for everybody including its neighbors.

Comment

i really pity the people of pakistan they are between the devil and the deep sea
          they must find a third option or i think the present military is far more safe than ppp and pml

Comment

Pitty your self, who are under a fundo hindu government.

Comment

Originally posted by kabir:
              i really pity the people of pakistan they are between the devil and the deep sea
              they must find a third option or i think the present military is far more safe than ppp and pml
              well thats nice to hear..but Pakistani's could care less what u think.....
              its amazing how much time u have on ur hands...and ur obssession with Pakistan and our government is quite strange. How do u do it though? cuz im just too busy to join an Indian forum and diss the Indian government.

------------------
              "I was just here. Where did I go?" (Fox Mulder)

Comment

The basic idea of having a government is to enable the country to run smoothly. Now I dont know why democracy has to be the primary option. Its certainly not because democracy is a 'successful' option. Its just an option, period. If the same can be accomplished via a military government, then why not? Democracy is not an automatic success. Not in Pakistan, not anywhere else in the world. If the economy is running fine, noone gives a damn as to whether they have democracy or a hitler running the country.

And 99% of the countries in the world have no more than 2 top options as far as politics are concerned. And that limits the choices for everyone. That narrows the horizons for all.

For Pakistan, the current military setup is working fine. Its working better than any previous democratic regime. The people are so much more satisfied, and the only ones that are speaking out are those who are hungry for power, and whose livelihood(via corruption) was cut off, or those foreign countries, for whom, this military setup is a slap in the face and a bad nightmare. Those countries include the US, India and Israel.
                I dont think we need a third option. The current option works just fine for me.

[This message has been edited by Akif (edited December 04, 2000).]

Comment

Military government is always a standby option in Pakistan unless our politicians perform better than we can imagine. LOL

------------------
                  Sarfraz Khan

Comment

imran khan isent getting anywhere near the pm house.he may end up in jail though if some smart income tax officer decides to take him and shaukhat khanum foundation to task,but thats another story.
                    A third option could be Moin Qureshi or Farooq Leghari.Qureshi is competent,well respected but it remains a question mark whether he wants the job.Leghari screwed up by burning his bridges with e.one but he is a legitamate third choice,far ahead of the wannabe's like ijazul haq and the chaudrys.

Comment

Originally posted by gajam:

I dunno about the grassroots reach of the Jamaat. But Imran may not be a good alternative. I've seen sycophancy and it generally works to the detriment of the people. If Imran is so interested in providing a good govt. to the people, he should start with a small area first and prove his mettle. Why not the mayorship of a city or a governorship and show change and improvement. Same goes for the Jamaat as well. What is their experience at governance at a smaller level. all big (and good) things start small!
                      Look at the post Afridi posted some time ago about who should be the next PM.
                      As Xtreme, and everybody else stated, The Jammat is the best grass root political party and with the new system by the CE, it might work out that the Jamaat will control the lower rural areas, with Imran khan taking over the rest of the urban and major city areas.

------------------
                      CROIRE A L'INCROYABLE
                      You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Comment

Working...
                      X