un blames pakistan for afghan problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

un blames pakistan for afghan problems

UNITED NATIONS—United Nations Secretary-General Kofi Annan has blasted Pakistan for militarily helping Taliban and fuelling conflict in Afghanistan.

Condemning the involvement of “external players of various sorts” for fuelling the conflict, Annan singled out Pakistan for sharp criticism in this connection.

“It is deeply distressing that significant non-Afghan personnel, largely from Pakistani madrasas, are not only taking active part in the fighting and most, if not all, are on the side of the Taliban”, but “there also appears to be outside involvement in the planning and logistical support of their military operations”, Annan said in a report released, reports PTI.

But he did see a “glimmer of hope” for the “long suffering” country in the recent agreement between warring parties and said the international support is essential in the “difficult quest for pace.”

The agreement, he noted, committed the United Front and Taliban to the United Nations-sponsored negotiations. But this is “only a first step in what will at best be a long and difficult journey towards peace.”

Annan said if, “as we must hope”, political initiatives succeed in starting substantive negotiations, it will be necessary to sharply increase the diplomatic capacity of the UN special mission to Afghanistan.—NNI

Kofi annan can s*ck it.

Comment

So.. like we care??

------------------
      CROIRE A L'INCROYABLE
      You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Comment

Anybody who thinks UN has any credibility, must be stoned or a fool.

Comment

un is a joke, if it had any influence or power there would be no Kashmir or Palestine problem today.

Comment

Kofi sahib is playing to his masters (the USA) rather than the 186 UN member states or else he would be more balanced in his statements and blame all the powers who allegedly or actually interfere in Afghanistan.

Where do the Northern alliance get their weapons from? - Russaia, India, Iran, Tajikistan etc.

Out of respect for rivkz I have given my answer. But I agree with the rest about the UN!

[This message has been edited by Malik73 (edited December 02, 2000).]

Comment

You think we give a damn about it! They can do what ever they want to do! We do not care!

Comment

I think Islamic world should pull out of the UN and have only one seat in UN for OIC.

Comment

Musalman just relayed my sentiments.
                  I seriously think that Pakistan should pull out of the UN....its a useless body, meant to provide the US with a seperate weapon, in addition to the ones US has on its own. When US runs out of options on its own, it uses the UN to buy more options.
                  And Kofi Annan is perhaps the sorriest secretary general the UN has ever had. I still havent been able to chronicle any achievement on his part. Wearing a suit and flying off to a disaster area doesnt qualify u as a sec. gen. Someone needs to tell him that.

Comment

UN = United Nations of America!!

Comment

Originally posted by purana_zamana:
                      Anybody who thinks UN has any credibility, must be stoned or a fool.
                      i agree

------------------
                      "I was just here. Where did I go?" (Fox Mulder)

Comment

Originally posted by Malik73:
                        Kofi sahib is playing to his masters (the USA) rather than the 186 UN member states or else he would be more balanced in his statements and blame all the powers who allegedly or actually interfere in Afghanistan.

I agree, ....but what about the UN itself???where is teh emergency relief?????shouldnt it be in afghanistan doing something useful?????whats annon doing about that>>???

Comment

The UN is a bloody waste of time.

------------------
                          CROIRE A L'INCROYABLE
                          You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Comment

>>The UN is a bloody waste of time.<<
                            I know. That's why India never talks about UN resolutions on Kashmir

Comment

Originally posted by Andhra:
                              I know. That's why India never talks about UN resolutions on Kashmir
                              But I can bet you, if the tide were to be turned, India would be at UNs doorstep first thing in the morning.

UN has become a useless body. UN resolutions are passed in good faith, and their thoughts do revolved around world peace. But the reason UN is useless is because UN does not have any practical authority over the world. If they cant implement their resolutions, what good are they? Why even pass them and give people false hope to begin with? The answer is that the UN is made to provide the US with a legal cover for all its international crimes.

As for the Kashmir issue, I think the kashmiries realized it a long time ago that the resolution that was passed for Kashmir was mere window dressing. That is why they have been forced to take things into their own hands.

Comment

Working...
                              X