Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like Bangladeshis are angry !

http://www.dawn.com/weekly/ayaz/ayaz.htm

I won't comment on Mr.Awaz, as i then would be banned.
    But for the BD PM i have 2 words.
    Fact off.

------------------
    CROIRE A L'INCROYABLE
    You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Comment

I think they have a right to be angry.

The remarks, though not entirely out of touch with the times, were none the less very insensitive and extremely ill versed.

Bangladesh has a troubled past and a quagmire present. Such modes of "comment" by a muslim state's representative are highly undesireable. Especially Pakistan.

Comment

Yes, the comments were not diplomatic, but the BD govt loves to blow everything out of proportion.
        They have played the wounded animal a bit to long.
        That has me just pissed off.
        You had a very bloody war of independence.
        So did othere countries.
        Facting get over it.
        I don't feel any remorse for the BD govt at this stage.
        Yes, we - west pakistan - was very brutual.
        END OF STROY!
        You don't see american apologising for dropping napalm in Vietnam even now when clinton went they did not apologise.
        Why does the BD govt think we should??

------------------
        CROIRE A L'INCROYABLE

Comment

My salam to everyone,
          i have to admit that the 71 war was brutal, but war is never a bed of roses....they say in love and war everything is fair...i mean they were the ones to trigger the violence..they were missleaded by the indians and they made it an independence war..if the BD calim that more than 3 million ppl were killed in that war...what abt our casualities...more than 90 thousand of our army had to surrender..and not to mention the shuhada.....now that they have got their independence the should forget the past....

Comment

Check this out i got this from the dawn:

Bangladesh's ruling party demands apology from Pakistan in war row: DHAKA, Dec 2: Bangladesh's ruling party has demanded a formal apology from Pakistan for alleged 1971 war crimes a day after Islamabad withdrew a senior diplomat for remarks on the subject, a party official said here Saturday. "The demand was made at the Central Working Committee of the Awami League late Friday with Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina (Wajed) presiding," he told AFP.

Talk about idiots.
            Forget the past work for the future.

------------------
            CROIRE A L'INCROYABLE

Comment

I am with CM here, because

Bengalis, out of embarresment will never accept the fact that the brutality of the pak army resulted becuse of their behaviour too.

They should really forget about the past and look to better future relations with us.

OR

If they think that Pakistan did them wrong and are very angry at Pakistan, then they should sever all diplomatic ties with Pakistan and should call back millions of Bengalis living and working in Pakistan illegally. I guess they like the Pakistani Rupees these Bengalis send home from Pakistan.

[This message has been edited by purana_zamana (edited December 02, 2000).]

Comment

I agree with all the above.

Comment

In View of Hamood-ur-Rehman commissionís report, Pakistani Government definitely owe an apology to Bengali brethren and I do not think that it is shameful when one brother demand an apology from other for committing offensive behavior. This should not made subject of personal prejudices.

Why on this forum people think that it was Bengalis who were responsible for the breakup although the reverse is true. It was West Pakistani military, media and political leaders who were directly involved in genocide of Bengali brethren and THEY ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE BREAK UP OF QUAID's COUNTRY. Some are dead but many are still alive, they should be hanged for their crimes to the country so that no one in future ever think of doing such inhuman acts towards MUSLIM BRETHERN.

Sincerely,

FARID

Comment

Farid, it might just be me, but you seem to have forgotten to mention the word "Punjabi" in your post.
                    IS there something wrong???

------------------
                    CROIRE A L'INCROYABLE

Comment

LOL CM!

Comment

Farid

Even you can't be this naive. Do you think the Pak army just planned a picnic and landed in Bangladesh and started killing and rapeing Bengolis, as a way of having a picnic.
                        Come man no clapping with one hand.

Comment

My understanding is that we from West Pakistan created the problem by not letting Mujib-ur-Rehman become Prime Minister of Pakistan following his victory in the elections. Bhutto's desire to put self interest before Pakistan (repeated by all succesive "leaders") was the crux. Everything snowballed from there and sure the Mukhti Bhaini and Indians stirred things up no end, but it was our initial stupidity. I agree BD should try to forgive and forget but comments like those made by the asst. HC recently are not very helpful.
                          BTW when are we going to bring back the stranded Pakistanis ("Biharis") who have been rotting in camps in BD, since 1971, for simply having stood up for the unity of Pakistan. Succesive govts. have ignored their plight. It is long past time that we discharged our responsibility to them.
                          Salaams.

Comment

if bangaldesh want to rejoin pakistan
                            on the basis of one-man one-vote would
                            pakistan want merge with bangaldesh?

Comment

Rvikz - no.
                              AKA, Mujib-ul-rehman, was causing a lot problems before he was elected.
                              This did not happen in a space of 2 or 3 weeks.
                              This took years.
                              Starting around 1965.

------------------
                              CROIRE A L'INCROYABLE

Comment

Working...
                              X