Where do we stand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where do we stand?

53 years after independence where do we stand on the world map?

Economically : Ours is a bankrupt nation. Even Bangla Desh"s currency is stronger than ours. We are ahead in corruption no one on this earth can beat us

Politically : We are not , We were not a politically stable country. We do not understand meaning of freedom, liberation, Democracy. We blindely follow dictators

Culturely : We are confused to recognize our culture, our roots instead we constantly relate ourself to the intruders. We do not know who were our anasters but we feel proud to relate ourself to Turks, Mogals,Arabs,Greeks Afghans etc. Why such a confusion?

Religiously : Ours is a Islamic Republic but unfortunately we forget the meaning of Islam. We use Islam for our own benifit and do practacilly everythig un islamic

Only we feel proud that we constantly spread
    against India and Hindus

We feel proud of drug dealing, Terriorism etc

Have we ever thaught of world opeinon?
    Have we ever thaught of meaning of freedom?
    Have we ever thaught of meaning of Islam?

There are several questions one must ask themself

First thing before typing on thus forum is paste the post in word and spell check please.

Second your questions and their answers:

Economically : Ours is a bankrupt nation. Even Bangla Desh"s currency is stronger than ours. We are ahead in corruption no one on this earth can beat us.

Incorrect buzdil.
    The Tikka, is weaker to our rupee, 2000 STATS - check CIA site.
    If we were bankrupt how could our economy be growing at 4.5%?
    As for corruption, we are like 25th on the list.
    I don't remember were i read it, but the country that takes the first place is Azerbijan.
    The rest are covered by many african nations, and the CIS countries.
    Are not the best, and the military has set the Customs group straight.

Politically : We are not , We were not a politically stable country. We do not understand meaning of freedom, liberation, Democracy. We blindely follow dictators

Politically stable what do you exactly mean by that??
    Our demcractic leaders have been farces, and plundered the country.
    The military rule has always provided social, economic and cultural stability.
    Freedom is what our Newsgroups have which is to redicule the present govt, with fear of an attack or forced closure.
    Liberation - in what sense??
    Democracy - since when do most third world nations have a TRUE democracy??
    Dictators, are much better than racist nazi type non-secular religious parties - the BJP and RSS.

Culturely : We are confused to recognize our culture, our roots instead we constantly relate ourself to the intruders. We do not know who were our anasters but we feel proud to relate ourself to Turks, Mogals,Arabs,Greeks Afghans etc. Why such a confusion?

Excuse you but who is confused buzdil??
    I am a pakistani muslim first, a decendent of an arab second, lastly a human being.
    Simple.
    My culture is that which is prescribed by the rules and laws of the Quran and by Allah.
    My language is Urdu, the national Pakistani Lanuage - a mixture of Arabic, Persian and Turkish.
    Who here is confused???

Religiously : Ours is a Islamic Republic but unfortunately we forget the meaning of Islam. We use Islam for our own benifit and do practacilly everythig un islamic

Yeah like Prayers is unIslamic, fasting is unislamic, Jihad is unislamic i could go on.
    What i find unfournate is that a pathetic loser like you acts like a pakistani on a pakistani internet site.

Only we feel proud that we constantly spread against India and Hindus

What exactly do we spread???

We feel proud of drug dealing, Terriorism etc

Ah.. You indians are thus proud of your work in Kashmir then??
    You guys are sick.

Have we ever thaught of world opeinon?
    Have we ever thaught of meaning of freedom?
    Have we ever thaught of meaning of Islam?

1. Screw world opinion, we do what we want to do.
    2. Freedom yes we have that.
    Unlike in India where you bomb churches and destroy Masjids.
    3. We know what Islami means, you don't so just shut up.

There are several questions one must ask themself

Yeah, but i have answered your dumb questions.
    So just shut up.

------------------
    CROIRE A L'INCROYABLE
    You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Comment

Excellent answers CM not that this imposter deserved any.

Comment

Khan Bahader/Pi.Gh.:

53 years after independence where do we stand on the world map?
        Where do we stand?

On the top of 6 peaks in Kargil for a start.

Comment

I know, but i just like smashing these idiots to the ground.
          It is alot of fun, esp. in the mood i am in today.
          We were supposed to have a college party, which i am helping set up, now we have a couple of problems, so i am out for blood.
          Hey, i got the chat thing working at home, so i can meet you on the chat thing.
          When are you free tomorrow??

------------------
          CROIRE A L'INCROYABLE

Comment

Yep CM mail e-mail me the time and I'll be ready.

Sorry Extreme

Comment

whats with the sorry extreme part?/

------------------
              CROIRE A L'INCROYABLE

Comment

Remember he doesn't like us carrying out our personal correspondences across the threads - we're smurfs remember?

Comment

This is a profile of a country:

Economics:

Has been in a negative balance of Payments for the better part of 40 years and relies on constant re-negotiations of loans.

Political:

Considered to be the most volatile and unstable political atmosphere in the whole region.

Culture:

Having had serious tribulations regarding the country's true identity and its subsequent local governance based on divisions of language and culture.

Religon:

Considered to be the least comfortable with its form of prevalent religion and for most part considered to be too "liberal" with faith.

Geographical Politics:

Has maintained a huge fued with its considerably smaller neighbour and has found it hard to allow its existance to be considered a "seperate" political entity.

Widely recognised to be the most corrupt country in its region.

Border:

Has declared border disputes with as many as three of its neighbours and many attempts to diplomatically solve them from 1945 to 1968 failed miserably.

Terrorism:

The only declared supporter of the most deadliest and uncompromising terrorist organisation on its continent.
                  Till the 1970s was a vocal proponant in the seperatist movment in question.

Given such a short summary of the nation in question you would think that this nation would be the "despot" of its region

However, it is not.

Actually it is an integral part of what might soon become the political and military rival to the United States in the next 25 years.

For those still guessing, the nation in question is Belgium.

So, Khana, brilliant summary, you wanted to get a REACTION, and you got one.
                  However, as I hope I have illustrated, such summaries can be made very easily and can mean absolutely nothing.

Lets spend our time in pursuit of more "MEANINGFUL" discussions.

Khana, muskharai makawa.
                  sta qaum num se de ?

Comment

Khan ....which tribe are you ?

Comment

Question Remains Unanswered

1) Is Pakistan and or Pakistani respected on the GLOBE?

2) Is Pakistani enjoying fruts of freedom and or independence?

3) Can you find a single person who are rulling now fought for indepence?

Comment

Originally posted by Khan Bahader:
                        Question Remains Unanswered

1) Is Pakistan and or Pakistani respected on the GLOBE?

Yes, i asked a lot of people and the answer was yes.

2) Is Pakistani enjoying fruts of freedom and or independence?

I tried to find out, if anybody enjoyed the fruts of freedom, but I could not find anyone who knew what fruts is, so could not comment on that. Although some people admitted to enjoying mangoes, if that helps?

3) Can you find a single person who are rulling now fought for indepence?

Here, I ran into the same problem, with the word rulling, but the guy who is trying to find out the meaning of fruts is also working on rulling, so hang tight.

Comment

PZ!!

As for you Buzdil, i think i am right.
                          Stupidty does rein supreme every time you type.

------------------
                          CROIRE A L'INCROYABLE

Comment

PZ, that was brilliant mate, been laughing my head off

buzdil is getting a real "Pakistani" style thrashing that the illiterate loser shorly needs.

Good job CM bhai

[This message has been edited by PJ (edited December 01, 2000).]

Comment

Thanks for stipulating you are not a pukhtoon.

So, you think questions remained unanswered.

I am sorry I have ran out of neon signs to put around my replies.

Lets take the situation. If the Muslims of Pakistan were not independant, they would be part of India.

Ok then lets compare the plight of the Muslims in Pakistan with the plight of the Muslims in India. That would give you an answer wuith respect to whether or not those who chose to be independant were better off than those who did not.

***(neon sign innitialised)***
                              Well, lets see what happened to Muslim areas in India ?

Hyderabad, afluent Muslim population. High standard of living and high standard of Education.
                              Usmania University of Hyderabad was the only university in the whole of the Sub continent that provided courses in Three different languages. Urdu, English and Sanskrit.
                              It was reputed by the English to be the Oxbridge of India (Read Curzon's biography).
                              His words, "The Mohammadens managed to create a centre for their culture. Verily, the jewel of the Indian crown".
                              I guess Curzon must be partial.

Aligarh, a name that stood amongst the most respected institutions pre-partition.
                              Lucknow, the centre of education and literature for so long. I mean, when India baecame independant, Lucknow was already leaps ahead of other cities in terms of development of education. Surely, after Partition it must have progressed to eclipse all.....or did it ?
                              I am always reminded of the times that people tell me well, look at that person or look at the other one......fine.
                              Its like saying that because Shwarzf and Goldstien were Jewish Bankers in Germany through out the WW2, so jews were under no threat.

Indians like to talk about communities when it comes to Hindus but about individuals when it comes to Muslims.

I am not allowed to talk about the muslim community's affluence, but I am supposed to talk about afluent INDIVIDUALS.....
                              Kind of like the argument the Argument used by the congressional committee in America when it was on its WITCH hunt revival of commies in the late 80s.......

"Russians...we don't hate Russians. Ivan Boesky's family is Russian"....

Hindi, is spoken by a small minority of India. Sanskrit, well, lets not even try to give a figure for that one.
                              Regional and minority languages have flourished alongside English, almost cutting out Hindi from the main stream in many regions.
                              I mean a person could even be the prime minister of the country and not know Hindi.(Remember the problem before the last elections).

Lets see how Urdu has faired ?
                              How many centres of excellence of urdu are there in India ?
                              I mean with the UP having been the beating heart of Urdu literature for almost 300 years. The Dehli-Lucknow rivalry was legendary. " Talooh-e-Shamsee lucknawee...dehleez-e-shub roh-e-shahee(Dehli)"
                              I wonder what happened there ?

I guess Urdu was not really in need of culturing in India, was it.

Is there a single region in India that has a muslim identity.
                              Please do include regions where the identity is not challenged by the onslaught of soldiers ?

A rosy picture is it not ?

Pakistan.

Pakistan had no source of direct electricty when created. I guess Tarbella, Warsak and Mangla are non-existant even now.

Lets look at Pakistan ....How many Universities did they have before Partition.
                              Punjab, Karachi and Dacca.
                              Peshawar alone has three now.
                              The number of people having been educated in Pakistan as a proportion of population was only 4% in 1951 (UN Figures). (These figures include those who only know how to read and write their name and do not require thumb prints for signatures).
                              The proportion of population that is "graduating" a few years back was 14% (UN Figures, 1994).

Lets see regarding Banking .....

Pakistan (that is West and East) at its inception had one bank nranch that was in operation. Even that as a collection branch only in Karachi.
                              pakistan's banking sector was only able to underwrite 2% of its Expenditure in 1954.
                              Today the figure presented by teh paris Club in July 2000, was 68%.

Pakistan's military contingent had no operational means of defence in 1949 (remarks of Gen. Grace).
                              Lets see what is teh state of affairs now ?

Nehru said that Pakistan was doomed to be reinstated as an Indian state before the DECADE WAS UP. (Memoirs of MOuntbatten).
                              Have we reached the end of the 1940s yet ?

Pakistan is not problem free, but I can safely say that in terms of where it started and where it is today....Pakistani Muslims have progressed far more than the the Muslim community in India.

***(Neon signs terminated)***

I guess now I can come back to asking another question....

why the name Khan Bahadur ??????

You are not pukhtoon that is evident. Why then ?

Comment

Working...
                              X