Pak hypocrisy: No more muslim refugees from Afghanistan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pak hypocrisy: No more muslim refugees from Afghanistan

For that matter any refugees at all. The so called muslim ummah has decided that they no longer want to support penniless pashtuns coming in from Afghanistan.

Why this sudden change ? Aren't they any longer muslims ? Aren't they any longer the great upholder's of the muslim faith. Such a pity the muslim ummah will turn its back on its own.. that too without any rhyme or reason. Afterall, the pakistani economy did not become bad the day before to suddenly close the doors.
    http://www.dawn.com/2000/11/10/top5.htm

Just goes to prove that there can never be a successful muslim state and jinnah was wrong !

Pl. stick to the point in this discussion and don't edit this post !

[This message has been edited by sabah (edited November 13, 2000).]

gajam, firstly, don't try to "prove" anybodys statements wrong..especially the good ones about Islamic state (you and your absurd thoughts).
    Secondly, Pakistan already supports millions of Afghan refugees and I must say quite a few of them lead lavish lives. If these people aren't going to help their own countrymen, who will? Pakistani gov.? Pakistan has already gone over its limits to support Afghan refugees and the further entry of them would simply create more problems for Pakistan.
    I'm sorry to say that a number Afghan refugees have really really messed up Pakistan in quite a few ways for many many years. And since I live here, in NWFP, so I know more than you do.
    Let us see India support such refugees from its neighbouring countries. Duh.

------------------
    Who says nothing is impossible? I've been doing nothing all my life!

Comment

I feel pity for the Indians, instead of feeding they own 500 million hungry and naked, they rather waste time with peeking at what is happening at the neighbors, why donít Indians solve their own problems. You are not Muslims and have no idea what is Islamic solidarity. One thing is sure Indians are jealous of Muslim Ummah taking a united stand and trying to solve some of its problems. Donít you worry about the Islamic Ummah., you do not belong to it, so why worry, take care of your own business and put your own dirty house in order before criticizing others.
      Pakistan is concern that the opposition Northern Alliance could send its supporters (RAW agents) among the new Afghan refugees to carry out acts of sabotage or indulge in crime, which by the way is actually the main factor which prompted the ban.

Comment

Musalman, thanks for the great info (now why didn't I think of that factor).

------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Hum Sa Ho To Samne Aaye:
          gajam, firstly, don't try to "prove" anybodys statements wrong..especially the good ones about Islamic state (you and your absurd thoughts).
          Secondly, Pakistan already supports millions of Afghan refugees and I must say quite a few of them lead lavish lives. If these people aren't going to help their own countrymen, who will? Pakistani gov.? Pakistan has already gone over its limits to support Afghan refugees and the further entry of them would simply create more problems for Pakistan.
          I'm sorry to say that a number Afghan refugees have really really messed up Pakistan in quite a few ways for many many years. And since I live here, in NWFP, so I know more than you do.
          Let us see India support such refugees from its neighbouring countries. Duh.

I agree with you 100%!! thats exactly what i've been trying to say but everytime i do, im labeled as someone who has no sympathy for her fellow Muslims!! But we have to face reality...like Hum sa said, Pakistan is already supporting millions of Afghans...i cant tell you how many Afghani boys ive seen in Karachi's friday/sunday bazaars....( and that was more than 5 yrs ago!!) There's so many of them that little Afghani kids are forced to earn a living....what does that tell you? Do we just keep packing 'em in??

Comment

Yeah hk. And it's not like the other Muslim countries are giving Pakistan funds to support the Afghan refugees.
            I think Pakistan has shown more compassion than other countries.

------------------

Comment

pakistan did what was in itz powerz and control..afhgani ppl don't even like pakistan and still pakistan is helping them in these tough timez..i'm happy that pakistan isn't allowing more refugeez to enter..they have done a gr8 harm to pakistan and itz reputation..they carry pakistani passportz and smuggle drupz..many are involved in illegal activitiez in pakistan and are infact destroying pakistan...the country thatz sheilding them from enemiez!...i'm happy that pakistan is taking these stepz to ensure itz our security and prosperitry....

dJ_ArSH
              pakbeat.com

------------------
              ik nazer ke liey umer bher..umer bher ke liey ik nazer..

Comment

once again.. Hum sa and munna are both right. I dont know many Afghanis who show any affection whatsoever toward Pakistan, despite the fact that we've been more than compassionate to them.

[This message has been edited by hk (edited November 11, 2000).]

Comment

I've a headache right now so I'll be brief.
                  First of all gajam, could you try being a bit polite with us? Thanks.
                  I never claimed all the Afghans to be perfect, pious Muslims. I doubt there are many of that sort left. Anyway, most the Afghan refugees that have come here have certainly not practised their faith well. As for the Talibans (who I believe "are" good Muslims), they aren't the ones who are migrating here.
                  And as for OIC not helping us with regard to this refugee matter, does that mean we are to cut ties with all the Muslim countries? *smiles* Do you really consider Pak that dumb? Uhhhh....
                  As for Kashmir..do you really think Pakistan is gonna leave that issue aside just because of the Afghan refugee matter? Don't compare Kashmiris and Afghans. What makes you think Kashmiris will have to migrate to Pakistan? They have their own piece of land which would help them survive perfectly if only the Indian army would get off their case. What makes you think a Muslim majority area like Kashmir would want to ally with India? Like duh!

------------------

Comment

the borders are sealed to control smuggling more than anything else. dont forget Pakistan is in the process of documenting its economy. Afghan Mujahideen are still more than welcome to join others in their on going jehad against hindu forces in Kashmir. So if Pakistan can acheive the results without having importing a lot of smuggled goods into the border then this step is a definite plus.

as for your concerns on Pakistan not helping Afghans well we dont really need the "open border" policy with Afghans to help them.... Taliban is afterall Pakistani army's brain child and an army cheif would be the last person to abandon them.

Comment

Originally posted by gajam:
                      [B]So you don't like afghanis, even though they are suppposed to be the most pious of mulsims (according to you guys, not me !)

B]
                      umm...i dont know about pious Muslims......in Afghanistan, the women are all modest..have u ever seen Afghani women in the west?? Most of them dress more liberally than the western women themselves...heck, i know this Afghani family of 6 kids..all of them changed thier names so they sound more western

Comment

This gajar has opened a thread in World Affairs to ask me and CM to reply this topic. So here goes Gajar!

Gajar says :-

" For that matter any refugees at all. The so called muslim ummah has decided that they no longer want to support penniless pashtuns coming in from Afghanistan. "

Gajar there are some 2 million Afghnas in Pakistan today - if you go to cities like Karcachi, Peshawar, Quetta and Islambad you will see Afghans in great numbers and actively part of the economic and social life of these places. So where do you get he idea that we are turing our back on the Afghans?

The closing of the border I guess? - di you know?

- That the PAK-Afghan border is closed a few times every year for the purposes of law and order etc?

- Did you know that after each closing the border reopens and life returns to normal?

- Did you know that the government of Afghanistan has NEVER complained of these short-term border closures?

So where do get your pathetic conclusions from huh - don't jump on your high horse every time you see such stories.

And remember the border may be closed periodically but the free flow of Afghan volunteers continues to Indian-occuoied Kashmir - and that has continued unabated since 1947!

Comment

But you are supposed to expect all sorts of characters to be there in the muslim ummah... good, bad and ugly. Just as it is elsewhere. But ummah is ummah and should you guys not support them.

The other countries in OIC may not be so benevolent. But the great country of Pakistan, founded on the princeepil of muslim ummah.... shutting its doors on the same muslims who have been stoopid enough to believe Pakistanis... ain't it against the grain and fibre of your jinnah's policies and principles

Whatever explanations and justifications you guys extoll, the simple fact is that pak

-on one hand of talks of unifying all musselmanns into one ummah

-shuts its doors on poor mulims (millionaires like osama are welcome, of course)

Once you guys suck the blood out of sindhis & balochis you will throw them out too. Out of the shining tower that is pakistan.

You guys started with the bengalis. Now it's the pashtuns. Next the sindhis and balochis will learn about the greatness .... who with their great knowledge are screwing it up for everyone
                          [This message has been edited by gajam (edited November 12, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by sabah (edited November 13, 2000).]

Comment

I'll let others (like CM) have a go at this bad mouthed bigot before I come back to his riduclous assertions - if I took you on one to one buddy I would whip you senseless from Kashmir to Kerala! - that wouldn't be a fair fight would it?

P.S. CM in France! - shows how much you know!

Comment

madam hk and all yous against afghan community, I think you need to look at your community first then saying something about patan or afghans. Do you really beleive afghans destroyed pakistan, thats rubbish...its all your big fish politicians who does not give a damn about their own country, take you nawaaz saab for instance.

Again if afghans are in your country, is your fathers feeding them, I mean we all migrate, like there are pakistanis all over the world.

i know this Afghani family of 6 kids

madam ji you know one afghan family, although you might have mistaken them for a Tajik family, at least I can say I know more than one pakistani family that change everything.

I am not saying pakistan is not a bad country, to me my whole life was there, I love the place more than any other. But comments like these ruins everything.

p.s:Who does NWFP originally belongs to.

[This message has been edited by kingshah (edited November 12, 2000).]

Comment

Working...
                              X