Privatisation of national asserts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Privatisation of national asserts

Is privatisation of our national asserts and backbones like Telecommunication-network(PTCL), Electricity(WAPDA),Airline, Banks etc to foreign-hands a right thinking?

It is a very good idea, as all of these org. are losing money.
    With FDI into the org, and new management, you have a move towards more efficiency and stuff.
    I agree with it 100%.

------------------
    CROIRE A L'INCROYABLE
    You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Comment

Its a good idea if sold to Pakistanies, not in foriegn hands. Telecomunications and energy are the key for survival of any nation now a days. Our whole deffence rely on communications. If communication is cutoff for a while, it means no comunication between cities, millitary and Govt. Can we afford this? Same is the case with Power-energy. Thus I belive such departments should always kept in reliable and secure hands. And there will be no granty in case of foriegn companies. For an instant take example of Hub-power-company and foriegn cellular companies. we should learn something from these.

Comment

Hey we already use foriegn energy for our own basic consumption - ie hubco and the 13 PPI.
        With selling them off to foriegn hands we get a great deal of foriegn investment and these people put up the cash to upgrade and better the existing product.
        However if we sold it to pakistani's we would have a couple more elite people in power like NS and the power would remain in the hands fo say 50 families.
        With the 49% ownership of the foriegn companies and the rest govt we get foriegn expertise as these foriegners want to make money.
        Thus we benefit.
        And PIA needs to be semi-Privatised for it to make a profit and come up from its sub-human levels of flights.
        Telecom is doing well and all it needs is some boost in investment and technology for it to do well.
        Privatization is always good.
        But there should be 51% govt control.

------------------
        CROIRE A L'INCROYABLE

Comment

Yes, I agree with you there should atleast 51% in our hand. My basic point is we should have upperhand in any case. But I still not fully convinced to sell our key assets to foriegners. Yes, for a time being its true that we could gain huge foriegn exchange through this act but, we should not forget that in future they will take away 49% of profit to their homeland in shape of forien exchange (not in Pak-rupee) each year. Could we afford that?

Secondly, how HUBco benifits us? Wapda is bound to buy all electricity from them, no matter we need it from them or not, plus Wapda is also bound to buy it all at 5times more price. Remember! no foriegn country will have any special association with Pakistan, if they are here, they are only here for business. In my view 50 Pakistani families are much much better than foriegners. I failed to understand why we always galous from rich families. Is it not 'Hasad'? Yes the only thing we have to check is the curruption element in some of them. but personaly I'm never ever convinced that all rich families are earning 'Haram'. Saying this is certainly our 'Hasad' to rich.

Comment

Sorry for the late reply i have been busy.
            As for Hubco, it is a waste of time.
            Those *******s should be hanged - those who set up the deal.
            Not all they get is haram, but a lot of it is.
            The land lords are the number one culprits, not of haram, but of human rights violations.
            They take all the money and give very little to thier own workers.
            That is not fair.
            Yes it should be kept in pakistani rupees ideally, but that is not economically possible.
            Becuase the rupee devalues reguarlly so that we lose a great deal of value to every currency every time it devalues.
            So it is not economically possible.
            I say keep it in foriegn currencies and then later exchange at the market price, when you need to use it in rupees.
            And yes we can afford that much, as they will be investing a great deal also.
            But if they have 49% ownership that does not mean they get 49% of the profit.

------------------
            CROIRE A L'INCROYABLE

Comment

Working...
            X