Nuclear testing by Pakistan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nuclear testing by Pakistan

I have noticed the brief space given to us to write articles at this forum.
    While we can endlessly blame India for our own misfortunes and troubles, warn our awaam of an Indian propangada tirade, we need a close look at our diplomatic policy FIRST.

Lets start with the nuclear tests - India tested them first. This was the perfect opportunity isolate our vicious and heavily armed neighbour. Had we not tested our nuclear arsenal so soon and told the world about India's hygemonious designs and Pakistan's genuine desire for a green and peaceful South-Asia, the world would have patted us on our back. Instead, we did exactly what India did, and that too within a few DAYS. We didnt even have the time to think about the after-effects of the nuclear testing, India thought about their policy for YEARS wheras we reached our conclusion in DAYS. It resulted in sanctions being imposed on both nations which hit us far more than they affected India.

The nuclear testing saga put both India and Pakistan is a bad light. But India suffered the least and we still continue to suffer from the sanctions imposed since we are the ones in urgent dire for any penny from abroad and not our neighbour whoose economy is booming at a swift rate.

Ok so we have done it.
    So what??
    I say we sign the CTBT.
    No don't jump on me now.
    Have any of you read the actual document??
    I have, and we can sign it easily with out a deterent to our nuclear program.
    The CTBT only states we can't test anymore.
    WELL we have already said we won't test, to asure the west.
    So sign the bloody thing.
    We will be allowed to continue our program.
    The problem in pakistan is that nobody knows what the CTBT stands for.
    WE CAN SIGN AND STILL INCREASE OUR NUCLEAR CAPACITY, WE JUST DON'T TEST AGAIN!!!!!
    There it is in black in white.

Now the US wants India to sign first leaving us in a lurch, as then we will be forced to sign it.
    As we have stated if India signs we sign.

What we can do is bribe our way to signing the document.
    Tell the US and WEST that we want special considerations like taking away 20 billion Dollars of our debt and we will sign.
    Or something like that.
    INEXCHANGE FOR OUR SIGNATURE WE GET SOMETHING IN RETURN.

This leaves India in a lurch as we got something for our signature, but they won't get anything.
    We are the rogue element and thus we need to be contained.
    I say lets be contained and Content as well, with 80% of our debt gone!!!!

------------------
    CROIRE A L'INCROYABLE

[This message has been edited by CM (edited November 07, 2000).]
    You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Comment

This logic that by not testing we would have earned pats on the back from the rest of the world is seriously flawed. After all, India initiated the process and is now best buddies with USA, and is being courted by other countries eager to have business relations.

So it wouldn't have made any difference whatsoever.

Comment

Working...
      X