need for a partition memorial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need for a partition memorial

well it is nearly 53 years since pakistan was created and very few people of our generation actually know pakistan was crea ted at what price .i have come to know about the horors of 1947 thru the various books i have read on the subject. i think every muslim must know that pakistan was created by the sacrifices of millions of muslims who were massacared at that period. many who left for the promised land from delhi, ludhiana,up, and bihar never made it to pakistan many of them were slaughtered by sikhs on the way many women were abducted and were forced into prostitution for rest of thier lives.
    the people who have actually been thru all this are now over 70 years and after few years there will be hardly any one from that generation left to tell the truth to the future generation. and it is very important for any community to know thier past.
    look at the jews who have so many holocast memorials to remind thier younger youngeration of the pains that thier ancesters had to go thru for them and thats what makes us really proud of our freedom and we value our freedom.
    so i think there must be a partition memorial so remind our future generation of the holocast which our ancesters had to go thru for our future.
    do you all agree?

Absolutely right Kabir... it woould be fitting tribute to the 7 million Muslims who were expelled from India to Pakistan, and who played such a massive part in the buliding of our nation.

It would also be a memorial to the 1 million Muslims who lost their lives at the time of partition.

Comment

Why there is a living memorial to the partition and the two nation theory that created it.
      It is called Bangladesh

Comment

*-Nishaan Yahee hain Zinda Qaumon Kay
        Keh Subh-o-Shaam badaltey hein unkey taqdeerain.
        **-Zindagaani Key Haqeeqat Kohkan Kay Dil Say Pooch
        Jooay sheer-o-teesha-o-sange-giraan hey zindagi
        ***- Pakistani nation is not a nation actually. If pakistan was came into being for the muslims of India why there are more than 1500000/Muslims. Our brothers in Bangla Desh are known as beharis why they are not taken back.Who is responsible for all this mess. You or me . I think me because I had never observe 16December as black day.
        Our politician observe 5July, 12 October
        as black day but someone had ever observe 16 october as black day.
        Why where all we go when indian dogs were ****ing our sisters and sodomying our brothers where were we?
        Why we are senseless. We love madonna and Pamela madhuri and other vagabounds.
        Where we are going.

Comment

Memorial is very good idea.

Originally posted by Andhra:
          Why there is a living memorial to the partition and the two nation theory that created it.
          It is called Bangladesh
          Bangladesh is not a memorial for two nation theory but memorial of Indian conspiracy to divide Pakistan. I think may be india is interested in building memorial.

Comment

Once again we have people messing up the facts.
            Pak has more than 150 million.
            India has 145 million.
            BD has 135 million.
            So the two nation theory worked and still does work.
            And Ahmedjan as completely lost it.
            I have no idea what you wrote!!
            And right on insaniaat.

------------------
            CROIRE A L'INCROYABLE
            You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Comment

>>Pak has more than 150 million. - Nation #1
              India has 145 million. -Nation #2
              BD has 135 million. - Nation #3 <<

>>So the two nation theory worked and still does work. <<

CM my friend we seem to have different kind of schooling in Math.

Still if you say 2 is 3 I agree with you

Comment

Reminds what my teacher told about his visit to Germany in 85. He was talking to someone and said that there should be a memorial for terrors of WWII and Hitler's follies. He pointed figure towrds ther Berlin Wall and said, 'there is one.'

Comment

>>Reminds what my teacher told about his visit to Germany in 85. He was talking to someone and said that there should be a memorial for terrors of WWII and Hitler's follies. He pointed figure towrds ther Berlin Wall and said, 'there is one.'<<

What did you mean by that ? I find it sort of funny though.

Comment

brother ahmedjan i agree with you ,you are right that its really a crime that bihari muslims are languishing in dhaka .and my point is that if our future generation do not know the price of freedom they will not value it.

[This message has been edited by kabir (edited October 23, 2000).]

Comment

A very good idea kabir.
                      Someone should e-mail this to the CE.

[This message has been edited by Ahmed (edited October 23, 2000).]

Comment

Andhra, what i am using for BD are 1999 figures.
                        I personally believe that indians population of muslims is some where near 140 million in 2000.
                        BD is catching up while pakistan has passed by.
                        Until 1971 we were the largest.
                        Than India 3rd.
                        In 2 years time india will be 7th in terms of muslims by predictions of populationists.

------------------
                        CROIRE A L'INCROYABLE
                        You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Comment

Andhra the simple facts that prove the survival of the two-nation theory are -

1) 65% of Muslims from former British India now live outside the Union of India - in Pakistan and Bangladesh

2) Even though Bangladesh broke away in 1971 - it did NOT rejoin India!

3) Muslim Kashmir is trying to break away from Hindu India!

Comment

plz send emails to various newspapers on the above subject and also sent it to ce and the authoritites

Comment

Kabir and others

If you guys send mails to newspapers etc, plz post a copy on this forum as well, this is no check. Itís just to get an idea and it might encourage others to type few lines as well. Please

Comment

Working...
                              X