Pakistan is America's worst nightmare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pakistan is America's worst nightmare

Pakistan may be competing for the title of America's worst nightmare, according to 60 Minutes.

The elected prime minister is in jail. The generals who seized power are beholden to Islamic radicals, and militant fundamentalists could end up controlling nuclear weapons.
    http://cbsnews.cbs.com/now/story/0,1...5-412,00.shtml

"We were hurt when we heard this term, the Islamic bomb. If we religious leaders have nuclear bombs in our hands, it would promote peace and security in the region."
    Pakistani religious leader Samuil Haq

most recent State Department report on terrorism concludes that "Pakistan's government has supported groups that engage in violence in Kashmir and it has provided indirect support for terrorists in Afghanistan." Also, "the government has tolerated terrorists living and moving freely within its territory," it states

John Pike of the Federation of American Scientists says Pakistan's nuclear program is further along than Washington has publicly acknowledged.

He estimates in an interview to air Sunday, Oct. 15, with 60 Minutes Correspondent Steve Kroft that Pakistan has 25 to 35 nuclear bombs - enough for a major nuclear war.

WOW! Can't wait till those bombs end up in Taleban hands!

------------------
    We are the Taleban! Resistance is Futile!

Comment

Pakistan is America's Worst nightmare, because Pakistan is the only Islamic country left with the ISLAMIC GHAIRUT in their people. I think most of the rest of the MUSLIM world is EITHER DEAD or the term "Enjoy" explain something?

Pakistan CAN and WILL compete with the US and all other Major Non-Muslim powers and will make every Effort to RE-UNITE the Muslim Ummat. It is my belief that when ALLAH ALMIGHTY has chosen Islam for mankind, acting and implementing it in the society will lead to a more properous world.

Yes, Pakistan by raising more, literate Muslim heads will run in the competition. Pakistan is not Pakistan. Pakistan is actually, Islamic Republic of Pakistan. Which means, we are Islam, without Islam we dont exist. With Islam we are the best and that's it! Islam is the real nightmare for the west. So, Pakistan indeed is going to be the worst pain they get in their head.

We are comming US and Isreal. Get ready for us (Muslim Ummat) you murderer or Muslims!!!!! We are comming..

Comment

Allah-hu Akbar.

Pakistan is a miracle on Muslim Ummah and Allah will never let any power harm Pakistan. Inshallah Islam will be vitorious.

I call it: IAB-Islamic Atom Bomb

And the united Muslim countries should name them selves: IMF-Islamic Military Federation.

------------------
        *V~V~V*He came, He saw, He conquered*V~V~V*

Comment

IAB? gimme a break. if a transfer of technology takes place, you can be sure pakistan will end up like iraq or libya, because of all the sanctions. and don't tell me, pakistan is rich and fertile and we can deal with sanctions, because we can't.

just because pakistan has the technology, it doesn't mean it should give it to anyone, wheather its a muslim state or not.

Pakistan can barely compete with india (maybe not), muchless US. We don't have to be in denial. I remember in the early 90's, before, desert storm, IRAQ was pretty big on words, how they'll teach U.S a lesson if they decided to attack. Saddam called it 'mother of all battles.' We all saw what happened. Not much of a battle.

So, i'm sure it all sounds nice, muslim states uniting under the banner of islam, but its a fantasy (for the near future) Pakistani's can't can't unite among themselves.

I'm not pro-U.S, but we have to look at the reality. Pakistan should think about india and Kashmir before looking at Israel. We need to solve our problems first.

Comment

Mohabbat you never miss a chance to trash Pakistan do you? Hell it seems you are more scared and obsessed of Pakistan than the US!

Comment

any transfer of nuke tech. to middle east
              will be disaster for pakistan. american will not allow that to happen.

Comment

rivkik it hasn't managed to stop Chinas supposedly selling nuclear technology to Iran? It couldn't stop France selling it to Iran... in fact it couldn't even stop countries like China and France among others from selling it to Pakistan. And then it failed to stop India and Pakistan from their nuclear tests. So your hopes are sadly misplaced considering US failures in this regard.

Comment

Originally posted by Malik73:
                  Mohabbat you never miss a chance to trash Pakistan do you? Hell it seems you are more scared and obsessed of Pakistan than the US!
                  Hey, i thought we all knew that's what Indians do!! right?? Paying any attention to it is a waste of our time

Comment

Yeh my advice to my fellow Pakistani's is ignore these people as best as possible and get down to discussing the real issues that concern our country. All Pakistani's on Gupshup bring their own talents here and if we pool our talents and ideas together we can aim to do better fro our country i.e. by engaing with our governmemnt, our embassies, our media etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Malik73:
                      rivkik it hasn't managed to stop Chinas supposedly selling nuclear technology to Iran? It couldn't stop France selling it to Iran... in fact it couldn't even stop countries like China and France among others from selling it to Pakistan. And then it failed to stop India and Pakistan from their nuclear tests. So your hopes are sadly misplaced considering US failures in this regard.

don't tell me you're not comparing Pakistan to China, France. They have stable governements to begin with. Those countries are world leaders, and have enough clout that they can pretty much do what they want. Pakistan on the other hand, doesn't have enough sway internationally. The type of political instability thats rampant in Pakistan, can only cause concern. WHat will happen if the mullas come into power? They chain children in madrasas, this isn't that common, but if they do come in power, we'll have madrasas like that all over pakistan.
                      Mullas with Nukes. Thats a very scary thought.

So your assumption that just because China and France can sell nuclear technology, Pakistan can as well..is not logical.

Comment

Nomaan how logical of you to surmise that so-called stable democratic countries like France and China can sell nuclear technology to so-called undemocratic unstable states like Iran and Iraq but undemocratic and unstable countries can not?

Surely selling nuclear technology to undemocratic and unstable countries is wrong in the first place regardless of the political set-up of the seller?

Comment

only usa has the ability to knock out pakistans nukes unless pakistan moved it
                          mountains of afghnaistan

[This message has been edited by rvikz (edited October 14, 2000).]

Comment

God rivkik you are a dreamer! The USA couldn't even predict that Pakistan was going to explode a nuclear device, so how do expect it to take even more bold steps like you boast about?

Oh and how about answering the qusetion I put to you in the last post about your strange logic in selling nuclear technology?

Comment

How come US gave and is still giving its nuclear capablity to Israel?

Nomaan you are 100% right, but since everyone was argueing on that, I thought why not look at it with optimistic view.

Maybe in next 50-100 years Pakistan will be able to take care of its Muslim brothren countries agaisnt the aggression of Israel or any other non-Muslims.

------------------
                              *V~V~V*He came, He saw, He conquered*V~V~V*

[This message has been edited by The Watcher (edited October 14, 2000).]

Comment

Working...
                              X