Pakistan may have to be declared terrorist state: Clinton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pakistan may have to be declared terrorist state: Clinton

US President Bill Clinton has said that Pakistan may have to be declared a terrorist state. The might be done if Islamabad's support to terrorism does not end. According to a press release from the Indo-American Political Foundation, President Clinton made the statement in reply to a question. The President of the foundation asked him whether the US could consider labelling Pakistan a terrorist state. In reply, Mr. Clinton said, "We don't know if that is effective, but at some point we may have to do that."

--------------------------

Sabah, I hope you don't interpret this as an insult to Pakistan and remove the post.

Look like anybody cares what Clinton has to say.
    Pay attention to what Bush or Gore will say.
    Second Does the US really want Pakistan a Nuclear state to go rogue with the likes of the Taliban???
    HELL NO!!!!
    They are bluffing.
    They will never do it.

Second, don't be stupid.
    Saba will never do anything like that.
    Get a brain and then post stuff here.

------------------
    CROIRE A L'INCROYABLE
    You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Comment

Originally posted by CM:
      Look like anybody cares what Clinton has to say.
      Pay attention to what Bush or Gore will say.
      Second Does the US really want Pakistan a Nuclear state to go rogue with the likes of the Taliban???
      HELL NO!!!!
      They are bluffing.
      They will never do it.

Second, don't be stupid.
      Saba will never do anything like that.
      Get a brain and then post stuff here.

Comment

Chilli - such a statement surely needs a source (that is not Indian and Independent) but you seem to have none... so what will the conclusion of many be?

Comment

By the same logic, I declare Clinton as Cigar Smoking-Monika Thoking-Jhoot Booling to the People son of a witch.

Pakistan does not need any titles bestowed upon it by others. We are what we are, and if you donít like it, tough.

I am totally pissed off by the goddamn multiple standards of the West. The UN so arduously opposes any representation or recognizes Taliban as the legitimate government (I personally hate Taliban style government), but they have no problem recognizing Saudis or other Oil Gulf regimes as representative (which are 10 times as worse). What a piece of creamy ****.

Comment

Here Here NYA Bro!

Why does the west bother talking about democracy and human rights when it discriminates in such a fashion?

The Saudi/Taliban example is the best one, but then there is the Commonwealth. It condemns Pakistan last October - but later on is not so vociferous about Fiji, Zimbabwe or the Solomon islands - where thugs seize or hold power by the gun and still strut the halls of the British Commonwealth of nations! Then there is the Royal Sultanate of Brunei which has never had an election in its entire existence yet is a full-fledged member of the commonwealth! - could be to do with the fact that the Sultan of Brunei owns 1 billion sterling currency and is the polo pal of the British Royal Family! - WHAT HYPOCRISY AND DOUBLE STANDARDS.

Pakistan is a changed place now - people don't to give a damn about the statements of the State Dept, Clinton or the Commonwealth. I just hope that other developing countries wake up to this fact too!

Comment

But he got slapped firsr when pakistan said they could do nothing to hand over Osama.
              Now that is what i call a slap!!!!

------------------
              CROIRE A L'INCROYABLE

Comment

The comments Clinton is supposed to have made are widely covered in the Indian press but there is no mention in the American or PAK press. Its actually the Indians who are saying Clinton said this at an Indo-American function - HOW MUCH CREDENCE CAN YOU GIVE TO INDIAN REPORTS?

Comment

Well i guess both NYA and Mailik answered PG.
                  Now this is weird, these guys agree on the same thing.
                  Darn there will be no more fights on the political sections of gupshup!!!!

------------------
                  CROIRE A L'INCROYABLE

Comment

I see my old friend Pi.gh. (short for PakistaniGharib is here again. Hello Pi.gh.

Comment

I agree with CM and Malik. Who is Clinton??

Chili I think It does not matter what Mr.Clinton think Pakistan is. The thing that matter is what people of world sees America and India as.

Comment

>>>I declare Clinton as Cigar Smoking-Monika Thoking-Jhoot Booling to the People son of a witch.

NYAhmadi ayr, I thought I was reading a poem
                        Cigar Smoking
                        Monika Thoking
                        Jhooth bukking

wah wah...kiya shairee hai

Comment

Ahh..
                          Clinton like i said is not important now.
                          The future pres is.
                          Now if Gore or Bush said he would mak us as rogue states, then we are screwed.
                          However none of them had said so.
                          To bad.
                          And about newspapers.
                          Heck the pakistani newspaper is crictical of everybody including the CE.
                          He could get them wasted but noooo they will still print what they think is right.
                          Check todays dawn to understand what i am saying.
                          Here is the link: http://www.dawn.com/2000/09/28/top8.htm

------------------
                          CROIRE A L'INCROYABLE

Comment

Originally posted by Malik73:
                            The comments Clinton is supposed to have made are widely covered in the Indian press but there is no mention in the American or PAK press. Its actually the Indians who are saying Clinton said this at an Indo-American function - HOW MUCH CREDENCE CAN YOU GIVE TO INDIAN REPORTS?
                            SOOOO TRUE!!
                            I have to agree with NYAhmadi as well.

Comment

Originally posted by CM:
                              Ahh..
                              Clinton like i said is not important now.
                              The future pres is.
                              Now if Gore or Bush said he would mak us as rogue states, then we are screwed.
                              However none of them had said so.
                              To bad.
                              And about newspapers.
                              Heck the pakistani newspaper is crictical of everybody including the CE.
                              He could get them wasted but noooo they will still print what they think is right.
                              Check todays dawn to understand what i am saying.
                              Here is the link: http://www.dawn.com/2000/09/28/top8.htm

Interesting.....

Comment

Working...
                              X