Pakistani poet's visa extended

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pakistani poet's visa extended

Pakistani writer, Mr. Aftab Hussain, who fled to India in March following ``harassment'' by the military regime for publishing poems of the Prime Minister, Mr. A.B. Vajpayee, has been given 180 days extension of visa for stay in this country although he had sought political asylum.

Highly-placed sources said Mr. Hussain's visa had been extended by another six months from August 31 and concerned departments were whetting his application for asylum in the country. ``His request for asylum is under consideration and relevant papers are being scrutinised by the concerned departments,'' they said.

It was likely that the exercise would be completed by that time and a decision whether or not to allow him to stay in India be taken by then, sources added.

The Pakistani writer could not be traced for his comments but he had expressed his ``unhappiness'' over the Indian authorities decision last time and had asked them to decide on his fate as he was unable to concentrate on his work.

The 38-year old poet's miseries had started after a noted Indian poet, Mr. Jameel Akhther, who translated Mr. Vajpayee's poems into Urdu, sent a copy to him with a request for publishing it in Pakistan. ``Initially no publisher agreed to publish Mr. Vajpayee's poems in Pakistan. But as his visit to Lahore became imminent in 1999, I managed to get the book published as a goodwill gesture.''

Mr. Hussain said he was harassed by the military regime for this act to such an extent that he was left with no option but to leave the country.

The poet plans to continue his literary work in India and his first book containing his new poems titled Samundar se Pehli Mulakat (first encounter with sea) and a cassette of his Urdu ghazals would be released soon in India.

A writer in Urdu, Punjabi and Hindi, Mr. Hussain has translated a large number of poems and short stories from Hindi and other Indian languages into Urdu.

And you wanted to discuss what? This topic has been discussed before. Actually many times before, and one popular comment from previous discussions was, Aftab Hussain who?

By the way, weíre not interested in collecting anti Pak articles on our servers, if youíve got something to discuss Ė do let us know please.

Comment

And you sure have enough space on your servers for Anti-India tirades (Hindu Baniya, Hindu prostitution, etc...).
      Calm down your Malik73s and CMs and we too would mind our own business !!
      Sabah, sorry to say this, but sometimes u give me this impression that you feel you are doing us a favour by allowing us to post on your site.

[This message has been edited by chilli (edited September 25, 2000).]

Comment

Sabah, sorry to say this, but sometimes u give me this impression that you feel you are doing us a favour by allowing us to post on your site

Ditto

Comment

Hey you guys should be grateful that you are still here.
          The SofT site would ban anybody who was pakistani.
          As for the anti-indian articles are all reactions to the anti pakistan post.
          Second who is this guy - i personally have never heard of him.

------------------
          CROIRE A L'INCROYABLE
          You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Comment

Hey you guys should be grateful that you are still here.

Grateful for giving you our time and trying to interact with you....you must be out of your mind....because of this attitude less and less posts are being posted by Indians on this forum ...I hope you have noticed that.

The SofT site would ban anybody who was pakistani

Go ahead and suggest this to management, it will prevent me and other Indians from wasting their time here.

Comment

Chili,

I wasnít going to reply to your post, as itís often waste of time, you wonít believe it anyway, Lekin, I am a lil naiv so Iíll try again. However if you let me write a long reply and at the end tell me that some comma was wrong, hmmmm to aap ka paste ban jae ga!

So if we have enough space for anti-India threads, no we donít especially if its about indian women, we definitely do not have any space Ė however if some of you guys keep insulting our ppl, be it Muslims or Pakistanis, our ppl will reply.
              I have tried to convince ppl that, this forum is what you make it to be, that should in no way be read as garbage collector, so if itís hard for ppl to understand how to respect others, Iíll have to step in and help you. Only if I have time, that is

CM and Malik post whatever is in indian or international media, thatís what Iíve noticed anyway, and most of the time, itís not even on my forum, or it is? World politics if where you discuss international politics, and if you guys choose to discuss india, itís fine with me. I will however request you to stop replying to threads about indian women, if you feel they are offensive, and if no mod or admin reacts on time do drop us a mail about that.

About favours, not really, I see you as members of this board, if YOU choose to see you differently, thatís your judgment Ė This is a Pakistani site, and I being a Pakistani, can not let you post anti Pak material Ė Criticizing is one thing insulting is a different word with a complete different meaning.
              We donít have problems with you as an Indian, itís perfectly fine that you love your country, but if any one wants to sing I hate Pak, well for that youíll have to find some other place where they are interested, Coz I am not.

Now be nice and we really donít have to talk like this, donít push me and I wonít react ok.

Rani,

Iíve only seen one natural post by you, and I had to re-read it. We have tried to be friendly, you have a habit of ignoring or mis understanding friendly posts, so Iíve got nothing to say to you, now you make some move.

Saba

Comment

I dont understand what the fuss is about. Site is what people make out of it. If the discussions here are almost never very high quality, it is the problem of people aprticipating, admin can hardly do anything about it.
                Take the example of chowk. Once, not so long ago, it was really nice site with discussions reasonably intellectual, many posts used to be well researched and sometimes witty. Now it has literally gone to dogs since some people who are passionate about their pet topics are flooding it with replies at the rate of 10 a day and having no content. In fact, we never had people of quality of Ferzok, gymnosophist, macgupta which are on chowk. NYA comes close. But that is about it. So discussions were always at this level. If the level is getting worse that is due to increased participation. However, in course of time, peple know which posts to skip so it does not really matter.
                Now that we do not have scholarly people, what could be of interest is personal opinions and persaonal experiences on topics of interest in subcontinent which are not readily available in library. and i think that is reason for which people will read discussion forums. for everything else, there are better resources.

Comment

ZZ, Could you plz drop me a mail?

Comment

Firstlu ZZ what is chwok???
                    Second Rani, the whole thing was a comparsion.
                    SofT banned me because i was pakistani.
                    You haven't seen that on this board now have you.
                    Shows you the difference between literal and illiteral people.
                    Second, you give us your time???
                    Why?
                    Nobody asked for you to be here.
                    Then why do you show up???
                    Simple you like to insult pakistan.

"wasting their time here."
                    Girl you are a waste of time.
                    If you are wasting your time then leave.
                    Go to the SOFT you will be easily accepted!!!

------------------
                    CROIRE A L'INCROYABLE

Comment

CM....Wow, you are so abusive and you call yourself literate...boy, consider me gone as far as you are concerned.

[This message has been edited by Rani (edited September 26, 2000).]

Comment

Your leaving???
                        YES!!
                        Finally!!!!!
                        Good riddance to bad rubbish.

------------------
                        CROIRE A L'INCROYABLE

Comment

The Sabah Sermon revisited :
                          ------------------------------
                          I wasnít going to reply to your post, as itís often waste of time, you wonít believe it anyway, Lekin, I am a lil naiv so Iíll try again.
                          Thanks for taking time off for responding
                          So if we have enough space for anti-India threads, no we donít especially if its about indian women, we definitely do not have any space Ė however if some of you guys keep insulting our ppl, be it Muslims or Pakistanis, our ppl will reply.

I knew Malik73/CM and Co. can never go wrong for you...nothing new there O...Ok...this is a Pak site. Just read the posts of CM above and you will be convinced about CM (He is such a great intellectual to have on this site ) -
                          To me , this man pours absolute rubbish in the name of fruitful discussion when not making a mockery of English Grammar. Not difficult to see why he was banned from the sites he says he was

CM and Malik post whatever is in indian or international media, thatís what Iíve noticed anyway, and most of the time, itís not even on my forum, or it is? World politics is where you discuss international politics, and if you guys choose to discuss india, itís fine with me.

If your guys pour venom on India in World Affairs section, we can reply in kind only in this section because Pak-related issues are discussed here.

About favours, not really, I see you as members of this board, if YOU choose to see you differently, thatís your judgment Ė This is a Pakistani site, and I being a Pakistani, can not let you post anti Pak material Ė Criticizing is one thing insulting is a different word with a complete different meaning.

How I wish you had the same yardstick for India-Insulting (as opposed to criticising) posts. Ok, this is first a Pak site even if it is on the Internet.

We donít have problems with you as an Indian, itís perfectly fine that you love your country, but if any one wants to sing I hate Pak, well for that youíll have to find some other place where they are interested, Coz I am not.

Same old emotional jigs. As far as the "I hate Pakistan" post, u perhaps did not read my entire post before removing it. If you had, u would have found that there was nothing objectionable in that.

Now be nice and we really donít have to talk like this, donít push me and I wonít react ok.

I never push anybody...Ms. Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by CM:
                            Your leaving???
                            YES!!
                            Finally!!!!!
                            Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Go take a course in English comprehension, you have a pea brain and you write like an idiot. You are the biggest trash I have ever come across. I have finally realized that bullies like you need to be confronted and told in the language they understand... idiots like you interpret use of civilized language as a sign of weakness.

People like you come dime a dozen ..get lost.

[This message has been edited by Rani (edited September 26, 2000).]

Comment

Working...
                            X