Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LAW IS FOR YOU - I AM TOTALLY EXEMPT

NAME ADDRESS NOT BE DISCLOSED

I became a member of Farago Co-operative Farming Society Karachi in 1980-81 and continued paying timely annual subscriptions. Sometime early 90s Society office was found closed. There were no whereabouts. I kept continuously requesting Dy. Registrar Co-operative Society Karachi to see where was the society, society bank accounts etc as is this his duty under the law. As is usual he never game me any response. Since my apprehension was that society was though not opening its office but it must be filing regular annual returns and reports etc with Dy. Registrar to keep the registration alive and bank account operating!!!

Having failed to get any response from Dy. Registrar I filed a complaint with Sindh Ombudsman against this attitude of Dy. Registrar. At this Dy. Registrar moved and reported office closed. Why it automatically did not come into his office knowledge though should be a point to ponder but not subject here. His office told ombudsman that an official liquidator had been appointed. Accordingly on 4 June 1996 I filed my claim with the Liquidator.

Since Sindh Ombudsman did not take any note of my specific complain namely "Non response by Dy. Registrar" hence having got escaped and encouraged Dy. Registrar and/or Official Liquidator of his Office right from June 1996 till today has not apprised me of any progress despite the fact every 3/4 months I continuously and regularly so request. Sindh Food Minister March 2000 stated 275 agricultural societies in the province were found bogus. I drew his attention too but failed.

For the last about 2 years I have also drew the attention of Sindh Ombudsman Secretariat that Dy. Registrar/Liquidator was not giving any response but Secretariat did not care. Some months back I finally filed a fresh complaint with Sindh Ombudsman about continued non response by Dy. Registrar/Official Liquidator but this has also not been acknowledged which acknowledgement is mandatory under the official procedure prescribed by the Government.

Each new government claims to overhaul the system, do better for common man, eliminate people sufferings and with wide open eyes tries, of course in vain, to find what was the cause of continued trouble but they had never found nor would be able.

The real cause of all our national crisis is in the disease namely "Laws, procedures, directives like of one dish simplicity, all are for you, I am exempt from that".

An authority which has the power to take note of "non response act of mal administration" of other authorities if itself commits the same "non-response act of mal administration" then how one can imagine other authorities will care to take note of his directives or instructions? An ombudsman system which takes notice of non response of others terming that an act of mal administration, if does not itself act in giving response (in yes or no that is a separate matter) and does not treat it in itself an act of mal administration by the system itself, how can accept others like Dy. Registrars would care about system's directive.
    The day we got this understood our national crisis with great rapid speed would start dripping down.

S.A.J

26 Septmber 2000.
Working...
X