Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Pakistan's envision of state with Kashmir and Afghanistan come true?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will Pakistan's envision of state with Kashmir and Afghanistan come true?

http://www.washtimes.com/commentary/...0091711412.htm

Khalid Duran

Many Pakistanis envision a state consisting of Pakistan plus Kashmir and Afghanistan. This large Muslim power would seek close links with the former Soviet republics, considered to be a vast market for Pakistani products and a recruiting ground for Islamist militants.

Ever since, many in the military establishment are all the more determined to win control of the predominantly Muslim state of Jammu and Kashmir. "What was taken from us in the East [Bangladesh] we must take from India in the West [Kashmir],"

The general has cunningly risen through the ranks of the military's Islamist machinery without being a party man. Now every side doubts that he may be at heart a man of the other party. The big question is whether he himself realizes what a definite choice between moderation and Islamism is facing his nation. If Gen. Musharraf continues the confrontation with India, using an international legion of "Jihadists" in Kashmir, there can be no improvement of relations with the United States and Europe. The same applies to the continued application of the infamous "Blasphemy Law" (to terrorize religious minorities) and the public justification of "honor killings" of women as "Islamic."

Yes there will be a P.A.K union sooner or later - PAKISTAN, AFGHANISTAN AND KASHMIR !

Comment

GO P.A.K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
      CROIRE A L'INCROYABLE
      You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Comment

Hey, is it just me or do you people want Afghanistan to be a part of our state??? This is so unbelievable. The Afghans have brought crime and drugs to our country, they treat women like animals....I could go on and on. Millions of Afghans live as refugees in Pakistan (as if we dont have enough problems of our own!!) And when they go abroad, they cant badmouth Pakistan enough. I know Afghani people who took shelter in Pakistan and now that they're in Canada, they dont have one nice thing to say about Pakistan. Talk about being ungrateful!!
        Im not making this up. Really. This Afghani woman came to our house and started criticizing Pakistan and Pakistanis. My mom's a tolerant person but she was so mad, she didn't talk to that woman again.
        I think Pakistan has no business with Afghanis and their extremist views.

Comment

HK, I agree with you...

So, how bout replacing Afgaistan with ARABIA ... We gotta do something about the "A" in P.A.K...

------------------
          ...aur bhayya, kaise ho?

Comment

Paan Masala believe it or not one of the A's in Pakistan stands for Arabia...

P - Punjab

A - Afghania

K - Kashmir

I - Iran

S - Sindh

T - Turkistan

A - Arabia

N - BeNgal

Comment

Malik bro..what a thoughtful idea!! We mus build bridges towards West. Now, with the dominance of Taliban rule in Afghanistan and drastic improvement of relations between Iran and Pakistan..I see endless possiblities.

Comment

Yes Outlaw the ambition of P.A.K.I.S.T.A.N was a pipe dream a hundred years ago when Chaudry Rehamt Ali first thought up the acronym, but now it seems that this is being taken seriously by foreign powers like India who are horrified by the prospect!

Comment

Khaled Duran must have been smoking grass when he wrote this article. General Musharraf an Islamist? Didn't he see the pics of the CEO with his family and pet dog? Didn't the CEO describe himself as an admirer of Ataturk?

The fact is, we need to build relations with Central Asia for business reasons as well as political alliance. India is only interseted in the demise of Pakistan, so we have to look after our own interests first.

Definitely, Afghanistan, Turkey, Iran and the former Soviet states will provide more sincere business partners than the wily Indians. It's a shame, but the facts are there and you can't ignore them. These countries all have similar problems and shared interests with us, while India considers Pakistan a natural enemy due to religious history which has seen the rise of the Hindutva movement, culminating in the hindu voters bringing to power the BJP to the horror of the sizeable minorities in Hindustan.

Comment

Afghani's did not let the Russians set foot in thier land,who are we? anyways I agree with HK all the way we have to many problems of our own! The Taliban will almost want to wipe out our culture and replace it with thier own like they did in Afganistan.

Comment

Originally posted by hk:
                      they treat women like animals....I could go on and on.
                      Please do..and with examples.

Originally posted by SPAWN:
                      Afghani's did not let the Russians set foot in thier land,who are we?
                      Ummm spawn they're not talking about an 'invasion' here.

The Taliban will almost want to wipe out our culture and replace it with thier own like they did in Afganistan.
                      Like they did in Afghanistan did i miss something? The Taliban did not replace 'Afghan' culture, they reinforced it...by bringing islam to the forefront.

ps.Malik thanks for sharing the acronym

Comment

Girl from Quraysh, what examples do u want?? Are you talking about the ones concerning women?? I think everyone is aware of the fact that the Taliban have forbidden women to go to schools. They cant go out of the house without a male chaperon etc....
                        Their version of Islam is based on fictitious ideas and they use religion as an excuse to justify their sexist and terrorist views.
                        Also, I have often come across news reports about Afghan men being arrested while smuggling drugs to Pakistan.
                        Believe me, you can't possibly hope to change their mentality. Pakistanis dont need such people and their influence.

Comment

Paan Masala, about replacing the A with Arabia.......I dont really know.
                          Im confused though..... cant we, for now, focus on JUST PAKISTAN and PAKISTANIS???
                          I mean, do we really need Afghanis or Arabs or Iranians? I think we have to solve our own problems and handle our own affairs. We are an INDEPENDENT state aren't we???

Comment

Let me answer you HK!

Originally posted by hk

Hey, is it just me or do you people want Afghanistan to be a part of our state? This is so unbelievable.

First of all, why are you so proud of Pakistan, that makes you think Afghanistan don't need to be a part of it? Pakistan can't even help Kashmir, while Afghanis/Pathans are giving their lives for their Muslim brothers there.

The Afghans have brought crime and drugs to our country, they treat women like animals.

Those drugs, are bought by gangs leaders of Pakistan, sold to people of Pakistan. They just have the Afghanis taking care of the growing/supplying process and have them take the blame when caught. Which is always the case.

Treat women like animals.

Are Taliban encouraging women to take off their cloths and walk around naked like animals do?

Do they have them work like animals and use them like piece of meat of an animal for their pleasure?

Do Taliban have sex and impregnates women and leaves them, like a dog dose it to ***** (I mean it as a female dog, which is animal)?

Then she goes of, giving birth to more dogs and *****s, so they can grow up to do the same, and bring more of there kind to fill the world with their filth!

I think it's the people you favor (WEST) that are having their females being treated like animals.

I could go on and on. Millions of Afghans live as refugees in Pakistan (as if we dont have enough problems of our own!) And when they go abroad, they cant badmouth Pakistan enough. I know Afghani people who took shelter in Pakistan and now that they're in Canada, they dont have one nice thing to say about Pakistan. Talk about being ungrateful!! Im not making this up. Really, this Afghani woman came to our house and started criticizing Pakistan and Pakistanis. My mom's a tolerant person but she was so mad, she didn't talk to that woman again. I think Pakistan has no business with Afghanis and their extremist views.

Many of those refugees goes out to fight your battles on the border with India to help out your Pakistani army. They have sacrifice their lives in Kashmir, doing what your suppose to do, instead of running away with your kids to the west to hide behind white asses. And you talk about being ungrateful?

Just because one woman turned out to be like that, then you go one judging all Afghanis?
                            Should I judge all Pakistan by looking at your views? I don't think so, because I still believe that there are true Muslims in Pakistan, who are being pushed down by people like you who have invented their selves a MORDERN ISLAM.

Girl from Quraysh, what examples do u want?? Are you talking about the ones concerning women?? I think everyone is aware of the fact that the Taliban have forbidden women to go to schools. They cant go out of the house without a male chaperon etc. Their version of Islam is based on fictitious ideas and they use religion as an excuse to justify their sexist and terrorist views.

Taliban have forbidden women to go to schools. That is true, but do you know why? Or you just read/saw some news and decided?

Let me tell you why Taliban did that. Taliban have many enemies besides critics like the WEST, and those enemies are from the inside not from the out side. In the process of Taliban taking over the country, they have banned women schools and other outside activities because they care for their lives. Unlike others who tells their females to go fight war for them cuz they an't man enough to do it them selves.

Taliban have only taken over 90% of Afghanistan, the rest 10% is in the hands of rebel gangs, and those gangs are also capable of bombing and bring destruction to the country. In order to deal with such threats from inside they have banned outside activities etc. for women. If they do want to go outside, then they need permission of men, so they could be held responsible if anything went wrong.

Once Taliban are sure, they will advance but slowly because they are still recovering from damages done war with USSR. Many of the great cities have been damaged badly and many food sources are demolished also, but they still are trying to make it a better place like it once use to be.

Paan Masala, about replacing the A with Arabia.......I dont really know. Im confused though..... cant we, for now, focus on JUST PAKISTAN and PAKISTANIS??? I mean, do we really need Afghanis or Arabs or Iranians? I think we have to solve our own problems and handle our own affairs. We are an INDEPENDENT state aren't we???

I think Arabia have less problems then Pakistan, they are also richer! So before you say no to Arabia, let me assure you that they don't want anything to do with you! Trust me on that.

------------------
                            *You know most of me, but not all of me*
                            *Things that I have done are not suppose to be*
                            *I'm a sinner of my sins*
                            *A prisoner of my prisons*
                            *Will someone care to cry for me*
                            *If not, then you must see*
                            *That I ask not to die for me*
                            *I just want to know*
                            *If I die will you cry for me*

[This message has been edited by yOuNgBrAt (edited September 20, 2000).]

Comment

yOuNgBrAt, I stand corrected. What you've said is partial reality.
                              There are hundreds of other countries in the world poorer than Pakistan and surviving. Why does Pakistan need this so-called "unity" with Afghanistan or Arabs. Who cares how rich they are. We're an independent country and will remain so.
                              About helping Kashmir, do you think something like this takes a fortnight to be over? Its not a game they're playing. Im assuming most Kashmiris want peace and Independence. What do u suggest Pakistan should do?? Dont we have our own problems to deal with? This conflict has been going on for decades and Pakistan isn't the only country involved, India is too.
                              Should Pakistan just go in there and start bombing all the Indians to get Kashmir, when many of them don't necessarily want to be a part of Pakistan??

As for your comment about Pathans, I find it racist. ALL Pakistanis, not just Pathans, fought for this country to be born and they still are and will. I dont like it when divisions are made between Pathans or Punjabis or Sindhis or whatever. How do expect to be at peace with others if people inside our country have this sort of mentality??

Comment

Working...
                              X