Musharraf in Q&A on CNN !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Musharraf in Q&A on CNN !!!

General was a guest on Q&A with Riz Khan on CNN on friday. The programme was half an hour's time and multiple questions were asked.

I have to admit that he was Good ... very non-political straight forward attitude.. focusing more on what has been done rather than what they plan to do which is a remarkable improvement regarding the past politicians.

I was thinking Nawaz Sharif would not have been able to stand up to such a challenge.

I saw the interview on CNN and the CE was clear, concise and articulate and maintained his cool when asked difficult questions by some callers. He is a true patriot and ambassador for Pakistan. He repeated one of his pronouncements when he came to power i.e that he may make some mistakes or bad choices and that his government may be viewed negatively BUT he would listen to peoples grievances - what a brilliant human being! Can you imagine the likes of BB or NS ever admitting that they could ever make mistakes?

Comment

I didn't see it, but watch it tommorrow on CNN.com
      Tell you what i think of it when i get the chance to watch it.

------------------
      CROIRE A L'INCROYABLE
      You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Comment

Do watch it CM .... there was one comment from the chatline that said "why not take the next train to india for a summit of yoru own?"
        which caught him off guard ... was a senseless comment but that actually got him talking abou how India probed into Pak territory in 1948 ,then in 1971 !! The world simply needs to know!!

and then this 12 years old from England gave out to him by talking about democracy and he actualy kept his cool and wondered aloud how she .. a little one could have gotten it!!

I totally agree with malik saab!! good leader's attitude!! very non political!!

Comment

CE was no doubt great, however the questions he was answering were so low. Some of them really irritated me, perfect way to insult a nation through such lame questions. But he did get a great opportunity to talk about india the way we see it Ė still our time was wasted on useless questions about obsession with india and democracy. Iíd rather like him to talk about the positive progress, which he did but that wasnít very clear.

Comment

yes sabah ......... but then it presented him not like a stiff necked pig headed dictator but a cool minded leader.

There are a few things that the world cannot openly appreciate because of their foriegn policies But still ... Now a lot of people and leaders have started seeing him like a non-dictatorial leader. Now the dumb democracy talk in Pakistan will hopefully go in background.

Comment

I need the link to the interview on CNN.com because I did not get a chance to see it.
              Thanks

Comment

I didn't see it either.
                Does anyone know how i could watch it on the net??

Comment

Gooni CE has maintained his image of a non-political leader for a year now, and I also like the way he answers yet ignores all the stupid questions. But the thing is that we need to show the world our picture the way we see it, not as they want to see it. And thatís only gonna happen if we lead the talk and not by wasting time on useless questions of some no-life ppl around the world. Compared to the NS and BB he has done a great job, but then again comparing him with those dumbos is not fair either. After a long time I noticed that ppl called and informed each other about his session with Riz Khan, I hope we start taking part in discussions about our selves on international level also.

Comment

Does anyone here know that Riz Khan is of Indian origin and has infact spent some of his childhood in India!!

[This message has been edited by Hizbul (edited September 12, 2000).]

Comment

thanks for the info hizbul...

I don't know how to reach it on the net but then as sabah says ... it is not worth it as far as Questions are concerned.... the admirable thing was General's composure ...!!

sabah ... he pretty much led the world see there in th esummit our side of the picture... was like steeling words from our mouths....!!
                      I personally think that was enough view for the international media and govt:s ... He has a ruined economy to save ...!

World usually thinks the way they want to think ... If america wants the world to believe Pak is terrorist ..... He'd just shut His ears and keep on forcing His openion upon Pak till he gets His way against Talibaan !! It will go on being printed and announced again and again through the world media...!

I am glad that the image of CE has definitely changed for now...! Good for us!!

Comment

Riz Khan's mother is Gujarati from India and father a Punjabi from Lahore. He was born in Yemen and brought up in UK and now lives in Atlanta, USA.

Comment

There u go ! Thanks for the details , Mohabbat.
                          That makes him the right choice to interview Musharaff....

Comment

Hizbul sorry to burst your bubble.
                            But Riz Khan considers himself Pakistani, and not indian.
                            Read this in his interveiw in some dawn magazine, when he was in pakistan for all those Q&A sessions!!!!
                            I will find a link and give it to you.
                            If i find the magazines name i will type and post it here

------------------
                            CROIRE A L'INCROYABLE
                            You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Comment

Well, wether Riz is Indian or Pakistani or whatever he considers himself to be, he is Muslim. right?

Comment

Working...
                              X