Isnt Pakistan a hypocrite ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isnt Pakistan a hypocrite ?

Musharraf said to Bangladesh to forget this past. 30 years is a long time. Forget the Past and move forward. While it is 53 years still Pakistan does not want peace with India. He does not want to punish the criminals whi massacred and killed 3.6 million Bengalis. He says Hamoodur Commission Report was not correct.

As Shahriar Kabir, a leading campaigner in bringing war criminals to trial, said "it is an irony for Pakistan as regards Kashmir they want the past to settle the problem, but in the case of Bangladesh they want to forget it."

Pakistan is not bothered on Human rights of Muslims in China or Biharis who have been stranded in Bangladesh for 27 years but is more concerned about Human Right abuses of Indian against Kashmiris, Christians, Dalits and Assamese and Tamils

In an interview with CNN on Friday Hasina had called for fresh elections in Pakistan, saying the absence of democracy could not help any country.

"People should have every right to elect their government," she said.

Musharraf, who seized power in an October coup last year, evaded questions on the cancelled talks during a press conference.

Musharraf concurred with Sheikh Hasina's comments when referring to Bangladesh's war of independence that one has to forget the bitter past and look forward.

"People of Bangladesh are our brother and we want friendly ties with them," he said.

Sheikh Hasina told CNN that war criminals should be punished.

"We cannot forget what happened to our people, our children, our women in 1971. So there is a demand that they should be punished," she said.

Bangladesh, the former East Pakistan, gained independence in 1971 after a nine-month bloody war.

Shahriar Kabir, a leading campaigner in bringing war criminals to trial, said "it is an irony for Pakistan as regards Kashmir they want the past to settle the problem, but in the case of Bangladesh they want to forget it."

>>As Shahriar Kabir, a leading campaigner in bringing war criminals to trial, said "it is an irony for Pakistan as regards Kashmir they want the past to settle the problem, but in the case of Bangladesh they want to forget it."

This is a stupid comment. Bangladesh received it's independence 30 yrs ago, and still they want to wallow in the past. Kashmir, in case Begalis hadn't noticed is still occupied by the Indians. Where is the comparison except in the minds of depressed Pak-bashers like Mohabbat and Farid?

Comment

Bangladesh is not at fault when it demands that war criminnals be brought to book. They really did not forget what had happened to them in 1971 - but they just do not like to understand the fact that independence is never and nowhere available for free. A price is always sine qua non if you have opted to avail independence.

Why they had mounted a civil war and adopted the way of violence to get rid of West Paksitan by Mukhti Bahni and of course, through the good offices of India. If their blood was so dear to them, why they just did not go to the UN and table a bill for independence from Pakistan?

Do not Bangladeshi nation and respected PM know what history had witnessed when the partition of India was in the process? Did not we sacrifice anything??????

There is NO carpeted road neither any relief road available to those who have resorted to independence - Kashmir happens to be the most nearest example to Dhaka!

Price for independence is blood and blood - and if you want to have it, you have to pay in blood. That's all!!!

Reh gaya kaam hamaara hi baghawat likhna...

Comment

Originally posted by mohabbat:
        Musharraf said to Bangladesh to forget this past. 30 years is a long time. Forget the Past and move forward. While it is 53 years still Pakistan does not want peace with India.

Because unlike India-Pak affiars where Kashmir is a thorny issue, when it comes to Bangladesh there is no territorial dispute. Pakistan recognized the country and that was done and over with.

He does not want to punish the criminals whi massacred and killed 3.6 million Bengalis. He says Hamoodur Commission Report was not correct.

Hey, the criminals should be punished but why only Pakistan, tons of other countries have been blamed of the same. West-Pakistanis present in bangladesh at that time faced all kinds of stuff too. I personally know families which suffered at the hands of Bengladeshi forces and mukti Bahni etc etc. so apologies are due in both direction.

As Shahriar Kabir, a leading campaigner in bringing war criminals to trial, said "it is an irony for Pakistan as regards Kashmir they want the past to settle the problem, but in the case of Bangladesh they want to forget it."

No mon ami, lets bring out the war criminals in Kashmir and bring them to trial as well, is india ready?

Pakistan is not bothered on Human rights of Muslims in China or Biharis who have been stranded in Bangladesh for 27 years but is more concerned about Human Right abuses of Indian against Kashmiris, Christians, Dalits and Assamese and Tamils

I guess it is just trying to bring up a certain pattern of behavior in the spot light.

In an interview with CNN on Friday Hasina had called for fresh elections in Pakistan, saying the absence of democracy could not help any country.

Statistically that can be proven incorrect. As bangladesh and Pakistan both have never had "real" democracies ever.

"People should have every right to elect their government," she said.

Which people, the same power brokers each time, or the real people? She is facing enough criticism of her own "democratic" government that she should know that sham democracies never represent the people.

Musharraf, who seized power in an October coup last year, evaded questions on the cancelled talks during a press conference.

Hey its hasina's loss, its bangladesh's loss.

Musharraf concurred with Sheikh Hasina's comments when referring to Bangladesh's war of independence that one has to forget the bitter past and look forward.

Only way to live, otherwise US and UK will be bitter enemies, so will Germany and France.. seems like our region is the only region where we hate each other for crap that occured decades ago..and even still hate the brits for colonial rule...even though every single brit that was a part of that colonial rule probably is dead or close to it by now.

"People of Bangladesh are our brother and we want friendly ties with them," he said.

yeah mon...

Sheikh Hasina told CNN that war criminals should be punished.

wow... now thats a radical stance eh?

"We cannot forget what happened to our people, our children, our women in 1971. So there is a demand that they should be punished," she said.

And Bangladesh should do better to track down people affiliated with Mukti Bahni who killed and raped as well. but I agree war criminals need to be punished.

Bangladesh, the former East Pakistan, gained independence in 1971 after a nine-month bloody war.

errrr which war in the history was not bloody? except for the 1 hr war of iraq vs kuwait possibly?

Shahriar Kabir, a leading campaigner in bringing war criminals to trial, said "it is an irony for Pakistan as regards Kashmir they want the past to settle the problem, but in the case of Bangladesh they want to forget it."

dinn i just read that, dinnI just answer that..or did the guy say the same thing again..word for word.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Hey 2Pak, be a good example!
          Its not tolerant how you are talking here.
          Its a serious discussion, and not a
          street talk.

Comment

nice answers fraudia....
            my mamoo was in E.Pakistan at that time and he was lucky to be back in one piece.... nobody talks of the atrocities committed by mukti bahni...

Comment

well heres what I think (and I sure no one gives a dime )

Well I have researched this topic a Lot, I mean Atrosoties (what ever the spellings are) by pak army. Yes they did kill a lot of people......though not as much as someone stated above.....but the Mukti Bahni equalled them every where....they killed west pakistanis as well as the pro Pak bangalis.......It was a time of confusion......Pak Army thinking all anti pakistanis as traitors and same mind set with the Mukti Bahni and Pro Pak ppl.......Like I am a very patriotic Pakistani AND I live with two Bangladeshis(One of them is a hard line AWAMI person).......and we have these discussions quite a lot........So what ever the case.......all the events of then are NOT very clear.....they are blurred.. ......Bangalis say that they were fighting a 'WAR' of independence...and war means killing......for Pakistanis it was civil disobedience and stuff.....

In my opinion Pak and Bangladesh should have been saparate countries to start with...... Like having an enemy (excuse me my indian friends ) in the middle created misunderstandings.....like for example my Bangali mates say that Pakistan grew initially on the Jute Money.....TRUE..... and they say that None of it came to East Pakistan....... Hell NO!!!....... Like you (young) guys who live in Pakistan....... Have you ever seen or had ration cards....... I havent either...... but till saparation Rice and Sugar and lots of other stuff was rationed in Pakistan......although west pakistan was self suffiecient...... Rest of it went to alway flood torn East Pakistan......

hmmmm this is getting long!! and boring....will continue some other time...

anyway.......ITS ALL DUE TO THE BLOODY INDIANS just kidding (NO I AM NOT)

------------------
              ME ME ME!!!

Hey....can anyone tell me what clinton did with the Cigar???

http://fuee.tripod.com

Comment

Originally posted by pukka desi:
                nice answers fraudia....
                my mamoo was in E.Pakistan at that time and he was lucky to be back in one piece.... nobody talks of the atrocities committed by mukti bahni...
                Pukka desi bro, we had friends and family there who suffered a great deal too. Even my inlaws had businesses and land ..tea garden fame i think, and were forced to leave it all behind to move back to Karachi. One gentleman lost some hearing because his jeep was bombed and even though he was among the survivors the hearing damage was permanent.

The other side does not get the attention of people. what did people of west pakistani origin or even non bengali mohajers from other parts of India do to be killed, raped, harassed, and tortured? Or is their suffering more acceptable?

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

mohabbat,

Pakistan is not hypocrite. But highest position in Pakistan is by default hypocrite. Why? Because the strings attached with the post is controlled by 'invisible power group' who kick the butt of who so ever speaks the truth or give his impartial opinion.

Sincerely,

FARID

Comment

Working...
                  X