Bangladesh wants Pakistan suspended from UN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bangladesh wants Pakistan suspended from UN

Both Bangladesh and Afghanistan were extremely critical of Pakistan at their UN addresses. Bangladesh's Prime Minister Sheilh Hasina Wajid obliquely attacked Pakistan in her United Nations address and demanded suspension of Pakistan from the United Nations following the Commonwealth example. Afghanistan was represented by Burhauddin Rabbani was very critical of Pakistan's role and support to Taliban and terrorism.

Musharraf was so upset that he cancelled one on one meeting with Sheikh Hasina.

http://www.dawn.com/2000/09/09/top4.htm

NEW YORK, Sept 8: Pakistan-Bangladesh relations suffered a major setback on Friday when General Pervez Musharraf cancelled a scheduled meeting with BD PM Hasina Wajid.

At a press conference, the chief executive obliquely attacked Pakistan in her United Nations address and demanded suspension of Pakistan from the United Nations following the Commonwealth example.
    confirmed that his meeting with Ms Wajid had been "postponed", and the decision had been made after she had obliquely attacked Pakistan in her United Nations address and demanded suspension of Pakistan from the United Nations following the Commonwealth example.

Andhra it is all a kicking of a person when he is down.
    Simple as that.
    Afghanistan is pissed that we have limited the banned products from coming into pakistan and that we have the upper hand in trade.
    An example is the rice and wheat trade.
    We offered Afghanistan first at a lower rate than world prices, they did not agree and wanted more at a lesser price.
    So we said screw you and then set up an agreement with Iran.
    around 3 days ago the Afghanis were back wanting the wheat.
    Then we have also limited our weapons and economic aid to Afghanistan that we have to deal with our own economy.
    And Bangladesh is getting the licks in to get its name in the paper.
    The Bangaldeshi pres should spend more time developing the infrastructure and providing a good social net for the 55% of people below the poverty line.
    We will not get kicked out of the UN as who would want pakistan as a rogue nation.

------------------
    CROIRE A L'INCROYABLE
    You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Comment

CM, That is not the reason. Afghanistan is not being represented by Taliban because it is not recognised by the world community except UAE, Saudi Arabia and Pakistan. SO Aghanistan was represented by ousted Premier Rabbani who is definitely anti-Pakistani and thinks Pakistan is the root cause of all internal affairs of Afghanistan. I am not sure if Taliban would have said Anti-Pakistani rhetoric because Taliban is controlled by Pakistan.

But because of Pakistan's support to Taliban there has been increasingly hatred of Pakistan in some Afghan factions. Imagine Pakistani embassy in Afghanistan has been bombed thrice in last few months.

Comment

Hey Mohabbat thanks for pointing that out.
        I new the taliban weren't represented, but since it was stated in the news.
        I thought they must be represented.
        So now they are playing a china now.
        For those who don't understand what that means until 1971 i believe the Kow-min-tan was represented in the UN as the true leaders of China.
        However that changed and so will the afghanistan issue.
        It is typical stupidity on part of the US that a a group that controls more than 90% of a country is not represented in the UN.

And Mohabbat, the taliban is no way controled by pakistan, if they were controled by us, they would be ripping of the country for everything it had.
        And sending it to pakistan.

------------------
        CROIRE A L'INCROYABLE

Comment

Well CM read the first post...
          <<Afghanistan was represented by Burhauddin Rabbani was very critical of Pakistan's role and support to Taliban and terrorism>>
          Rabbani doesn't like pakistan because he thinks he pakistan helped kick him out of the presidential palace....whereas it was really his arrogance...besides he is getting help from india in shape of arms/money and advisors...which makes it more logical that he opposes pakistan and that pakistan helps taliban.........
          As for hasina wajid she is just trying to be her fathers daughter....and besides with her country surronded on all four sides by india she has to keep india happy...and what can make india more happy than paki bashing....

Comment

please mind your language....

Comment

what else could you expect from daughter of mujeeb.no surprises!i dont think people of bengladesh would say so.

Comment

In an interview with CNN on Friday Hasina had called for fresh elections in Pakistan, saying the absence of democracy could not help any country.

"People should have every right to elect their government," she said.

Musharraf, who seized power in an October coup last year, evaded questions on the cancelled talks during a press conference.

Musharraf concurred with Sheikh Hasina's comments when referring to Bangladesh's war of independence that one has to forget the bitter past and look forward.

"People of Bangladesh are our brother and we want friendly ties with them," he said.

Sheikh Hasina told CNN that war criminals should be punished.

"We cannot forget what happened to our people, our children, our women in 1971. So there is a demand that they should be punished," she said.

Bangladesh, the former East Pakistan, gained independence in 1971 after a nine-month bloody war.

Shahriar Kabir, a leading campaigner in bringing war criminals to trial, said "it is an irony for Pakistan as regards Kashmir they want the past to settle the problem, but in the case of Bangladesh they want to forget it."

Comment

Mohabbat elections are an internal pakistani issue, which no country has the right to call upon.
                  There is something called soverignty.
                  This two bit politician should know that by now.
                  And since she isn't pakistani why does she give a damn????

------------------
                  CROIRE A L'INCROYABLE

Comment

Now thats two powerhouse nations in the world right? damn...they really have the ear of every country...sheesh

who is next in line? mongolia?

*yawn* politics of our region bore me.
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraudz:
                      Now thats two powerhouse nations in the world right? damn...they really have the ear of every country...sheesh

who is next in line? mongolia?

*yawn* politics of our region bore me.
                      havent u heard trinidad has ordered CE to step down or else...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

thanks for making me laugh PD and Fraudi

------------------
                        ME ME ME!!!

Hey....can anyone tell me what clinton did with the Cigar???

http://fuee.tripod.com

Comment

Working...
                        X