Hamoodur-Rehman Commission’s Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hamoodur-Rehman Commission’s Report

Now that report has made public by an Indian newspaper, it is surprising that not a single comment came from GOP to accept or deny the authenticity of the report. Some times ago a clarification was published by Javed Jabbar that Government had not allowed the access to the report, which is available in original at Islamabad because of its confidentiality. How the leadership is, when the report accessible to any one on the Internet. Unfortunately successive government behaved in simmilar manner and caused much damage to the integrity, trust, morals of the people. Since government has indirectly accepted the authenticity of the report, situation demands following actions from the government.

1. Apology from Bengali brethren for what they have suffered in 1971.
    2. Full compensation of the damage by payments
    3. Court marshal or trial in the courts of all those found responsible in the genocide, rape, looting, robbing and damaging the property.
    4. Last but not the least ask forgiveness from Allah for what was done to own people, and take oath that such stupid behavior will not be repeated.

Sincerely,

FARID

[This message has been edited by sabah (edited September 04, 2000).]

I wonder how the report reached India, even before anybody had access to it in Pakistan....any clues...?

[This message has been edited by Some1 (edited September 03, 2000).]

Comment

Originally posted by Farid:
      Now that report has made public by an Indian newspaper, it is surprising that not a single comment came from GOP to accept or deny the authenticity of the report. Some times ago a clarification was published by Javed Jabbar that Government had not allowed the access to the report, which is available in original at Islamabad because of its confidentiality. How stupid and dumb the leadership is, when the report accessible to any one on the Internet. Unfortunately successive government behaved in simmilar stupid manner and caused much damage to the integrity, trust, morals of the people.

The report is true however.

Since government has indirectly accepted the authenticity of the report, situation demands following actions from the government.

1. Apology from Bengali brethren for what they have suffered in 1971.

might be?

2. Full compensation of the damage by payments

might be?

3. Court marshal or trial in the courts of all those found responsible in the genocide, rape, looting, robbing and damaging the property.

sure.

4. Last but not the least ask forgiveness from Allah for what was done to own people, and take oath that such stupid behavior will not be repeated.

sure.

Sincerely,

FARID

Comment

One slight correction:

In the above posts it states:
        1. Apology [from] Bengali brethren for what they have suffered in 1971.

Actually, it should read:
        Apology [to] the Begalis; not [from] the Bengalis.

Comment

The report was completed and written during Zia-ul-Haq's period.
          There were 5 copies and all but one were destroyed.
          The last remaining was kept in the ministry of information.
          Which was leaked to the Indian paper.

That is the history.
          Both the report itself - nothing is going to happen.
          The report has existed for 20 years.
          So actually nobody gives a ****!!!!

------------------
          CROIRE A L'INCROYABLE
          You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Comment

CM,

I hate to agree with you that nothing good is gonna come out of this report!

We refuse to learn from history!

Asking the Pak Army to beg forgiveness for its excesses in former East Pakistan is like asking Taliban to beg forgiveness for its excesses in Afghanistan! It a'int gonna happen!

Comment

Hate to agree with me????
              Well you just my day - thank you ever so much.
              I forced you do something you really hated to do.
              Yes nothing good will come of the paper.
              So you Indians freaking forget about it!!!
              End of story.

------------------
              CROIRE A L'INCROYABLE

Comment

CM,
                Your logic is so 'freaking' to say the least!

If you don't like what I have to say, why not try and prove me wrong! Since, you can't or unable to, you chose to call me 'Indian' or any of the other names that is used so loosely by the intellectually crippled. Grow up - man!

To Apolozise to the Bangladeshis or Not is a matter for the Nation to decide.

If the goodwill & commonsense had been there it would have happened a long time ago, maybe when the Report first came out! It did not happen then, it wont happen in the future.

BTW - have we, muslims, ever begged for forgiveness for any of our excesses from our fellow human beings or even from Allah?

Comment

AbdulMalick - try spelling Malik correctly and people might start believing you are not an Indian

If you are who you say you then maybe you should also ask ALL South Asian nations to apologise for crimes they have committed e.g. India for the crimes it has committed against the Kashmiri's, Sikhs, Naga's etc? Not to mention the Dalits and baby girls?

Comment

Here comes another one this time telling me how I should spell my name Malick; yet, he forgot or missed that I spell Abdul as ADbul.

So, MaliCk73, & CM:
                    any comments on whether muslims have ever begged forgiveness for "their excesses" from either their own fellow beings or Allah, Himself?

Comment

AM, my logic is not freaking!!
                      It is illogical - hey maybe i can change my nick to illogical!!
                      And here goes another brother's sanity out the window.
                      Prove you wrong - why bloody should i???
                      You do it so well yourself!!!
                      Intellectually crippled - big words for a very small boy.
                      If i am crippled then you must be brain dead.

Now the issue.
                      The nation is in no state to decide!!!
                      Have you forgotten we are under int'l sactions, our economy is in ruins, morality is down the tube etc etc.
                      And now you come up with the nation deciding crap!!!
                      Look it is govt job to decide this.
                      Not the peoples.
                      Plus it wouldn't do any good at all.
                      Waste our time, money and resources which we can spend in better ways.

As for forgiveness, i ask forgiveness from ALLAH for anything that might have offended anybody during the day.

As for your question - when you answer maliks we will answer yours!!!

------------------
                      CROIRE A L'INCROYABLE

Comment

Adbulmalick,

Thanks for the correction. I meant exactly what you said.

Sincerely,

FARID

Comment

CM,

CM wrote: That is the history. Both the report itself - nothing is going to happen. The report has existed for 20 years. So actually nobody gives a ****!!!!

I wonder if your dear and near ones, mercilessly raped, butchered, and their bodies thrown in the mass graves, perhaps you wouldn't have dared to utter such non-sense.

Sincerely,

FARID

Comment

Farid
                            Why don't you ask that of the Kashmiris, the Bosnians, the Kosovars, the Checnyan's, the Vietnamese, the Cambodians, the Burmese, the East Timorese, etc.!!!
                            They have suffered more than the BD people did any day.
                            What has India, Russia, US, Indonesia and Serbia done to easy there grief????
                            Then talk about Pakistan.

------------------
                            CROIRE A L'INCROYABLE

Comment

CM

How quick do we forget? How finicky can we get? Only couple of hours or so ago, you - the spokesman of Pakistan was willing to "consider" apologing to Bengales; however, an hour or so later, this finicky spokesperson has changed his tune to " Why should we?"

Gee! After all, we committed GENOCIDE against another nation! And, I am willing to guraantee that Allah's name must have been mentioned in those genocide?

Do you think History will forget or forgive? Why do you drag other thugs into this? Isn't this a matter between two nationsak & B-Desh whose reconcilation is long overdue and won't happen until a National Gesture of Repentence from Pakistan takes place.

Let me guess future generation of CM's are going to label all History of the era as Indian conspiracy, completely untrue and an attack on Islam!

Any apology towards Bangladeshis would be a National Apology thru an act passed in the National Assembly and made officially by the Pakistani President again on behalf of the Nation.
                              It would also include a visit to the shrine of the Bangladeshi martyrs and offering Fateha and directly apologising to the B-deshi people by the Pak president.

Since, we do not have an elected National Assembly at the moment any question of National apology is a moot question.

Do I think it will ever happen?
                              Does the sun rise in the west?

Comment

Working...
                              X