STAY HOME - TAKE SALARIES, DO NOTHING - LESS LOSS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

STAY HOME - TAKE SALARIES, DO NOTHING - LESS LOSS

Some pakistanis are angry on the world bank's advice to Pakistan to close cement, steel, automobile, sugar and other such industries which can not compete in the word market. "Advice from others always is frustrating but instead becoming immediately angry it should at least be evaluated as some part of such an advice may be some value.

I was working in Pakistan in a very big prestigious semi autonomous engineering project employing around 3500 employees. Only 5/6 countries world over have this industry and our Pakistani project was really a unique in precision performance! It was, as is usual with government projects, since years going on loss and salaries were being paid through overdraft from bank. Usual periodical government audits were done. Once in between 1978 to 1982 a private auditors of fame from Karachi did the audit and in their report they stated (I do not remember the exact figure but say Rs. 400,000) that project was incurring loss of Rs. 400,000 per month and we recommend that project be closed, all employees except for essential personnel like 4/5 gardeners, security, 2/3 electricians be advised to stay home and should come on each 1st to fetch their salaries. Thus the project would save Rs. 300,000 a month as this way it will have only to incur loss of Rs. 100,000 on salaries.

S.A.J
    [email protected]

01 September 2000

SAJ

you have very appealing topics. I am moving this to Pakistan politics since it will have a better audience there. Please post these messages there so we can generate a good discussion on these.
    Your friendly neighbourhood fraudiya loafer luccha lufanga awara ayaash aubaash ghunda badmaash man

Comment

Working...
    X