Pakistans youth and the future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pakistans youth and the future

As a young Pakistani I cannot help but state the obvious - we are the future. For the past 50 years Pakistan has been governed by yourselves, the older Pakistani. In that time, what has Pakistan achieved other than a reputation for corruption and deceit? Furthermore, what has Pakistan done for the people - the common man? Nothing.

The present generation has completely destroyed Pakistan and the last hope for the country rests now with her youth. The point of this posting is to encourage all parents on the forum to stop and consider their own views and attitudes. Young Pakistanis today live in a completely different world from the one in which you lived. This is a hard point to swallow - but it is true. We are currently being educated by means far superior to those that were ever made available to yourselves - be that in Pakistan or abroad.

Education, one could argue is the most liberating and corrective force known to man. To harness all its benefits, parents must be careful not to stifle the brilliance of young intellectual curiosity and enterprise.

Increasingly young Pakistani's are moving away from stereotypical Pakistani things. This can only be a good thing. The attachment some people illustrate to old, out dated and medieval practises is worrying. Many old traditions - arranged marriages, honour killings, blind faith - have no place in todayís modern world. Thankfully, education is enlightening the youth to shun and repel such practises - they must die soon.

Pakistanís new breed of academic youths must not be stopped in their drive to adapt and change Pakistan so that she may compete against other developed countries. By maintaining medieval practises, we condemn our youth and hence our future to experiencing the great failures and humiliations suffered by Pakistan over the last 50 years.

Let Pakistan's youth step forward and be counted. Accept that you must let go of the past and out dated rituals - this world is not the one in which you lived. By challenging the current super powers with one foot firmly in the past, we do not meet them on a level playing field.

Your generation has, unfortunately (and we take no pleasure in saying it) failed. Pakistan is a mess - and you could've done something about it. Now it is time for you to clear the way, cut your losses and accept the new perspectives being offered by the youth for a Better, Brighter, Pakistan.

To save all of you the trouble - this posting does not contradict my previous one. Whilst I believe it is crucial to study and remember the past, we must not and cannot live in it. The point of learning the history is so that we may remain ever vigilant against repeating her many disasters.

Respectfully Yours,

The Godfather.

Great post Godfather

>>To save all of you the trouble - this posting does not contradict my previous one. Whilst I believe it is crucial to study and remember the past, we must not and cannot live in it. The point of learning the history is so that we may remain ever vigilant against repeating her many disasters. <<

For some reasons I believe thatís exactly what CE meant to say to that caller

First of all a tiny lil correction, I agree that our parentsí generation could have done much more then what they have done for Pak, and surely many have failed and damaged Pak in many ways, but the same generation has also developed Pak to what we have today. Its very unfair to totally dis their generation and call them losers, firstly coz thatís not totally true, secondly we still need their respect and guideness. Anyway back to the main topic, I could be wrong but I guess most of our participants are representative of new generation, or future of Pak.

I wish our parentís generation could read your post, as I believe most of Pakistan loving new generation thinks this way. Anyway, we often talk about doing something, but what is this something, what will actually make us take the first step? One often hears speeches about Pakís future and how much ppl want to do for Pak, and after the speech only a few actually do something, what are we waiting for? If you donít mind me asking, what would you like to do for Pak? And whatís stopping you? (Iím not asking what you have done so far )

Comment

>>If you donít mind me asking, what would you like to do for Pak? And whatís stopping you? <<

Let's be practical and talk about what we can do - not what we would like to do. We are taking the first steps through a forum such as this. If you are right and the majority of participants on this forum are of younger ages then an excellent platform is provided here on which serious political ideologies can be discussed (although this is not always the case).

As for what I would like to do for Pakistan - this is a completely different matter. As it is not based on practicalities, obviously I would like to turn Pakistan into the leading super power of the world.

As with everything - from an idea, a vision progress stems.

Respectfully Yours,

The Godfather.

Comment

Working...
      X