Accountability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accountability

I think everyone agrees that the National Accountability Beureau is a good thing and I think something like 300m has been recovered, but there has been criticism that the armed forces have escaped this investigation into private finances. Although a lot of moves have been made in the right direction since the end of the Bhutto/Nawaz govt fiascos, unless Musharraf is strong enough to account some of the Generals as well, it is in danger of being labelled a witch hunt instead. What do you think?

No way any General will be charged.
    If you recall the General that Nawaz sharif has appointed after dismissing Mushraaf was never jailed.Looks like his time is added to Sharif's
    The army protects it's own.They are trained to do that

Comment

Wrong Andhra since 12 October scores of Army colonels and Lt Generals have been arrested and are to be court martialled for corruption etc. It has been reported that the former Chief of Naval staff (Zardari's crooked mate) and Gen Mirza Aslam Beg are under threat of being charged for corruption and misuse of office etc

When I get hold of the articles and statements I will post them. As for the Lt Gen you are talking about - the military announced last week that he was being court martialled!

[This message has been edited by Malik73 (edited August 02, 2000).]

Comment

Working...
      X