• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ASEAN

Looks like they don't want Pakistan
    http://www.afr.com.au/world/20000728...2000Jul27.html

does anybody care?

Frankly we dont give a damn! Does India give a damn about not being let into the OIC or ECO? Pakistan is looking westwards not eastwards... and our interests lie in Central and West Asia

Comment

>>Frankly we dont give a damn! Does India give a damn about not being let into the OIC or ECO? Pakistan is looking westwards not eastwards... and our interests lie in Central and West Asia

Why was Pakistan lobbying Australia if they don't give a damn

Yes India does care about getting into OIC to tell our side of the Kashmir Dispute

Comment

Pakistan was not lobbying heavily but going through the motions... has India ever applied to be part of the OIC or ECO?

P.S. Your source is hardly a balanced source?

[This message has been edited by Malik73 (edited July 31, 2000).]

Comment

>>Pakistan was not lobbying heaviley but going through the motions... has India ever applied to be part of the OIC or ECO?

I don't know.Our relations with Muslim countries are pretty good.
          Infact if you take a count of number of Muslim countries hostile to Pak vs the number for India, I think you will see India fares better.
          We don't meddle with Muslim Countries

Comment

Andhra : Indians are synonimous to CHEAP labor, atleast thats the case in Dubai and Bahrain. I got relatives in Dubai and Bahrain that are pretty high up the corporate ladder - so trust me, my sources are pretty credible.

Comment

>>Andhra : Indians are synonimous to CHEAP labor, atleast thats the case in Dubai and
              Bahrain. I got relatives in Dubai and Bahrain that are pretty high up the corporate ladder -so trust me, my sources are pretty credible.

We got all kinds of people
              So if Gulf countries want cheap labor so it will be cheap labor.
              There are Indian Doctors charging upto 500 dollars an hour.So there is the other side of the coin for you

Comment

What has Indians being viewed as cheap labour to do with Pakistan's ASEAN status......can anyone enlighten me on this....

Comment

ZMAN could be confusing this thread with the 'Facts About India' on the other forum.

Comment

In a good number of countries, Pakistanis, B'deshis and Sri Lankans are recognised as Indians.

Comment

Andhra and Dhir, I was specifically referring to the banking and IT industry in the Dubai and bahrain area. OfCourse, this is a general perception amongst executives there and it certainly does not mean that all skilled / non-skilled hired labor from India is CHEAP - probably 80%(guess) of it is.

My Indian friends, please dont get your panties in a wodd, this is just someones opinion and I certainly dont have the figures to prove my statements.

Comment

When Pakistan wants to join ASEAN they say they come under the "geographic footprint" of the region. When it's convenient to them they say they are not a part of the subcontinent but are a part of "Central Asia".

Comment

ZMAN >>Andhra and Dhir, I was specifically referring to the banking and IT industry in the Dubai and bahrain area. OfCourse, this is a general perception amongst executives there and it certainly does not mean that all skilled / non-skilled hired labor from India is CHEAP - probably 80%(guess) of it is.
                          My Indian friends, please dont get your panties in a wodd, this is just someones opinion and I certainly dont have the figures to prove my statements.

I for one absolutely don't mind that non-skilled labour is cheap.It is always cheap whatever country you are from.
                          Unless you have nepotism and stuff like that going on it will always be cheap.
                          It is cheaper with Indians because they are immigrants.

Comment

Working...
                          X