Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pakistan an enigma - Prem Shankar Jha - II

http://www.the-hindu.com/2000/07/20/...s/05202524.htm

Author seems to say that propoganda has created situation that has gone out of hands of the propogandists.

[This message has been edited by ZZ (edited July 20, 2000).]

LOL..what a source!! ZZ, you are desperate..I thoght you could do better than that.

Comment

Outlaw, you know what your former Foreign Secretary recently remarked about Pakistan. He said :I see little hope in Pakistan. The true believers are unlikely change the thinking of a lifetime. They will never concede that they might have been wrong all along. As an old Quaker once said to his friend: Josh, all the world's a fool except thee and me, and eventhee is a little odd. Although he was talking about Kashmir and militarisation of politics, this seems to hold true in every aspect of Pakistan.

Comment

We are supposed to take an article in 'The Hindu' newsapaper seriously?

Dhir - worse things have been said about India by FORMER and SERVING Indian politicians - Mamata, Jayalitha, Farooq to name a few people?

Comment

good josh..........

------------------
          /^^\======
          OOOOOO

Comment

Originally posted by Malik73:
            We are supposed to take an article in 'The Hindu' newsapaper seriously?

Dhir - worse things have been said about India by FORMER and SERVING Indian politicians - Mamata, Jayalitha, Farooq to name a few people?
            well.. malik.. dont worry too much about name of the newspaper. it is a left inclined south indian newspaper and definitely anti-bjp. in fact, it is one of the reliable ones. the monthy published by them 'frontline' is a bit too intellectual for my test and bias to left is more pronounced in the monthly.

Comment

Malik...if at all you want to read any anti-BJP, pro-leftist articles, "The Hindu" is the newspaper for you ! Actually I am surprised that there was critisizm of Pakistan in "The Hindu".

Comment

Very informative article now I understand why Pakistanis keep referring to huge number of civilian killed and women raped in Kashmir. This is ofcourse state propoganda because of low number Kashmiri refugees.

Comment

State Propoganda Rani... - go see the article in Kashmir Affairs forum about Indian Jaawans molesting Kashmiri Girls - from an Indian newspaper in IOK.

And also read the State dept report on Indian abuses in IOK - is that also PAK state propoganda?

Comment

The criticism of state departments also talks of terrorists and no state department report talks of 2 million refugees that u are telling us.

What about rest of article. Isn't Pakistani society getting talibanized. isnt a homogeneous thinking being fed to them.

He was also one of Indian journalists that travelled to Pakistan. Some of them praised musharraf as trustworthy and u have put all those articles over here. Some other journalists had other observations in Pakistan which are put in this article.

Comment

Your friend Rani mentioned Kashmir? - so tell us first what the article in the Indian paper about Indian Jaawans was talking about?

Tell us what the state dept DOES talk about in regard to human rights abuses committed by Indian troops in Kashmir?

Comment

did u read the article malik, u dont have to jump 10 feet whenever kashmir is mentioned.

Comment

Yes I did ZZ - and I trust you and will give my views when you have given me the answers on Kashmir?

P.S. Why did you have to post it twice?

Comment

Originally posted by Malik73:
                            Yes I did ZZ - and I trust you and will give my views when you have given me the answers on Kashmir?

P.S. Why did you have to post it twice?
                            u said u read the article and u say i posted it twice. actually i did not put same article twice. i just posted it in two parts. these are two parts of same article. they have different content. why u have to lie if u did not read article and want to jump on kashmir from anywhere.

Comment

ZZ - I am not lying I read this article not the first part I must admit - but notice everybody is only replying to this post?. You could have perfectly well posted both in one post - or maybe one in the Kashmir Affairs section? Your own mistake I'm afraid?

But now I have read the first part it still speaks a whole load of rubbish - while it refutes Pakistani figures it provides no sources for its own facts? So how come we are supposed to believe Pakistani figures are propoganda

I'm afraid I cannot accept someone who claims one side is using propoganda but then does not provide any facts or stats of its own to prove its point?

Comment

Working...
                              X