Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New naval base at Ormara inaugurated.

FINALLY DEEDS AND NOT JUST WORDS.
    Pakistan is truly looking west, and opening up to become a strategic power in west and central asia.

- "General Pervez Musharraf, today inaugurated a new naval base at Ormara in Baluchistan province. "Our neighbor to the east unfortunately aspires to dominate not only the Arabian Sea, but also the Indian Ocean. For this, it is building its navy much beyond its requirements", the chief executive said. Without naming archrival India, Musharraf said, "these hegemonic designs have serious military, political and economic ramifications for Pakistan". "The economic lifeline of the nation (Pakistan) is dependent upon our ability to protect our commerce in times of peace and war," Musharraf said while inaugurating the Jinnah Naval Base. Musharraf said construction of the new base 240 kilometers west of the main seaport of Karachi was a strategic imperative"

Ok this is good a military base but what is happening to the Gwadar port??
    If we want to get more trade and stuff docking in Pakistan Gwadar has to be operational by June 2001!!!
    If that doesn't happen we may lose out to Iran in getting the CIS countries.
    You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Comment

CM - work on Gwadur port begins on 1st July (a week or so from now), and I'll post the info when I can find it.

SO ALL SYSTEMS GO PAKISTAN ! - HEAD WEST!!

Comment

Excellent so that is commencing.
        Also Quetta as a new power station online.
        So we have alot of good programs coming on line but i still say 3 years is not enough.
        He should have been given 5 to 7 years to do all this.

Comment

Malik, itís said that some 50 companies were interested in Gwadar port project do you know which one got the contract? Also how is it scheduled, Iím thinking about time?

Comment

here is a comment from www.stratfor.com
            http://www.stratfor.com/asia/commentary/0006232310.htm

there may be one more interesting observation. pakistan is talking of a pipeline to india. there can not be pipeline to pak unless it goes to india since it wont be economically feasible. question is in event of war, can pakistan stop supplies to india without affecting its own. if it can, blockade by sea wil not matter to pak.

[This message has been edited by ZZ (edited June 24, 2000).]

Comment

What does this have to do with the port issue???

Comment

Utter stupidity read the bloody Article first!!!!!!!
                That was for me.
                What does this have to do with the pipeline.
                From what i have read there is no mention of it in the Article.

Comment

Working...
                X