Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PM was not consulted during Indian infiltration.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PM was not consulted during Indian infiltration.

Pakistan ex-PM says was not consulted on Indian infiltration.
    http://famulus.msnbc.com/FamulusIntl...6.asp?reg=ASIA

ATTOCK, Pakistan, June 12 Deposed prime minister Nawaz Sharif said on Monday that the Pakistani army did not consult him about last year's Kargil confrontation which brought India and Pakistan to the brink of a fourth war.
    Sharif dictated a statement to reporters at Attock, where he is standing trial on corruption charges, which laid the blame for the operation squarely with General Pervez Musharraf, who deposed him in an October 12 coup.
    ''The preparation for Kargil operation was done in January 1999 but I was taken into confidence in May 1999 when the operation had, in effect, already begun,'' his statement said.
    The statement for the first time acknowledged that the Pakistani army was behind the infiltration of India's Kargil heights rather than Mujahideen (Holy Warrior) Moslem militants who Pakistan said were behind the operation.
    It flatly contradicted a government statement last week which said that Sharif was kept fully informed about the Kargil operation. India refuses to hold peace talks with Pakistan's new military government because of Musharraf's involvement in Kargil.

It was a good thing that the ex PM did not know about it, otherwise he would have sold the information to India for money. I am sure his regret is not that he was not informed but rather that he wasn't given yet another golden opportunity to make money at the expense of the nation.

Mohabbat, as for your constant harping on about admission of Pak army rather than the freedom fighters being in Kargil, you and all your countrymen should concentrate on how a handful of Pak soldiers held and beat the hell out of over 70,000 soldiers for two months when they also had the airforce and everything else at their disposal. A very poor and pathetic performance by your forces. That's what you should be concetrating on but then either you are too embarrased to address this issue or you don't have time after pasting all the anti Pak cut and pastes at which you are so good.

Comment

"I am sure his regret is not that he was not informed but rather that he wasn't given yet another golden opportunity to make money at the expense of the nation."

Ehsan, you need to ask yourself one thing -- did the Kargil fiasco help Pakistan in any way. It only made India's position stronger and isolated Pakistan. So whoever was behind the whole operation (whether Sharif or Musharraf) did India a big favour. In a way Kargil was the best thing to happen to India.

We already appointed an independant commission and the findings were made open to the public in a democratic manner. So nothing is hidden from the public. Your country did not do that.

It doesn't really matter who won or lost -- what matters is who gained the most due to Kargil. If you think that Pakistan gained due to the war or that Pakistan did not lose too many soldiers, then I guess you might be surprised to read the facts.

[This message has been edited by BombayKid (edited June 13, 2000).]

Comment

>>In a way Kargil was the best thing to happen to India.

BK,

It was also the best thing to happen for Pakistan. Fatso Nawaz was exposed as a slimy toad who ran to bare his fat ass in Washington. Crawlint in front of Clinton might suit Monica or Indians judging by the recent trip by Billy to India, but Paks are made of different stuff. That's why Nawaz's fat ass was kicked into the cooler with the support of the proud Pak nation. These are the facts and they are entirely indisputable my brahmin buddy.

Comment

Actually the kargil thing could have been good for us, if the people had played the game properly.
          Nawaz facted it up!!!
          The Kargil issue in my point of view.
          Fighters go in and take control.
          The world goes crazy against pakistan.
          We tell them to mind their own bloody business, this is a sub-continent problem and they should fact off.
          Second we bring up the 1970 Siachen Glacier incident and prove it is a disputed territory.
          Since it is disputed, they and the UN have no jurisdiction and control over the matter.
          Leave it to us.
          Then Pak and IND deal with the issue.
          Ind forces would never have gotten to Kargil if Nawaz hadn't jumped in Clintons bed with monica.
          The forces would have stayed.
          If IND forces, attacked across the border, which they would have under any circumstances, it gave the military a just cause to retailate.
          Thus the military would have attacked and backed the fighters and the land would be under our control, the fighters getting new momemntum from the "victory" and the IND army would be proved inaffective on its own land.
          This would have played out very nicely.
          Of course our leaders are so bloody stupid they can't see it.
          You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Comment

>>Fighters go in and take control.
            The world goes crazy against pakistan<<

India had already dislogded Pakistan from most of the Hills and in couple more weeks would have thrown them out or open another front. As usual you are underestimating India's power.

I agree that the Kargil was the best thing that happened to India. It exposed the true face of Pakistan and made India more vigilant and prepared for future Kargils.

Comment

Rani,
              What do you mean " true face of pakistan"
              I am a Pakistani , happen to love it but dont agree with everything that immature governments do....
              Please dont generalize like that....
              Its not the way to make friends...
              Pakistan governments have done many things Wrong ,,,and I want to know and accept it..
              How about some indian readers here commenting on the Unlawfull, Unprovoked , opportunistic act of aggression commited by indias popular Government( As opposed to primarily military govets of Pak). When they invaded east Pakistan...
              Rules apply universally....And please no intellectualizations..

Comment

Nova,

>>true face of pakistan<<

I meant Pakistani government. Your second question about invading Bangla Desh..., Pakistani army was mistreated civilians and Bangla women. India couldn't possibly stand by and let that happen.

Comment

Rani,
                  I requested for no rationalizations....
                  I dont think I can discuss this with you any further..

Comment

Rani said:-

" Pakistani army was mistreated civilians and Bangla women. India couldn't possibly stand by and let that happen."

- Like the Indian army in Kashmir, Punjab and Nagaland you mean??? True face of India is it? - what goes around comes around dear!

Comment

Nova

>>I requested for no rationalizations....
                      I dont think I can discuss this with you any further..<<

It is interesting how you want to regulate my disscussion....if I don't play by your rules you will not play....well nobody is forcing you to discuss.

Comment

Rani,

"Pakistani army was mistreated civilians and Bangla women. India couldn't possibly stand by and let that happen."

What Pakistan WAS or WAS NOT doing to/with, it's Own Pakistani People, WAS/IS None of India's Business!!!

Pakistan is a SOVEREIGN State with Rights to dealing with it's INTERNAL affairs, Without Interference from an External element/country...

India was Not Bangladesh's Mommy....

Comment

>>India was Not Bangladesh's Mommy<<

Follow your advice and stop interfering in Kashmir and in Afganistan.

Comment

Actually Kashmir is part of Pakistan and it is INDIA who is interfering.

Comment

Kashmir is a disputed territory - not a soverign part of India.
                              If you say it is, live in your dream world.
                              However the 1971 Bangladesh thing was interefering in Pakistans internal business.
                              You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Comment

Working...
                              X