Proud Pakistani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proud Pakistani

What does it mean to be proud and patriotic. In my view its to be true to the vision that was meant for the country. I have noticed often that being critical of the events or policies of one's own country gives them a tag of being disloyal, which is not true.

Yes in some cases, people create trouble by propoganda and brainwashing of people, but in most cases when people question their government or institutions, its due to concern.

To be objective one must open their eyes and question objectively about anything that seems out of whack. Frankly, in Pakistan there are many things that are out of order and unless people question them openly they will not change.

Blind followers is what any regime needs, the politicians have tapped into the emotions and used head games to manipulate masses for too long.

We have to come out of the mindset thatwhatever we do is right, or what we do that could be considered wrong is happening in other places too...

reminds me of what my mum used to tell me when i was a kid and compared my wrong actions or bad behavior to someone elses to show that it was the norm or accepted. and we all must have heard it "if he jumps from a mountain, will you too"

So...if there are wrongdoings in other countries..does that justify us in it as well? My answer is no, and therefore as patriotic as I am, I will continue to question the policies, motives and actions of our politicians, our military and our society.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Fraud yara. I share your sentiments a 100%. I will only add, that while giving our critique to our established way of doing things, we should also look for things that make us better and the aspects of Pakistani life that are intrinsic and gorgeous and priceless. Such as our music, our customs, and our family values.

Comment

I am in complete agreement. Being critical of some aspects of our society and our culture does not take away from the merits that it has and the strengths that exist in any way. We correct whats wrong and preserve and promote whats right..and we are all set.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Working...
      X