America.................

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

America.................

Why do we pakistanis resent america so much......
    WE have been one of the biggest reciepients of aid from them in our region....We love their movies , thir songs, 90% of pakistan wants to move to US....then WHY

5 words that come to mind are: We are bunch of hypocrites.

Comment

the ones who resent America are in Pakistan, I love America and if I ever decide to live in some place other than Pakistan, it would be the US. Who do you say resents America? The maulanas? They are in Pakistan and the love Pakistan. Dont generalize!

Comment

I dont neccesaarly resent america but western culture in the way it has afected other cultures and nations unlike itself

Comment

Nova most people don't resent americans or america.
          They resent the culture.
          Which i do resent also.
          There are some good aspects and others not so good.
          Also when it comes to pakistan, i doubt we resent the country as much as we resent the govt which as played the carrot and donkey trick with us to many times.
          You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Comment

As long as American interference in running of Pakistani affairs is of beneficial value, then no one will resent them.

After all, Pakistanis don't resent the Danes or the Swedes do they?

Comment

Originally posted by ChannMahi:
              5 words that come to mind are: We are bunch of hypocrites.
              two words that come to my mind are "peela school"

it should have been "we are a bunch of hypocrites" ... which we are not.

Either way, the question is valid for most countries is it not?

Anytime a group of people feel that someone is trying to control them, they resent it.
              Why is canada not resented? even though culturally and all it is very similar to US.
              Why dont we hear people getting upset at Australia? But at UK due to its colonial past and mindset.

The dislike is less for the country and its people but more for the government policies.
              Being a bully may be fun, but you never are respected and liked...just feared and loathed.

This reminds me of a rather interesting story about the European Union and US. US demanded that it should have a presence on the Council since so much of its trade is with the EU (EC back then), It was only ended once some european MP mentioned, as soon as they allot us seats in their congress, we will allot them seats here.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Working...
              X