The General.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The General.

Is Mr muhsraf, scraed of fundamentalists, is he ignorant or is is he just plain apathetic.
    we know about the Madrissas all over country, we know about secterian violence, blasphemy law has been restored as , according to mr musharaf it was teh will of ulemas and "ppl".
    What right does he have to talk about teh will of pl...

Hey whats wrong with what he did.
    The people wanted it restored he restored it.
    He is more democratic then our so called "democratically elected" leaders.
    In the last 7 to 8 months alone he has done more for the country than these so called "democratic" leaders have done in 11 years.
    I agree with what he did.
    Mussaraf is the best thing to happen to Pakistan since Zia - Ul -Haq.
    You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Comment

Right! And Zia was the best thing to happen after Tikka.

Comment

Originally posted by CM:
        Hey whats wrong with what he did.
        The people wanted it restored he restored it.
        CM,
        how do you know that people wanted it?
        have you conducted a nationwide voting?
        and don't tell me about polls on the net. they represent a very tiny fraction of the population.

Comment

I agree with CM on everything except his belief that this law is wanted by the people.
          Musharraf is the best leader this country has had in 53 years, and he has done more than the so-called democratic leaders.
          But this so-called 'Blasphemy Law' should be scrapped - it has been used against non-Muslims, Shia and Sunni Muslims not because of any religous insults they may have BUT because of personal quarrels (village land disputes etc).

Hopefully this is only a tactical delay by the general, and he will come back later to rid us of this stupid and evil law!

[This message has been edited by kmailik (edited May 17, 2000).]

Comment

a slight mistake, ZZ.
            Yahya was the best thing before Zia.
            Tikka was before that.

Comment

Originally posted by kmailik:
              Musharraf is the best leader this country has had in 53 years, and he has done more than the so-called democratic leaders.

Hopefully this is only a tactical delay by the general, and he will come back later to rid us of this stupid and evil law!

[This message has been edited by kmailik (edited May 17, 2000).]
              What a confidence!!!
              Even the general won't have such a confidence in himself!
              It will be quite interesting what you people will have to say when this man is overthrown by someone!

------------------
              There is no way to happiness.
              Happiness is the way....

Comment

Do any of you really know all the aspects of the "Blashphemy Law"???
                The answer should be no.
                The law is so misunderstood and twisted by the politicians that the common people don't know what it is any more.
                And as for the law itself - according to writers of the Dawn, The News - the only newspapers i think are worthy or reading - there seems to be an up roar over it by the Ulema.
                Now most of this up roar is a thing the psychotic religious leaders are cooking up.
                But if you don't educated the poor about this law then the political leaders can say what they want.
                I truely hope this is a ploy by the general to look good in the eyes of the West.
                And he will do something about it.
                The next thing he should tackle is the honour killings issue - which is an oxymoron.
                And could someone please clear this up - but i think ZZ is Indian what about Elegancia???
                But i do say he should do what the people want.
                And wasn't there supposed to be a strike on this issue from the 19th to the 21st of this month???

Comment

Pakistanis have been waiting for a massiah and there have been quite a few false calls.
                  Maybe Musharraf is the promised one for the land of the pure. who knows. Hope is eternal, if nothing else.

Comment

Elegancia you seem to have a extreme dislike for your leader - would you care to explain.
                    And please don't come up with crap like the politicans were better than him.
                    If Nawaz Sharif was in control till dec.
                    We would have been on the brink of a civil war.

Comment

ZZ we don't need no "messiah".
                      What we need is a man like Gaddafi.
                      Someone with an fist of Iron to control all the ******* politicans.
                      One with the veiw of the countries prosperity before lining his pockets with money.
                      A fair and just man with the will to develop the country.
                      Mussaraf can do it if he is given time.
                      The 3 year time period is to short.
                      The SC should have given him 5 years from the date of the verdict.
                      SO that he could complete 5 years of work close to the budget evalution period.

Comment

Gaddafi has been good for Libya??? Has Saddam been good for Iraq???
                        Strong, or in other words uncompromising leaders leaders are not good for country. Musharraf is not like Gaddafi. In fact, none of Pakistani leaders is. Pakistani leadership has often been quite innovative. Pakistani diplomacy during 60's when they could manage both US and China is a pointer, thought it has not been realistic.
                        Yet to tell what Musharraf is like. Till now he is retreating on every front which may genrate controversy, whether GST, or mentioning Kemal Ataturk or blasphemy law. Perhaps, he is not sure of his grip on power. We do not know how he will be when he develops grip, if he does.

Comment

ZZ - are you not the one who thinks that 50 years of DEMOCRATIC rule by congress in India was such a big mistake i.e the one that is responsible for making Indian bottom of the heap in Asia? - some confidence in your democracy!
                          AND ARE YOU NOT THE ONE WHO THINKS THAT A GOVERNMENT HEADED BY THE DESTROYERS OF BABRI MASJID IS A GOOD ONE! - or have they like Musharraf backtracked on their deeds and promises??

Comment

kmalik, dont assume things. i have not criticized musharraf. all i said is that what we have seen in last six months, he does not have any achievement. however, six months is a short time and one can wait and watch. but there has been nothing to suggest that 'ye hi hain right choice, baby, aha'

Comment

Little facts and figures of Libya.
                              There is no unemployment in Libya - i know has i have had friends who have lived there.
                              It is as developed as Cairo - which is like a paradise city in Africa.
                              EU and US companies are scrambling to get it.
                              It is ahot investment oppurunity.
                              Libya is self-sufficient in food and natural resource production.
                              It has developed its own oil based industry which can compete in the world market - it is not a infant industry.

If Mussaraf can do something along those lines we would be in a very strong position.
                              But the time frame is to short.
                              Also ZZ are you from India - if so why do you hold Mussaraf in such high regard.

KMailik there is no need to go personal on this board.
                              Everybody has different opinions.
                              ZZ has every right to say what he wants.
                              You also have evey right to say what you want but lets not get abusive here ok???

Comment

Working...
                              X