My request to the moderator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My request to the moderator

Sabah I would like to request you to kindly take action against news articles on Gupshup, especailly in the political affairs. One comes here to read peoples thoughts and usually all you find by some people is links to sites providing false and stupid propaganda against Pakistan. It has been alot since the past fews days. You know who I am talking about. I would be much obliged if you could do something about this.

Maybe the moderators love propaganda and false reports against Pakistan. LOL

------------------
    Sarfraz Khan

Comment

Ali

Thanks for your suggestion Ė should we hear what others think about this also? Some time ago, someone suggested that such propaganda should be allowed for two reasons, one, we can defend our selves, second this helps us to see how our neighbors see us.
      Anyway, I welcome a debate on this Ė if none has anything to say Iíll form something in-between freedom of speech and what can or should be tolerated.

Atif,
      BewakoofiyooN ka koi dereena record toRne ka iradah ha kya?

Saba

Comment

Sabah - I agree with AliBeta and Atif in their general argument, BUT I welcome the chance to expose the evil hypocrisy of our neighbours and their supporters.

You may have noticed that I successfully employed the use of stastics and back-up articles to prove two great Indian lies recently. I have successfully proved we are richer than India (and not worse off because of Kashmir), AND that they have no right to lecture us on 'honour killings'. Plus I have avoided criticising their religion, DESPITE their continued insults against Islam - it shows OUR tolerance and better character.

WE WILL STOUTLY DEFEND ISLAM AND OUR NATION BUT IF WE STOOP TO THEIR LEVEL, WE ARE AS BAD AS THEM...

[This message has been edited by kmailik (edited May 15, 2000).]

Comment

kmailik zindabad

thanks for making everything into a who's-better-who's-worse fight.

your "use" of statistics includes ignoring contradictory figures presented by others. if you care to rack your brains a wee bit, it was you who turned a normal "india-pakistan against US" discussion into your "tamil ealem in india" nonsense with one sudden out-of-the-blue extremely outside context post. i better remind you of the much more popular and very-much-there movements in your own country, and you'd better poke your nose there. you got no right blah blah blah.. get it?
          Simple ain't easy.

Comment

Saba writes:

Atif,
            BewakoofiyooN ka koi dereena record toRne ka iradah ha kya?

Saba

---------------------

Saba,

I want you to refrain from making those sort remarks against as you use the above line for the 3rd time now. Or otherwise prove to me that I'm a bewaqoof. Okay!

Remember, when it comes to abuse people/things, mine has no bounds. You all know that.
            --------------
            Defending agaist propanganda? You want me to understand that I'm in court to defend myself just because of some Mr. X's vivid imaginations. Some people just come in here to keep us busy for trivial things while they themselves might be doing the right things for themselves. Its a good strategy to keep people off-track from real problems.

If you want to know what someone thinks about ourselves, then he/she has to prove scientifically.

I think you better start from reading the Agreement of the forum every session before moderating it.

From now on, you will be under fire constantly.

So long...

------------------
            Sarfraz Khan

Comment

Phewwwww!!...... Sabah, good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Atif Khan:
                Maybe the moderators love propaganda and false reports against Pakistan. LOL

Atif

I read your post to saba with interest. If you continue making false swooping statements like the one above, you will get similar replies.

Our moderators are volunteers that are giving their free time to this site.

Statements such as yours have no place or value.

[This message has been edited by X2 (edited May 15, 2000).]
                Your friendly neighbourhood fraudiya loafer luccha lufanga awara ayaash aubaash ghunda badmaash man

Comment

X2,

Yeah, if that is your attitude(the one you reflected in your above post), then you will also get a chain reaction from me and others. But we don't have the code to ban moderators while they are in breach of this forum's agreement while they ban us immediately.

Then you shouldn't ask us to sign the agreement and we all can go on our own. What you think, X2?

------------------
                  Sarfraz Khan

Comment

If I made a false statement, then why don't you prove me wrong.

Who says, your statement against me has any value or place?

Comment

Oh yes! Another thing, if the moderators don't get money, thats not my problem.

We also don't get money this site when we come here, spend our time, energy etc.

Any justification or rationale?

Comment

Atif

There have been numerous moderators that have been let go in past due to their inability to manage bulletin boards.

The fact here is that you made a broad sweeping statement that was not only inaccurate but also inflamatory by questioning the motives of all moderators.

At a previous time, not only was action taken as in editing a certain post that you had raised concerns about, but I had also informed you at that point that since moderators are not on 24/7 sometimes things slip by and to be mindful of that.

My reason for bringing up the volunteer positions of all moderators was to impress upon you that these people have lives beyond this website, including family and work commitments and if something questionable does slip by, it would be appropriate to keep this fact in mind when bringing a concern to their attention.

Its for that reason that email addresses of all moderators are public so you can address them privately and pass any item of an important nature through email. general politeness is always appreciated.

Rest assured that any complaints get reviewed by the admins team. Any concerns brought up by members regarding moderation, policies and suggestions are discussed and appropriate action taken.

If you have any further questions, you are free to contact me at [email protected].

Your friendly neighbourhood fraudiya loafer luccha lufanga awara ayaash aubaash ghunda badmaash man

Comment

X2, I have analyzed your last post carefully. Anything will be crushed mercilessly which comes my way. The inferno stands and will be executed mindstoppingly.

I'm Sarfraz Khan

Comment

tobah, topic kahan say kahan puhunch jaata hay?! Anyway Sabah, thanks for replying so fast. Lekin the question still remains what measures you are going to take this problem! I always welcome a healthy arguement especailly when the other person is willing to listen and reason, but I have seen that usually the thing with most gupoos is that they come here with an attitude main sahi aur baaqi sab pagal. Or there are people like Miyan realpaki who come with changed nicks writing idiocity. Or then there are people ( aik he banda hay and you know who) who has no arguement and just lame links. I think this should be stopped.

Comment

Ali
                              Once again thanks for your suggestion Ė Pehli baat, all of our members are equally respected, Indians included. So basically whatever we can read on the net can be posted here, if it doesnít go against TOPPís policies (and mine). Lekin of course there are limits to everything. However I and hopefully you too believe that we are capable of defending our selves, here and in real life. No one is saying anything that we wonít hear in real life, right.

Anyway, Iíll see what I can do, or what I should do, without ítellingí some of our members that they shouldnít be here Ė coz thatís definitely not what we want! Whether we like it or not we learn a lot from eachother.

Kmailik

Yep, those are amongst the best discussions we have had in weeks, thanks a lot. Lekin those discussions wouldnít have been here agar ZZ / Queer or Dhir yahaN na hote.

Atif

Thatís actually second time Ė third was on mail if Iím not wrong. Anyway you should know ke dhamkis etc donít really bother me. You have better chances to convince other or me by talking to us.
                              And I donít want you to understand anything Ė we discuss things this way, you like it good, if not make it better or find a better place for your self - itís really that simple.

As for how I should moderate this place, as said before Iíll ask for your guidness when I need it Ė and till I do that donít waste your words on me. As for chain reactions, donít bother, only one click on a stupid button can clean the mess.

Now wanna share the real problem with us?

KK, aap baat maan jaate to kya tha

Comment

Working...
                              X