Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pakistan...Land of the PURE...A failing state...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pakistan...Land of the PURE...A failing state...

We , The pakistanis have been bestowed with enormous capacity of self delusion...Al mighty obviously knew where we will take the country and how badly we will need it.
    I want to share my opinion about pakistan's current situation, and possible future...please prove me wrong , cause I love this country.
    Before we start judging pakistan's current state , lets first decide what A ocuntry should be...
    Its a very broad question and an equally broad answer would be that, The primary measure of the sucess of a country would be satisfaction of her ppl. What do humans need to lead a satified life...well, we all need protection of our lives , property and dignity...And once these bases are secure , we need an atmosphere , where our talents can be shrpened , and then used for the benefit of the whole society, and inreturn for that each individual gets his basic needs met.
    Country takes up the responsibility, to shape the future of the ocuntry so that it continues to meet these basic goals, and prosper as much as it can.
    Human beings are different genetically and developmentally from one another...their aspirations , goals and talents are different, and so are their doubts and fears...given that it becomes important , that each individual gets the space he/she needs to express,and pursue what is happiness for him. Thats where freedom comes in....
    So , a country , needs to provide security, justice( standardized), freedom , and opportunity to first develop( through , education and training) and then utilize talents...( through , provision of policies that favour growth)..In addition it is responsible to develop longterm policies aimed at continuation and improvement of above....It also has to develop a foreign policy , again aimed atmeeting the above mentioned goals...
    Now where do we stand today...
    Pakistan does not provide security, as evindenced by extremely corrupt police force , and a decaying judicial syatem. Lack of freedom and poor foreign policies have caused development of armed mobs , on surface belonging to ideological groups and involved in pure terrorism. Further compromising security.
    Lack of freedom , does not allow any outlet of frustration or platform for early recognition of brewing problems, with resulting regression of ppl , resulting in emergence of ethnic and religious groups..Not to mention blocking the avenues for pursuit of individual happiness..
    Sharpening of Talents needs education , and training...We are all aware of the extremely poor standard of education available to average pakistani....and this goes all the way up to professional colleges and universities...When we cant train someone , we have an poorly skilled individuals good for nothing but with all the human needs....and when pushed enough , ready to break laws, as evidenced by the crime rate ...
    we have not done any longterm planning...at present 40% of pakistani population is under 20 , uneducated and unskilled for teh most part, with no hope of a fair life.....Our foreign policies have led to isolation and economic deterioration..
    There is no reason to believe that things wont keep on deteriorating as they are...We havnt even accepted that somehting is wrong...let alone recognizing and changing policies..
    Pakistan today is a failing state...I would hate to speculate where it would go in 50 yrs..

What we need is water and food! Forget the rest ones. They are simply the byproducts. If we don't do it now, we will be sorry at a later stage.

------------------
    Sarfraz Khan

Comment

I think this is all B.S.

We are a lot better off today, than we were 50 years ago (despite the efforts of our 'wanna be super power' neighbour). As far as corruption is concerned, it stems from poverty. Thus, eliminate poverty and the corruption will be gone.

Comment

Nova,

It is a bitter fact Pakistan had already proved a failed state when its major portion broke away in 1971. It is most unfortunate that what Quaid had thought in 1947 about the safe haven for Muslims and non-Muslims proved opposite to his vision.

Pakistan already a failed state purely living on artificial life support of aid from World Bank, IMF, blessing of Uncle Sam and so called "Kashmir Problem". The moment these supports are withdrawn, it will crumble like dry sand. Why? because lack of estabilished institutions even after lapse of more than fifty years.

FARID

Comment

~

[This message has been edited by Dehatan (edited May 18, 2000).]

Comment

I cant buy the statement that Tow Nation Theory has failed because of the lost of East Pakistan. The people who thinks like that must see Bangladesh is not a part of India, still a muslim country.
            As far as failing state is concerned we expect from muslims and Pakistan each and every one of us to be pure and perfect. the fact is as a human there is variations in attitude. Muslim thing gives us a way of life not every one follows it. If you dont follow your bliefs that has to do with yourself not the blief.
            Dont be passimistic by looking things wrong perhaps all these things are part of evolution.

He who does not expect much of a friend is a best friend.

Comment

best from Pakistan has yet to come!

Comment

Strange! Everyone tries to label Pakistan as creep, while at the same time its much talked and much feared country on planet Earth. LOL

------------------
                Sarfraz Khan

Comment

SJS,

Breakup of Pakistan in 1971 is itself a failure of two nation theory which perhaps is afterthought or self created theory of opportunists. Whether it is a part of India or separte state, does not matter. Sad part is that former East Pakistan was major portion of Pakistan which has now separated.

FARID

Comment

Farid ji,

Just want to tell you, I find your relentless efforts to keep up the "Unbiased" outlook regarding East Pakistan amazing....

"Amazing" because some of my very own relatives, sway back and forth, and sometimes more towards....

I was reading a old thread, where someone was inquiring if you were a Bengali...!!, for writing these posts, laugh!

Also, when you say,

"Sad part is that former East Pakistan was major portion of Pakistan which has now separated." - that's the bottom line.....

[This message has been edited by Dehatan (edited April 11, 2000).]

Comment

Originally posted by Atif Khan:
                      Strange! Everyone tries to label Pakistan as creep, while at the same time its much talked and much feared country on planet Earth. LOL
                      All the developed countries and most the developing country of the size of Pakistan qualify the definition of whether they have the capability to become much talked and much feared country.
                      The question here is the reasons for them being so. Pakistan indeed is much talked abut and much feared but for wrong reasons, which I take it for granted that you must be knowing but will be hesitant to admit, why boast over this. Is this much talked and much feared country developing also or not.

Comment

Farid, While I agree that it was a sad episode that east Pakistan broke away and it si shameful that we ourselves were the culprits, I do however disagree that this disapproves the two nation theroy. It in fact strengthens the two nation theory as East Pakistan decided to become a seperate nation rather than merge back with India.

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan:
                          I do however disagree that this disapproves the two nation theroy. It in fact strengthens the two nation theory as East Pakistan decided to become a seperate nation rather than merge back with India.
                          It disapproves of the two nation theory as it was based on the presumption that muslims cannot live harmoniously with Hindus and thus want a separate land of their own, which they will be calling as Pak-istan. But it proves out to be that religion is not the reason enough for a country to stay together, or in other words, it is not a reason enough for a separate country. And then calling it Pak-istan, as if the remaining part of India will be the one which is na-Pak, and that too coming out of the people who were sons of the soil, is like calling your mother na-Pak. Just because some people happen to change religion does not make it napakland for others who are not following suit.

Comment

Dehatan,

Very few people in this forum actually know that what happened in 1971 that caused the separation. Perhaps I am the only one in this forum who tried to bring up the root cause of separation. It requires a lot of courage and honesty to accept the fault and try not to repeat it again. Unfortunately the true events which lead to break up were never been officially recorded. What ever recorded is either incorrect or biased. People who were born after 1971 will never know the facts. When you think that you are always right chances of any improvement are bleak.

Religion may be one of the reasons for unification of communities. History has proved that, it is not the only reason there are other reasons which are more related to humanity, freedom of thoughts, tolerating people who speak different language or having different culture, equal rights for every one, can create much superior bondage than religion itself.

FARID

Ehsan,

I agree with you regarding fault of West Pakistan in break up of the country but that is not enough. You have also to accept that it was also failure of two nation theory. Religion can not be the only reason for unification. It requires toleration and respect for each which create a sense of real brother hood.

FARID

Comment

Farid ji,

Shukria and Exactly my point when you say,

"It requires a lot of courage and honesty to accept the fault and try not to repeat it again."

Bengalis Mir Jaffars, Bengalis kaalays, Bangalans Deserved to be Raped..!!!! Enough...

However, I also want to respectfully say, that in NO way are the West Pakistanis, "Single Handedly" responsible for this break up....

To SJS's statement,

"The people who thinks like that must see Bangladesh is not a part of India, still a muslim country."

It is true, that Bangladesh is a country where the majority of the population is Muslim,
                              and "proper" Muslims too, unlike the contrary belief held by some Pakistanis.
                              And, that you can hear the Mu'azzam's call for prayers....

However, Bangladesh is NOT a Muslim country...

It is a People's Republic, a Secular state and not a part of the nucleus that Jinnah Saheb dreamed of.

And to ehsan's statement,

"East Pakistan decided to become a seperate nation rather than merge back with India."

You are correct about East Pakistan deciding to become a "seperate nation", and that it did not technically, "merge back with India",

However, Sadly, it is NO LESS than an annex of India.....

Zee tv dominates the socio-cultural scene,
                              while, under the leadership of Khala Hasina, who happens to be the star pupil of the school of Indian Politics, the economy/industries, subtly, serve the needs of India...

When Jinnah saheb, first approached Gandhi with the proposal of a separate Muslim country, (paraphrasing),
                              Gandhi exclaimed that he, Gandhi, would agree to be cut into two pieces, but never would he allow India to be cut in to two....

Based on the current situations, I think both Pakistan and Bangladesh, should congratulate themselves for doing such an excellent job in providing India with the last laugh.

The saying "united we stand, divided we fall", may sound like an overused one, but in feel it may hold some truth in the way "we" dealt with "our", "personal" Issues..

Given the acumen of the current generation, I can't begin to imagine what a United Pakistan would have looked like...

Comment

Working...
                              X