Imran Khan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imran Khan

Do you guys think Imran Khan is a capable and suitable candidate to run the country if elections are held and he is elected?

A very good cricketer , no doubt...
    And a very good captain,too.

But, its different to run a 16-members squad who are ready to give their best under you & to run a nation of some crores who may not be willing to cooperate!

No, I don't think Imran will make a good PM.
    I mean, he has the deep patriotic urge inside him, but he won't last long in the politics.

------------------
    There is no way to happiness.
    Happiness is the way....

Comment

all I gotta say is Jemima would make one fine first lady! haha! the youth of Pakistan would be interested in Politics more!

Comment

AliBeta,

Tauba tauba, khuda ka khauf kijiye!

Akhir iss Jemima gori koa apni Farast Lady banaa nay kaa iraada...*frown*

Accha, accha, ye Politiks kee lady haiN, tab toa koyee baat naheeN, shaukh say banaiiye, although, I doubt her husband has too much more than looks and cricket skills...

Comment

Well..he deserves a chance atleast

------------------
          Who says nothing is impossible? I've been doing nothing all my life!

Comment

God forbid that Imran Khan should be the next P.M. of Pakistan! Not because he is married to Jemima and that fact that she is half-Jewish - I don't that should be a factor. But because Imran Khan has a huge ego, is a complete hypocrite and a two-faced lier, and despite his cricketing record he is not a team player.

He is very ambitous, and would like to be P.M. even if the people don't vote for him - remember in the dying days of Nawaz Sharif's government in late September 1999, when he swanned of to the US State department, in the hope that the American's would not object to him becoming caretaker P.M.!

Thank God the people of Pakistan were wise ebough to give him a tiny amount of votes in the last election. This man is very much like BB (and Nawaz) - he supported Nawaz when BB was PM, and then turned against him and held hands with the PPP-led GDA alliance!
            In Pakistan he talks about Islam, the secondary role of women, and how the tribal system of FATA is suited the rest of Pakistan. While in London he becomes a liberal, alchol swilling, disco dancing playboy - this is not the Imran Khan of before BUT TODAY - you should read the society pages of London newspapers. He is seen mixing with liberal-Jewish money barons and other illiberal people.

We need a third force in the country which is a a party or movement with differing economic and social beliefs, but one which is an alliance of Patriotic interests.

Comment

Imran is certainly a person who is committed to the cause. But being a great Cricket Captain and
              a good National Leader are two different things. Granted, since the majority of all our national leaders have so far been morons - Imran could`nt be all that bad. Yet, I
              think his drawback is his lack of experience in administrative positions, outside of cricket. Maybe he should consider taking up a care taker position in the government to prove that he has what it takes.

If Imran can counter his lack of experience as well as show that he is willing to listen to the people who work for him - people who are experts in their respective areas and not the chamchas that hang around Bhutto and Sharif - then he should be given a chance and he`ll get my vote.

------------------

Laterz,
              ManiaX.

Comment

He has no clue about Governance and Administration. Oxford degrees are no substitute for grassroots involvement and local movements to make changes. The problem with Pakistani is not lack of potential leaders, but with the uneven distribution of influence by contentious forces. Army and Feudal Lords yield over 90% of power (and wealth) and the populace is left pretty much empty handed without any power to negotiate.

Whoever becomes a leader, will need to learn how to deal with powerbrokers. It is not an easy job, and Imran Khan is only a little kid.

Ideally, an Ahmadi should be PM of Pakistan.

Comment

Hey NYA....what has religion got to do with being a good leader ? Whether its an Ahmedi or someone else is of little importance. The guy should be good -- thats all that matters !! As far as Imran is concerned, he can't be any worse than the people who've ruled so far. In any case, I guess Pakistanis don't even want a democratic system -- they seem to be happy with the army rulers. I've seen very few people who've critisized the army. They can do nothing wrong in your eyes. Personally I can't see how even a democratically elected leader be effective in a system where the army can throw him out if they choose to. The whole idea of an army chief running the country is ridiculous --- so why not Imran ??!!

Comment

I hear you all. I think I should have used the words comparatively or relative to the breed of politicians available right now.

So in that scenario, comparing with names like Nawaz Sharif, B. Bhutto (even though there chances of coming back are limited at this point, but for simplicity's sake, let's keep them there), and others do you find Imran Khan to be a better shot?

[This message has been edited by Roman (edited April 13, 2000).]

Comment

He looks inexperienced & unable to cope with the hardcore politics.

But you really can't compare him with BB or Nawaz or Musharraf or anybody for that matter.
                      He is absolutely fresh in politics & we don't have a clue how he will do as an administrator.

And the most important, it all depends on what the General thinks!

------------------
                      There is no way to happiness.
                      Happiness is the way....

Comment

Sahibzada Yaqoub Khan, come back....you rock.
                        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

it is difficult to judge someone if he has not been a ruler in some capacity. imran has not even been chief minister.
                          but perception before someone takes power could be completely wrong when he takes it. Indira gandhi was called 'gungi gudia' by lohia before she came to power. Rajiv Gandhi was 'Mr. Clean' and Gandhi family is stil busy washing off Bofors kick backs. VP Singh was 'principled politician' who did not mind setting fire of casteism when his chair was threatened. there are plenty of examples..
                          Imran could end up more competent than people suspect. Afterall, Ronald Reagan was not very cerebral, but perhaps one of most successful presidents. Clinton is one of most brainy presidents.. does not have any noteworthy success to his credit. A right combination of luck, personality, good speech writers could make him click.

Comment

Well, compared to the current politicians that we have...Imran would probably be a stronger candidate than I previously suggested. However, that said - another problem with Imran is that it would be very difficult for him to get elected because of the two party system in Pakistan as well as the novices in his party. His party has yet to establish itself even at the Local Bodies level despite the fact that they`ve been around for few years now.

I think Imran's best shot is to take up a position in the current establishment and position himself as an Independent candidate with support from both parties since no one will ever vote for Bhutto and Sharif as PM again.

Just a thought.

------------------

Laterz,
                            ManiaX.

Comment

One of the things I personally find in Imran Khan, as a personality trait posing an edge over the comparative politicians, is his ability of analysis and reflection on different matters.

I have never felt, watching Nawaz Sharif or Bhutto speaking, that they really knew what they were talking about. Their reflections have always been sugar coated political jargons and statements, with little meaning behind them.

Imran Khan seems, to me, somebody who talks at least what he thinks. I don't know how much this quality be of any use to survive in Pakistani politics, but I definitely find it one of the basic characteristics in a leader. A leader who is aware of what his/her vision is and how it interprets into present situation of the country.

Comment

Working...
                              X