Clinton's visit & Sharif

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clinton's visit & Sharif

Will Bill Clinton's decision to visit Pakistan or his actual visit change the judgement Nawaz Sharif is going to get?
    I think the US will try that he does not get the capital punishment.

Elegancia, I think Bill Clinton shouldn't intervene in Pakistan's domestic judicial issues. However, it's Pakistani government's responsiblity to cater Sharif with a fair trial and deserved punishment.
    My opinion is that Sharif wasn't personally invloved in the hijacking, therefore his life should be spared...

[This message has been edited by outlaw (edited March 21, 2000).]

Comment

domestic judicial matters.. after making judges take oath under new constitution and changing law to make case firm and then stealing all documents of prosecution.
      on positive note.. 13 judges refused to take oath under new constitution. that looks better than indian judges behaved during emergency.

Comment

ZZ, mhoon chango nah hoyi teh gall change karne chahide..
        First teach enuff discipline to your own army so that its troops don't go out and start gunning down their own..

Comment

haha! good one Outlaw.
          According to my opinion, Nawaz Shareef, Shehbaz Shareef and BEnazir should be called back from England convincing her with a false sense of security and then hung right along with Javed Iqbal infront of Minar E Pakistan, as there rule has brought nothin but destruction. Zia was in this too, but woh to Allah ko pyaara ho he gaya. After Ayub we never had leaser who was was sincere to PAkistan till now.

Comment

Originally posted by outlaw:
            ZZ, mhoon chango nah hoyi teh gall change karne chahide..
            Je sachai kadawi howey ta wi nigal lany chahidi ae. ZZ has only shown you the mirror now if you hate the face it is not his fault.

[This message has been edited by dhir (edited March 22, 2000).]

Comment

back to the track;
              will clinton's visit affect the judgement mr. sharif is going to get?

------------------
              There is no way to happiness.
              Happiness is the way....

Comment

Catptain I beg to differ with you, I believe that Sharif should be given a clear shot at defending himself. He is being tried on hijacking charges, and focus should stay within the parameters of the evidence, excluding all the irrelevent business of politics.
                Elegancia, I think Bill Clinton might suggest the same thing to Gen Musharraf.. and my prediction is that Sharif won't get the death penalty , that could lead to furhter enarchy and division among civillians. Musharraf is a
                hawkish type of guy.. he realizes this fact and won't blunder on this sensitive issue.

Comment

Sharif may have made some bad decisions in handling his deal with Musharraf. But the details are still sketchy, I honestly believe that They both knew each others plan i.e. nawaz knew that musharraf was planning a coup and musharraf knew that Nawaz was going to remove him. So it was a mad dash to see who wins.

Was Sharif a crooked politician, yes, but does he need to be hanged for the whole plane fiasco? I dont think so. Because by constitution Musharraf can be tried on numerous charges himself.

Nawaz should be tried, but it should be based upon corruption in his govrnment, not this mickey mouse hijacking crap.
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Elegancia,

Why not. If Clinton wants Nawaz Sharif be dealt as you suggested, believe me no one in Pakistan, has guts to oppose Uncle Sam. SOB, Ayub Khan listened to Uncle Sam and he converted a won war in to defeat. Another SOB, Yahya Khan, gave East Pakistan to India with the blessing of Uncle Sam. Yet another SOB, self style Amirul Mominin, Ziaul-Haq involved country in Russian war to kiss the ass of Uncle Sam. Though he was killed in mid air, gave country the gifts of terrorism, guns and drugs. It is a historical fact that Pakistani leaders accept more the authority of Uncle Sam than God Himself. (Sorry for being so direct.)

FARID

Comment

i believe Farid, all this talk of rulers converting won wars into defeats is basically done to keep the morale of the army and the nation. however, at least 35 years after the wars, more objectivity should emerge.
                      i am often asked why do indians care who ruules pakistan, dictaors or democracy, why should indians care? indians care because two democracies rarely go for war. whichever war u remember, it is often between two dectatorships or dectatorship and democracy. leaders who want to be elected again do not want to risk a war where they might lose. and they know taht even if they win war, they may lose electikon like churchill did, if losses are heavy. kargil did not help Vajapayee. but definitely troubled sharif. waging wars does not help politicians and democracy is a big buffer.

Comment

ZZ

Comment

Working...
                        X