NY cops and Diallo...what a shame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NY cops and Diallo...what a shame

I know I am a bit late in posting this, but the morons got aquitted...41 friggin bullets and the stupid jurors dont see anything that was wrong with that picture...aquitted of all charges.

The officers claimed that Diallo was acting suspiciously and looking around furtively—perhaps because he was being followed by four plainclothesmen in an unmarked car.

The fact is that 41 bullets are a bit too much to fire on a "suspect" who was "acting" in a "suspicious manner"

These guys are not getting as much as a slap on the wrist. Even if it was an honest mistak eon their part it just shows Rambo mentality to shoot first and check later. This says something about the training of these morons and their ability to be good policemen.

What a shame...Shame on New York and Shame on the Jury.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Add to this the fact that one of the aquitted officers, Kenneth Boss, was also involved in the killing of Patrick Bailey in 1997, in which another unarmed man was shot 27 times in Brooklyn.

Lightning strikes twice, or is there something fundamentally wrong with this picture.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Yeah it was really sad, but then these things do happen. And the jury consisted of a sizable number of blacks. One also needs to look at what happened during the OJ trial. So sometimes the courts do seem to look into favor the guilty party !

Comment

Well. I think I can say a lot about this issue as I live here, and I have seen the issue of Police Brutality on more than a few occasions since I moved to this city.

It is very sad, and the issue at table is not the cops, but the racial profiling and lack of sensitivity training of the NYPD. The cops are not acquitted in the criminal matter, and the local authorities have no jurisdictions to try them again on criminal charges (even in the federal courts), but “civil” charges can be brought up against the cops (and the Police Dept) in the fed courts. In fact, there is protest today in DC against police brutality. Looking at it purely from Legal point of view, the prosecution will have very hard time getting a conviction, because they will have to prove that the cops had an intention to kill Mr. Diallo before they got at the scene. That’s what the Law is.

But it is very sad, and cases like these happen every day in this city. Police Department needs to overhaul its training for the officers. The current regime (Giuiliani administration) is not very sensitive to minority’s issues and hopefully they will be kicked out in the next elections.

Comment

It is a shame that everybody was acquitted after shooting 41 bullets. This case tells you a lot about US justice system and its treatment of minorities.

In my opinion police has lot more power liberal use of weapons and very little accountability. Another example of code of silence in police force, nobody within the organisation dare to expose the racists.

[This message has been edited by Rani (edited March 02, 2000).]

Comment

To add to this. I was watching local news and this is what cops have done here in the last 2 weeks.

one cop stole a credit card off a dead woman and used it for a shopping spree and was caught on video at Target or TJMAxx.

She is not fired yet and thrown in prison, but is suspended.

four cops stole stuff from a convenience store, realized it was on tape, stole the tape..and left. The only vindication for the arab american owner was that he had another machine recording from the video camera as well.

These clowns were "re-assigned" ....ummmmm what the hell.

What about the Los Angeles cops..and the whole immigration story.

The fact is that Police gets away with too much. Especially in the case of minorities.
            The american cops with their shiny cars and bikes are nothing more than desi tulla thugs.

And desi tullas atleast have economic pressures on them. These cops make more money than many fresh college grads.

Diallo case is just a picture of what is going on at large.

Where is ACLU when they are needed.

Comment

Working...
            X