Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change Our National Flag

To a less tackier and secular one

Does anyone else not think the Muslim League flag (Green field with crescent and star) looks nicer than the flag we currently have? The only difference is the white bar to the left but that makes it look so tacky, the national flag does not need to have any religious symbolism attached to it, we don’t need to represent our country’s religious differences on our flag.

The crescent and star obviously have nothing to do with Islam, the crescent symbolises progress whilst the star represents light and knowledge. All Muslim clerics have said the crescent and star has nothing do with Islam.

The only part of the flag with religious connotations is the colored fields (the green represents the Muslims and the white represents the non-Muslims), wouldn’t it be better if we got rid of the white field and change the meaning of the green field so that the green doesn’t just represent Muslims anymore but instead something neutral? A new meaning to which all Pakistanis regardless of religion can identify, such as our fertile land, mother nature, purity (it is after all Land of the Pure), azaadi [freedom/independence over (British) imperialism] and many other secular meanings, whilst we’re at it the really remorsely dark hue should be banned and a brighter green should be favoured.
    Last edited by Faruk Khan; Mar 13, 2006, 12:16 PM.

Re: Change Our National Flag

This is the flag I suggest, maybe in a lighter and brighter shade.

Comment

It's ok the way it is I think. Changing it would be too much of a hassle.

BTW, other Pakistan Flags:
      Youth is wasted on the young.

Comment

My friend our country is not secular according to our constitution it is an islamic one so firstly the constitution would have to be changed.whether we dont have a real islamic society or not we are an islamic republic atleast the constitution says so.

About the white part not there in our flag people have different views on it some will say that obviously it gives some representation to the minorities and if someone in the minority feels that their representation which was shown in the flag is not there.It is just like separate and joint electorate for the minorities.we have a joint electorate now but no party will give its ticket to a minority candidate for the general seat.So one colour would not neccesarily integrate.

After 71 when east pakistan became bangladesh they changed their flag and now it has the green field and red disc.So there map resembles japan more than any other country.If flag proposed by you will be adopted by our people than our Map will look more like turkey but the red in their flag represents blood of the people in the building their nation.Yeah green colour can give meaning like fertile land etc

Comment

Pakap you forgot the other two important flags of pakistan

Comment

Syed bhai Insha Allah our country will always be Islamic, I'm not recommending a flag change because of ideology but because the pre-partition Muslim League flag looks prettier.

I only suggested we give the green background secular connotations instead because that will satisfy the politically correct types, if we said the green field should represent Muslims or Islam it wont go down well with them because they'll want the minorities to be represented on the flag too.

Comment

Originally posted by Faruk Khan
              .....wouldn’t it be better if we got rid of the white field and change the meaning of the green field so that the green doesn’t just represent Muslims anymore but instead something neutral?
              Oh Baboo! Why to do tamasha (drama or theater play) of flag coloring or de-coloring?

If you are so roiled against the treatments of minorities, hit the Hadood baby. Hit the hadood hard.

Shout, and cry until these draconian laws a throwback to the cave ages are burned in the square.

Close down Mad-house-russahs (oopps Madrassahs) and delete the verses that condemn the Shias, Ahmadis, and Christians.

Now that's the real stuff.

Then keep the flag colors or change them to red-white-and-blue. Whoe the heck cares!

Decorate your drawing room with yellow or magenta. Just treat the minorities fairly.
              Mullahs are lying and our soldiers dying!

Comment

This is the flag I suggest, maybe in a lighter and brighter shade.
                ^ What will the difference in the flags between Turkey and pakistan then?

Wastage of forum bandwidth!

Comment

OBL’s Aunty, yaar meri balaa se tum aur tumhari minorities jahanum raseed ho jao, mein to sirf Muslim League waaley jhandey ko justify kar raha tha.

Soomro, yaar the crescent and star on the Turkish flag is a completely different shape, size and angle and of course their background is red.

tmx305 lol baat karta hai badtameezi ki!!! meri jaan ghussey kiyon ho rahey ho? Lagta hai ham doosrey waaley thread mein aaap ki dukhti rag pe qadam rakh gaey, sorry uss din mera mood off tha.

Syedpk, ur right yaar that's who i was referring to, the crown and lion on the flag looked British so I assumed it was from when the Brit guy was still governor general, Mad Scientist mentioned in an older thread that the Brit guy was governor general of Pakistan even till sum time after independence. I wouldn’t talk of Baba-e-Qaum like that, he’s my hero.

Pak Brave bhai naa aap loag hamein apna maantey ho aur na hi angrez, ham jaaen to kahaan jaaen?

Comment

Syedpk, ur right yaar that's who i was referring to, the crown and lion on the flag looked British so I assumed it was from when the Brit guy was still governor general, Mad Scientist mentioned in an older thread that the Brit guy was governor general of Pakistan even till sum time after independence. I wouldn’t talk of Baba-e-Qaum like that, he’s my hero.
                    No, you got it wrong. Pakistan's first Governor-General was Jinnah, and Pakistan only had native Pakistani Governor-Generals after that until our politicians could agree on a constitution and the Islamic Republic of Pakistan was proclaimed in 1956.

Until 1956, the legal position of Pakistan's Governor-Generals was that they they acted on behalf of the Pakistani King (and later Queen), who was resident in the UK and unable to take part in the governance of Pakistan.

In 1956, the monarchy of Pakistan was replaced with the presidency, and so a with the head of state now present inthe country, the position of governor-general was no longer needed.

An interesting side note to this was the fact that for a few days in May 1953, the guards at Buckingham Palace were Pakistani soldiers.
                    Muslims are so good at dividing that they can divide the atom. If you see two Muslims, probably they belong to 3 parties.
                    Al-Ghazali

Comment

its ok man, i thought u were referring to quiad, thats why i got mad...
                      Balochistan is the most denied city in Pakistan by the government - Kabuli Commie

Comment

All else aside, how many think the Pakistani flag is (of all things) tacky...?
                        It's one of the world's most sober, unique and easily identifiable flags.
                        I think it's great the way it is.
                        http://www.flags.net/PAKS.htm
                        http://www.house.gov/pitts/images/04...ce-flag-hq.jpg

Comment

^^^ I agree, there is no change in the country to change the flag. there are other things to be done in the country apart from this. the one we have looks great and simple.

lets say white represent the non muslim minority. even if you remove it the crescent has always been an islamic symbol. so it will not be secular in nature
                          پاکستان پاکستان

Comment

lets say white represent the non muslim minority. even if you remove it the crescent has always been an islamic symbol. so it will not be secular in nature
                            The crescent and the star or the color green have no significance in Islam, they are not sacred, they are meaningless, they have nothing to do with Islam.

Islam does not worship symbols and icons.
                            Last edited by Faruk Khan; Mar 16, 2006, 11:37 AM.

Comment

The crescent and the star or the color green have no significance in Islam, they are not sacred, they are meaningless, they have nothing to do with Islam.

Islam does not worship symbols and icons.
                              It may nothing to do with islam, but it has become norm. No one worship Pakistani flag. Its just a symbol of a nation.

or
                              Lets abolish the Flag altogether.
                              we will be only nation without flag!!!
                              پاکستان پاکستان

Comment

Working...
                              X