X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Directions......

Folks...
    Here is a story,
    Millions of years down the road , if we assume that mankind have miraculously survived for that long....The threat of our sun dying has become very clear, it has used upmost of its fuel ,and has already started to expand, the temperature on earth has started to rise , ppl have been moved away from the equater , but with each year it gets worst..Its only a matter of time that life would be unable to sustain the conditions....
    A space ship is build that can only take few ppl , ( speed of light is still a fomidable barrier).....ppl who represent all the races , and ethnic groups are choosen...( This ship is named Noah's Ark....of course......;-))
    So any way , this ship luckily finds an Einstien Rosen bridge ( a bridge created by blackhole that can take you to the other side of universe) and emerges near a galaxy not very different from ours and soon finds its way to a planet that inhabitable..
    Now they all sit down , to begin A new era in human history...
    First job is to write the objectives of the human society/government, something like the objective resolution...I know they should have thought of it before , but to err is human....Any way , these ppl need your help to develop objectives for their new society.( and i repeat OBJECTIVES not structure .....that would come latter...
    so folks , help them.....give suggestions...

Once again folks , At this time they dont need , rules/laws/thou shalt nots, or structure of the government....only objectives and direction of the human race...

Comment

OK jee
      Let me be the first one (or the only one) to admit that Iíve read your post at least trice and moi have no idea about what to write in reply I thought about a few objectives lekin none of them sounded good enough.
      So could you be íclassís most favorite teacherí and gimme a hint, plz.

Comment

Hmmmm...OK
        Everyone there came from a different background , so they all had some ideas that they had grown comfortable with , but the trouble was, Everyone had his/her own. and what seemed appropriate to one , appeared quite preposturous to others...They argued over things for some time, and then decided somehting..
        They will leave all their old ideas behind and start fresh.
        First question they asked themselves was...What Is a successful life for any individual.( now remember , they had decided not to be influenced by their previous ideas, including cultural/ social religious believes)
        One Of them gave his definition of A good life....
        "I think a good life is If the individual is happy, Gets the chance to sharpen his/her talents , learns according to capacity , and conveys the information to younger generations. And performs his/ her duty to propagate the species, and brings up a healthy and balanced newer generation..."
        Well folks , so can you guys give your opinion about a successful li......fe...
        Sabah ,
        You go first...

Comment

Everybody should be treated equally, regardless of their gender color or other with born attributes.
          None should try to bring others down, if he/she is not doing well on his/her own.
          Everyone should help and respect each other. Everyone should be free to do whatever he or she wants as long as they donít hurt others. Everyone should trust each other, so that when or if anyone has a suggestion or critique he/she should feel free to share it with others.

Itís pretty hard to keep religion and culture out of this, as most of my objectives are build on either religion, culture or the law, sure I often think agar aisa hota to kya hota, but that is normally from a religious or cultural perspective.

Comment

OK , here are some objectives..
            1- Equality for all, in providing security, justice and opportunities..
            2- Freedom of expression....
            3- Pursuit of happiness, By promoting opportunities to develop and utilize ones talents.
            Anyhting you guys want to add , as basic objectives of the government...
            ( Its amazing , how ppl are so enthusiastic in putting out their views in this section , but dont have any idea what they feel is a good system...)

Comment

-Equality of human beings
              -justice for all with out any discrimination
              -freedom for all(not only freedom of expression)....as long as their actions don't harm the next person physically, mentally, economically or any other way.

Also we are assuming that people don't carry any of the emotioanl baggage from their previous planet earth. Meaning they don't recognise the concept of religion, race, color and every type of discrimnation based upon it.

Comment

One Educational System For Everyone
                Equality which is not dependent on race, creed, colour, religion or culture
                Justice for all
                Equal Oppertunity
                No hatred

(I think that's what I want in my Utopia, but does'nt every religion teaches the same)

Comment

last time i checked...

christianity is still trying to get over color. there are churches for blacks and churches for whites. blacks shooting whites for violating their rights. a black man kill a white person and get away with it if he gets more black jurors in the jury so the justice system is down in the gutter.
                  jews are jews.
                  hindus teach discrimination of race.

Islam preaches equity for all. Shias, sunnies, wahabies etc. are different sections of islam. They all are infact one and the same.... when u pray u stand in one line regardless of color faith nationality.
                  The justice system "eye for an eye" is the best if implemented truly.

Islam should be the religion of this new world.

Comment

back to the original post....I think people should pay more attention to who can go on that space ship and who cann't...that seems extremely important....one bad apple and there will be riots in ship while going through Einstein bridge.

CM

Comment

I don't really know what islam preaches. But history shows secterian (shias/sunnis)wars have been going on since 1500 AD. In fact the longest (8 years) war in the middle-east was between Iraq and Iran.

Comment

OK,
                        Now that we have some idea, what they should lay as the basic objectives of their society....lets see if we can help them with their next issue...
                        They had all come from different social and religious back grounds, and had different ideas about appropriate and acceptable social conduct. But in order to function together , and serve their primary objective, mutual respect was needed....How do you respect somehting that you have learned as being..Wrong....How do you respect ppl who you have learned as being ..wrong...
                        Well , they had to come up with a new definition for that word, otherwise it turned out everyone was wrong in others eyes....
                        "We would only consider things wrong if they are against our basic Objectives.( as decided earlier)..." This seemed a fairly good solution..it was OK with most of them...
                        But what to do with ideas learned earlier, thinking cannot change overnight? some one came up with the term "Tolerance." we would be respectful towards others believes, and deep inside our hearts , know that they have as much of a chance of being right as we have..
                        This definition was tricky....folks they need your help again....Can we help them define the word... Tolerance...

Comment

Hello......Why do I always need to jump start things...

Comment

NOva

my man, this is a great post...very positive and constructive..something that needs to be thought about. I have been thinking...and many of my ideas are already on the board...so why repost them? agreeing with them would make it a "me to" sort of thread. disagreeing wont help cuz I agree with them.

Its very hard to be constructive...many on the politics group want to stay in their own realities and let that define their thought leadership horizons.

I will add to your list soon.
                            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Government and or any authority must fulfill each and every one of their obligations to the fullest.

e.g.

if you pay taxes that go for roads, you better not hit a pot hole..and if you do..government must pay for your time and repairs. hows that
                              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Working...
                              X