Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

American messages on Pak. currency

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/world...den000216.html

How can a soverign country use it's currency for the benefit of United States is the question. Pakistan has agreed to stamp it's 100 rupeee notes with Pushto stamp to catch terrorist Osama bin Laden. Looks like Pakistan is serving US interests, so maybe Clinton may as well visit Pakistan.

The United States has taken its campaign to arrest suspected terrorist Osama bin Laden to the people of Pakistan at least to those who smoke.
    In the frontier city of Peshawar on the border with Afghanistan, matchboxes began circulating today with a picture of the Saudi exile accompanied by an Urdu-language message: Reward for Osama bin Laden.

The matchbox message, sponsored by the U.S. Consulate in Peshawar, promised confidentiality for any informer. It also carried a misprint in the reward, offering $500,000 instead of the $5 million announced by Washington.

Message on Pakistani Currency, Too

This is a picture of a 100-rupee note, worth about $2, being circulated
    with a Pashtu-language stamp announcing the U.S. reward offered for
    the capture of Osama bin Laden. (Syed Haider Shah)

That comes out to about 32,000 dollars a pound. USA is stupid to pay so much for a Pig like Osama.

Comment

hmmmm damned if you do and damned if you dont

if you say what the hell, its not our problem..then you are labelled as a part of the problem..

if you say okay, let us work with you on this, then you are a sellout etc etc.

Thank goodness I am not a politician.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Reagan, for once I agree with you. SECULAR Musharraf is another stooge lapdog of US if this story is true.

If he is in charge of the army it doesn't look good.

The Pak Army in general is a full of patriotic and God-fearing muslims. It's a shame if those at the top are selling out to the pork-bellies in Washington. After all Pak air space was violated by the missiles which landed in Afghanistan.

I wonder if the wodows of those who died in that missile attack will be offered visas to US?

Comment

hmmmm damned if you do and damned if you dont

if you say what the hell, its not our problem..then you are labelled as a part of the problem..

if you say okay, let us work with you on this, then you are a sellout etc etc.

Thank goodness I am not a politician.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Working...
          X