Law of Jungle....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Law of Jungle....

We have seen the emergence of various political groups in pakistan , including Jiyyay sindh, Muktti bahunny, Muhajjir qaumi mevement etc..These groups have one thing in common, they are not ideology based groups , but are rather ethnic in origin. Secondly these in general dont have mainstream agendas, But are concerned more with the rights of teh ethnic groups they represent....
    What kind of environment propogates the formation of such groups?? What has been missing in pakistani politics that would have taken care of the frustrations of respective ppl , and prevented this....
    What needs to happen now to reverse the course.....
    ( I want to make somehting clear, I am not against any group, everyone has a reason to say and feel what they do.....I am only interested in understanding the reasons for pakistani politics to deteriorate to this point , where ppl had to fall back on ethnic grouping..)

Out of the 16 ppl who visited , no one had any opinion???

Comment

i donno. i believe apart from MQM, other groups have little or no support. ANP has support, but is it so strongly ethnic? I wonder.

The only serious worry can be pakhtun nationalism. But right now pakistan has frioendly rulers in afghanistan. so no worry right now.

now there is military rule so how does public support matter.

Comment

ZZ,
        My point was to discuss , the factors that lead to emergence of groups that are ethnic based....and the changes in political setup required to reverse the course...

Comment

i think all over the world if a nation has more than one ethnicity, we will see emergence of ethnic groups. if that ethnicity has sizable population, it could even be a party.

nothing abnormal or unnatural that u see ethnic parties in pakistan.

Comment

I think ethnic parties in a way are a good sign so that in a multi-ethnic structure, one party does not dominate and impose their agenda. So nothing wrong or un-patriotic about having ethnic parties. The problem only arises when in an effort to gather votes, these parties try and support seperatism. That would be the only drawback, I would think.

Comment

>>the factors that lead to emergence of groups that are ethnic based<<

I think the reasons are the same, as when we desis in western countries try to stick together and if there is a desi political party or a desi is to be elected - most desis would support him/her, no matter what party he/she might represent. That could be cuz, they/we feel closer, or have this we-share-something-important feeling.

Ethnic parties in Pak in my opinion are established based on two different thing, one just to gain power and they know that by creating an ethnical party they’ll get external support in every form. And then there are the victims – Like before Bangla Desh we called Bengalis machere and gale etc. even before the war (1965) the majority didn’t believe that they would be able to fight, so when we keep pushing an ethnic group they’ll react, maybe first by trying to talk about it and later by joing groups as we all know crowed shouts louder hen a single man.

>>What has been missing in pakistani politics that would have taken care of the frustrations of respective ppl?<<

Understanding and respect. All of our political leader have either supported this or that, none had supported the whole Pakistan, or say cared for development in every city and village of Pak. Sure it’s easy to work in Karachi, Islamabad or Lahore then say in desert areas, a lot of research work has to be done to see what is possible, this needs a strong infrastructure plus a transport line that can hold together the entire country. Now Boluchistan was suffering from ’pani ka qeht’ during ramadan too, it took the military about 24 hours to get one water tank supply to them, lame transport structure and ignored basic human needs, what do we expect then. We keep doing this and they’ll react.

Re. How to Prevented this....
              I think we common Pakistanis are just as responsible as our leader no matter if they were democratically elected dictator’s. We should speak out for Pakistanis or bring the wholes to our leaders attention and tell them that we can’t accept your ignorance. And from the Gov. side the first step has been taken, (more power on district level) if the policy in formulated fairly, implemented correctly and then checked by the Gov. it will bring us closer insha Allah. We need development in all of our provinces, and leaders who care for the country and not for one province.

What needs to happen now to reverse the course
              Hmmm..I think I answered two of your questions in one Khair What we could do, is to follow the development and speak up when there is a tiny winy mistake, or if the Gov. is ’ignoring’ an issues bring it to their attention and try to understand what kind of ppl we have in Pak, learn about their culture, and respect their individuality.

Comment

Jungle knows only one law: Survival of the fittest. LOL

Fata Morgana

Comment

Its based on ethnic and linguistic differences that have been there for ages.
                  Unfortunately politicians have always either supported a group too much or used a group to cause problems.

All goes back to the lack of education and understanding. Propensity to use emotions rather than logic to analyze any situation.
                  Add poverty and a sharp politician to use all these factors to his/her advantage and you will get what you inquired about.

Fata Morgana

as far as the law of the jungle goes, I like it because it has no tax code, defamation and libel clauses and long expensive court cases..I guess everything gets settled outside the courtroom :>
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Working...
                  X