Fundraising drive by Pakistani militants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fundraising drive by Pakistani militants

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan - A Pakistani militant group waging war against India in Kashmir announced a fundraising drive Tuesday to buy arms and ammunition for guerrilla groups.

The fundraising drive will begin Feb. 5, which the Al-Badr group has declared ``Solidarity with Kashmir Day,'' when they will solicit financial support for the rebel insurgency in Indian-ruled Kashmir.

Al-Badr is one of the larger and more active militant groups waging a bloody secessionist movement in Indian-ruled Kashmir. Al-Badr wants a united Kashmir to merge with Islamic Pakistan.

India accuses Pakistan of fomenting violence in Indian-ruled Kashmir. Pakistan says its support is diplomatic and that it only wants to press for the implementation of a United Nations resolution calling for Kashmiris on both sides of the disputed border to decide whether to join India or Pakistan.

Following last month's hijacking of an Indian Airlines plane, relations between India and Pakistan have nose-dived. In addition, cross-border attacks between the two armies has increased.

you forgot to give us the address to send the checks to
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

I have my check book open and my left hand itching to scribe a huge amount on my check. Would they accept VISA/MASTERCARD or DISCOVER.

[This message has been edited by zman (edited January 26, 2000).]

Comment

Given this entusiasm for arming guerillas, do you still say that Pakistan is not a state which sponsors terrorism?

Comment

agni...would you know sarcasm or humour if you saw it or does it have to make an appointment, approach you and give you a resume and business card indicating that it was not meant to be serious.

*yawn* dewd I thought you were smarter than that

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

'Terrorist' is a handy term.

Comment

Hey, wait a minute. Nothing in your post suggested that you guys were kidding! Or may be you are right. I am must be too much of a serious minded dude. :clown

Comment

if I was that serious...i would not have put a stewpid smile at the end. I also thought that as one interacts with people one gets to know their perspective on things.

How can yours truly, a self declared pacifist be interested in any sort of conflict?

Comment

A Pacifist?

Umm, Not quite the right term. I would say violence hater. I certainly am not a wannabe Gandhi. Just calling a spade a spade. But nicely, (knife and fork and all)
                  But sorry anyways, for lacking a sense of (Black?) humor

Comment

I did not see anything Black in my humour kid. you want me to start ebonics now? or did you mean to say..Dark Humor..

Okay, violence hater it is...and a hatred hater...hmmmm.

Just relax mon, u dont have to react that much to a simple word play.

Comment

Dont you "kid" me. Word play or not.

Comment

okay uncle ji... i will be the "kid"
                        khush?

btw where are u located. It is funny that people in politics and religion forum will hold discussions and argue and even fight, without knowing one bit about the other person. Maybe we should have an introduction and background thread.

Comment

>>
                          btw where are u located
                          <<
                          OKay. so this proves one thing. You aren't an ISI agent . Or you would guess this much that I won't be keeping awake late hours to do gup-shup with you guys if I were in India. And since we post messages around the same waking hours, most of us would be in the United states. Right?

But I dont want to disclose my identity on this forum. Someone nearly found out that I am a RAW agent.

Comment

Fraudia, what on earth is ebonics?

Comment

e-bonics is the language used for e-commerce and e-business

Comment

Working...
                              X