Pakistan's leadership crisis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pakistan's leadership crisis

Gen Musharraf says that to end terrorism the Kashmir issue must be resolved first. In other words, Pakistan will do nothing to curb terrorist activities unless the Kashmir issue is resolved first. Why do Pakistani leaders put Kashmir before everything else?

No trade, unless Kashmir resolved first
    No peace unless Kashmir resolved first
    No CTBT signature, unless Kashmir resolved first
    No whatever...

So in effect -
    No welfare of Pakistanis,
    No education,
    No jobs,
    No nothing,
    Unless Kashmir is resolved first. Pakistan itself will be kept on hold unless Kashmir is resolved first. What noble aims!

Gen Musharraf may be a soldier's soldier, but he is no visionary. All of Pakistan's leaders have suffered a singular shortsightedness. Not only do they lack a vision for Pakistan, they see Kashmir as the reason-de-tere (damn the spelling) for Pakistan's survival. That is a narrow self goal for a nation as large as Pakistan.

So you got the message.

Fata Morgana

Comment

Originally posted by Fata Morgana:
      So you got the message.

Fata Morgana
      Are you kidding? Are you saying that it is more important for Pakistan to convince the world that it is going ahead on a reckless all-of-Kashmir-or-nothing mission than the welfare of its own masses? As I said - a narrow self goal for a nation as large as Pakistan. It may suit a somalia or Eritrea to have such ambitions, but Pakistan? More's the pity!

Re: my "getting" the message (at a persoanl level), I know enough about Pakistani politics and the Kashmir issue to have "got" the message a long time ago. But in your assertion you have sought an easy escape route to avoid answering the questions I have raised. Get real.

Comment

That's why China won't help us. They say get our economy strong and then concentrate on Kashmir.

------------------
        You can hate me now....
        But I won't stop now....

Comment

Working...
        X