Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top 10 things I like about Pakistan

Top 10 things I like about Pakistan :

10. Pakistani food : Tasted only once, but cherished forever.
    9. Painted trucks : The westerners find them gawdy. I think they are artistic and unique.
    8. Hawa Hawa : Can't remember the singer, but was great. What is this guy doing these days?
    7. Imran Khan : A true gentleman who simply couldn't get himself to be
    stupid enough to be a politician
    6. Wasim Akram : A great team player with excellent leadership qualities
    5. Zeba Bakhtiar : Looked gorgeous in Henna
    4. Shoaib Akhtar : A very talented bowler, chucking allegations notwithstanding
    3. Ataullah Khan : haven't heard the original yet, but the imitations in India give an idea of what it might be like..
    2. Pakistani drama : A refreshing break from bollywood masala
    1. Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan : In my opinion, the Pakistani of the last millenium

hawa hawa was sung by a pakistani? oh wow! i didnt know that!! man! that song WAS popular! used to hum it a lot.. i was a schoolkid at that time...
    Simple ain't easy.

Comment

I love NFK and Attaullah Khan.
      Love Pakistani food...most of which is my own native Punjabi food anyways.
      Don't care much about these crickters though

What I like most of all is the common Pakistani people. They are just like from my own neighbourhood. They are no different from the common Indian people.

When I talk to like minded friends from Jhang or GujraNwala or Lahore one to one....on the Internet...it gives me lot of hope for the future of our nations. Unfortunately most vocal people on newsgroups on the internet are the ones with extreme views from both countries. Good thing is they are such a minority compared to whole population.

CM

Comment

Dear Agni, Queer, and Chann

Thanks! Makes me so happy to hear that. I am in total agreement with Chann that common Pakistanis and Indians are likeminded and have lot more in common than some will tell you.

There is nothing about Pakistan that I donít like (except its political mess). I like it all, main reason being that I was born and raised there. But I think for someone who is not a Pakistani to acclaim its culture is admirable.

This is the only way to build the bridges that have been destroyed by those with vested interests who view their Power as a result of their Oppression of the Poor. They will learn their lesson one day and I hope that day is soon.

Comment

that song hawa hawa has one interesting quality...

I have heard many different people sing it in concerts and shows....and each and every one of them sings it better than the dude who originally sang it.

Thats the magical quality of that song.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

AGni

I am convinced that you, and only you on this forum are a RAW agent. You chose to forget some very lovebale things about pakistan...i.e. rickshaws.

I love rickshaws...they rock..and then the quotes on the back are a blast too.

yeah and desi kites also.. they rock

[This message has been edited by Fraudz (edited January 20, 2000).]
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraudz:
              AGni

I am convinced that you, and only you on this forum is a RAW agent. You chose to forget some very lovebale things about pakistan...i.e. rickshaws.

I love rickshaws...they rock..and then the quotes on the back are a blast too.

yeah and desi kites also.. they rock
              Fraudia, Good thinking. I get paid $5 an hour by CIA too - to try and do something other than the nauseating hateful stuff we are so used to Remember, defusing tensions between India and Pakistan is on the top of Clinton's agenda..

Comment

Are the rickshaws in india different than those in Pakistan?

( I am a secret agent too, it s so secret even i dunno whose, and my secret mission is so secret that i dunno what it is)

Comment

>>
                  This is the only way to build the bridges that have been destroyed by those with vested interests who view their Power as a result of their Oppression of the Poor. They will learn their lesson one day and I hope that day is soon.
                  <<
                  You are right. And they are all around us, in our neighborhood, on TV and on the streets. We have been brought up hating each other. As children we never questioned these paradigms. "Hate, we must", we were told. The "Why" was never explained. Since Pakistan is India's enemy and since you are an Indian you have no option but to hate Pakistan. So go ahead and use the choicest abusives that you can think of for these wretched people. During cricket matches, throw bottles on the ground if you find that India is losing. If India tests a bomb, dance on the streets since the bomb will one day be used against Pakistan. Celebrate!

IN 50 years, as neighbors, as mature nations we could have sat across the table and sorted out the Kashmir issue in a peaceful manner. But that was not to be. Hatred and enemity came before the problems emerged. And since hatred was all so pervasive, even the smallest problem could be thought through with just one emotion in mind - hatred. Finding a solution that would give but the smallest pleasure to the opposite party was blasphmey. Everything was made a prestige issue. Even cricket matches!

One only hopes that sooner or later the REAL Indians and Pakistanis will come out of their shells and scream for peace. They will refuse to be blackmailed by petty issues and will learn to respect nations for their true worth. Not some old concocted hate doctrine.

Comment

Mr/Ms Agni

the fact that this is the second time you did not address the rickshaw issue..this time even after my inquiry leads me to beleive that there is something fishy about indian rickshaws that you are not telling.

hmmmmm....I will be keeping a close eye on your activities.

Comment

Uh-oh, Fraudia,

Now, Indian rickshaws are very different from Pakistani ones. Not that I have seen the Pakistani one, but , wait a minute, why do you want to know this? This is classified info

Seriously, I think the ricks do a lot more good than we in India care to appreciate. No pollution. A job for a guy. And a service for another.

BTW, RAW has ingenious methods of loading RDX into rickshaws without anyone suspecting.. oops my big mouth

Comment

agni

rickshaw.. no pollution.. haen?
                        abay..i was not talking about the cycle rickshaws...i was talking about motor rickshaws...they pollute like hell..

( i got to abay tabay level cuz I am bay takkaluf typa guy)

Comment

Bay-takalluffi is cool...

The auto-rickshaws! Are they clever. But yes, they pollute like hell. Did you know that Bajaj auto is coming out with an eco-freindly version?

Do you have Autorickshaws in Pakistan?

Comment

Bajaj...are they not making stuff under license from Italian company Vespa? Eco friendly rickshaws will be great.

I have not seen cycle-rickshaws in Pakistan
                            I was told that they were banned back in the 60's or so, but I could be mistaken.

The problem with Pakistani Rickshaw drivers is that they forget that although there is one wheel in the front that there are 2 in the back and it can not squeeze between a big bus and an oil truck to pass them.

So why talk about rickshaw in politics, heh because on the back of rickshaws sometime you find political statements painted. and they are also used by local political parties to post there posters on since they believe that its their baap's/pitta's/piu's jageer.

Comment

If I am not wrong the song, "Hawa Hawa, khushboo bhula day....yaar mila day" was originally sung by, Hassan Jahangir.

Comment

Working...
                              X